(spoilers) Guardian Plate & Wintertide Bulwark

Both the Guardian Plate & Wintertide Bulwark (lg shield), were soul bound items I aquired in BoW.  Both have the same requirement to advance the soul bound attributes, that is both the plate & the shield require the wearer to get 100 afflictions.  One soul bound with that requirement is challenge enough, but both items?

So I have Eder equiping both the plate and the shield, but as he aquires afflictions, it only shows up on the plate, not the shield.  If he has both equipped, and receives an affliction, shouldn't that register with both the plate and the shield?  I'm wondering if this is as intended, of if it may be a minor (but annoying) bug.

I had the same issue - think/hope it's a bug, since I don't see any good reason to expect a character using both to have to get 200 hundred afflictions. As a side note, after I finished getting the afflictions for the plate, future ones didn't trigger for the shield at first. I unequipped the armor and the shield, and then re-equipped the shield with different armor, and then the shield started triggering its affliction count. Not sure what might show, but it could be helpful for anyone else trying to get both soulbounds taken care of.

• Like 1

Discovered the exact same issue today, so it may be better to post a bug report, or move this thread there. I'll do some tests to see whether the shield starts keeping count when the plate is unequipped, and which one continues counting when the plate is re-equipped.

• Like 2

I mean, provided the idea of kind of gaming the system doesn't bother you, you can do what I do. Go wallow with some rotting corpses in the undercity of Neketaka and you can get 100 afflictions in a few minutes of idle time. Until this bug is addressed you could always just get 100 that way and leave the other item unsullied by these artificial conditions.

• Like 1

I mean, provided the idea of kind of gaming the system doesn't bother you, you can do what I do. Go wallow with some rotting corpses in the undercity of Neketaka and you can get 100 afflictions in a few minutes of idle time. Until this bug is addressed you could always just get 100 that way and leave the other item unsullied by these artificial conditions.

I gave up unlocking this and I already did that part of Neketaka, so let's hope I can find more rotting corpses somewhere else...

sign.jpg

I gave up unlocking this and I already did that part of Neketaka, so let's hope I can find more rotting corpses somewhere else...

There's plenty of rotten corpsepiles in the undercity to sicken anyone, and I don't think the miasma there ever dissipates. It should work just by standing in the right spot.

• Like 2

I've had to work this week, but now I'm off for 3 days, so I'll have some time to see if the un-equiping & re-equiping process triggers the shield to start gaining credit for afflictions on the shield.  If I get desperate, I may head down the the under city again and tromp throught some corpse piles, although I usually avoid that type of manuver.  I have been having Aloth cast a few AOE spells on Eder's position if he's somewhat isolated which seems to help.

Will also mention this in the bugs section to see if it catches a developers eye as a bug.

This method is obscene! Just a couple of minutes indeed. But since I have Rekke use two-handed weapons and I'm finishing the game, I'll cheat this way to check what are all the effects of the shield. :p

sign.jpg

This method is obscene! Just a couple of minutes indeed. But since I have Rekke use two-handed weapons and I'm finishing the game, I'll cheat this way to check what are all the effects of the shield. :p

Don't kink shame my watchers. Some of them like to roll around in fetid corpse piles, okay?  :dancing:

• Like 2

So I played a few hours last night, un-equipped both the Guardian Plate & the Wintertide Bulwark from Eder.  Equipped him with a different armor & the Wintertide shield, and now the shield is working as intended by getting credit for afflictions received.  I haven't tried re-equipping both yet to see if they will work together.