I have an Inquisitor (Bleak walker/ Soul Blade), dual wielding Grave Calling and Ecco's Blaster. Through out the game I've been going back and forth between light and medium armor, and now just finished Splintered Reef, which means I have the Blackened Plate. Which begs the questions...

Should I suit up in the sexy plate, or just stick with a  lighter suit already? The light armor alternative I have is the Miscreants Leather (I'm keeping an eye open for alternatives though, because Miscreants looks awful). Blackened Plate looks awesome and has cool stats, but I'm worried about the action speed slowdown.. 

Thoughts? Alternatives? 

A look at the stats and stuff, if it matters: 

Might: 17

Con:   16

Dex:   19

Per:    16

Int:     15

Res:   17

Edited by Daggerknight

If you are soloing you go for plate.

But if not you are better off in a fast breastplate like Devil of Caroc or in one of the better leathers like Gipon Prusensco, Garari or Fleshmender - it depends on looks. Miscreant's is actually a very good armor for dps. If you want something sturdier you generally go for Devil of Caroc or Bloody Links. 

But if not you are better off in a fast breastplate like Devil of Caroc or in one of the better leathers like Gipon Prusensco, Garari or Fleshmender - it depends on looks. Miscreant's is actually a very good armor for dps. If you want something sturdier you generally go for Devil of Caroc or Bloody Links. 

Im trying to get Gipon, but I seem to have run out of pirate ships to hit so I can reduce my principi rating... any advice?

Im trying to get Gipon, but I seem to have run out of pirate ships to hit so I can reduce my principi rating... any advice?

There is a mod on nexus that spawns the ships. Or you can kill some pirates like the ones in the undercroft but yeah the mod is the easiest because you have to lower your rep to -3 to get it normally. 

With your weapon setup, you don't exploit the damage potential of the Flames of Devotion full attack sequence. If you were using dual melee weapons and/or dual pistols/blunderbusses, you'd do A LOT more damage with FoD (which strikes with both weapons, but only triggers recovery for offhand). You'd also generate a lot more Focus this way.

Edited by Haplok

With your weapon setup, you don't exploit the damage potential of the Flames of Devotion full attack sequence. If you were using dual melee weapons and/or dual pistols/blunderbusses, you'd do A LOT more damage with FoD (which strikes with both weapons, but only triggers recovery for offhand). You'd also generate a lot more Focus this way.

Possibly, but I do really like the visual of pistol/ saber, and more specifically the energy ball blasts out of Eccos' pistol. 

All right... I slaughtered Ferrnante, murder faced everyone in the Undercroft, killed Dareo, smashed up every single Principi ship on the seas, and murdered Aldeys. Still no Gipon ship in sight. Granted, my rep with the pirates is at a 4 or 5 on good AND bad, but I'm not sure if that's whats offsetting the spawn or not.. thoughts?

This plate is a horrible armor for any dps.

Yes and no.

Take the Blackened Plate armor that he chooses as an example; With the right enchant, that provides -1 armour to every enemy in 1.8m(+int%) radius. That means that against any enemy he would underpenetrate with his chosen weapons while wearing any other armour in the game, regardless of their weight class, he deals substantially more damage per hit.  For each point of underpenetration we are talking about 25% less damage, and reductions are multiplicative rather than additive like increases. Now, given that his chosen weapons are Grave Caller and Eccea's Blaster, that doesn't matter for his ranged attack as it is raw damage (if he doesn't imbue), but it does matter for Grave Caller.

That said, even with a recovery boosting bet such as Abraham or Cuthroat Cosmo (personal boost) or Nalvi (party boost) overall the inquisitor will likely deal more damage with the light armour, because he won't underpenetrate most common enemies - but on the other hand, those where he will be underpenetrating in melee are typically the nastier enemies.

Finally, there's the point that the reduction of armour benefits not only the damageoutput per hit against enemies he'd underpenetrate of the character wearing it, but also of any attack from any other party member or summon on the player's team that would underpenetrate against enemies in the aura. (And, goes without saying, against weaker enemies with some low armour values, it will significantly increase the ease of gaining the overpenetration bonus.)

Having a frontliner wear the Blackened Plate makes it the best armour in the game for damagedealing purposes of the party rather than the individual.

Of course, whether it should be his inquisitor or another frontliner wearing it, that's another matter entirely. If his sabre & pistol inquisitor spends most time at range rather than in melee, then it definitely should go to somebody else who is stuck in melee most of the time, because the aura isn't that large.

Edited by pi2repsion

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.