Ydwin's mysterious background

So far, all I know about Ydwin's intriguing backstory is what I've read on the internet - nothing in game. I've taken her to the animancy teleport quest atop the spire, and through the Beast of Winter, but it doesn't come up. Since she's a sidekick, you can't really talk to her either.

Did I miss something? Or is there a specific situation where you can find out more about her?

All the glimpses of Ydwin's background I've seen has been when she interjects into the BoW DLC conversations about her past living in the White that Wends.  Like how she robbed someone to buy passage across the sea and how she supposedly has come from a very poor clan who she still feels bitter about since they still cling to their traditional beliefs with Rymgrand despite their living conditions.

Edited by Metaturtle
  • Like 2

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

So the whole thing about her removing her soul from the cycle is never actually mentioned? It's strange, because Aloth seems to know - he makes a side comment on how she 'takes what she needs form the living...'

I've had the conversation where she explains that she removed her soul from the wheel if you have a decent metaphysics rating (7ish?) when you first talk to her to "understand" her research. 

Edited by Metaturtle
  • Like 1

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

So the whole thing about her removing her soul from the cycle is never actually mentioned? It's strange, because Aloth seems to know - he makes a side comment on how she 'takes what she needs form the living...'

I only ever had the introductory conversation with her, and that's where she talks about it. As someone else said, you need a high enough metaphysics skill to talk about it.