[oversight] Trap causes no damage but injury on immune character

Boeroer

Question

Hi,

I just went to the Sandswept Ruins (southwest island of the world map) and entered the room with the altar that's sourrounded by flames. Because I'm wearing Rekvu's Scorched Cloak plus an injury (which turns all burn damage into healing and makes you basically immune) I thought I'd try and just step on the flames. I injured although I received 0 damage.

I suspect that all traps will show that behaviour: causing injuries even though they can't deal any damage?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 answers to this question

Hey Boeroer!

You would be correct!  Traps create serious injuries which can have different effects, many of which will reduce stats or max health instead of dealing short term physical damage to the characters.  Since traps aren't dealing damage, this would not trigger the effects of the cloak.

I hope this answers your question :)

No, it does not unfortunately. And I know excatly how traps work. :)

I think you didn't understand what I was trying to say:

My character is immune to burn damage (even gets healed by it). How can a trap that causes burn damage give me a "Serious Burn" as injury? I mean I know how - from a mechanical point of view - I just think it makes no sense and is an oversight. 

So I suspect (didn't test) that if I lure an enemy who is immune to pierce damage (some kind of skeleton for example) into a trap that causes pierce damage - how can that skeleton get an injury from that? It makes no sense.

How can I bath in my own Wall of Flame and get healed by it while a burning trap gives me a serious burn? Why can the skeleton be poked woth a pike until there's no tomorrow - but suffers an injury from a piercing trap (best would be if it gets "punctured lung" as injury ;) )?

I hope I made it more clear now. Sorry if my previous post was fuzzy.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods