True Druid Spiritshifting

After some trial and error i managed to rework Druid Spiritshifting:

1. The Spiritshift Duration and Abilities scale with Power Level.
2. Spiritshift Weapons (except for Stormblight) are now Unarmed.

One problem however remains:

Spiritshifting disables the Unarmed Weapon Modal even though i changed the attack.gamedatabundle to Unarmed. The Question is: What am i missing?

Thanks for your help!

Here is the link to the mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/213

You changed the ability and the attack gamedata, the proficiency of a weapon is set in the weapongamedata, it's in the item.gamedatabundle.

It's fast and easy to fix, just take the attackid that you modified, copy, and search the same id in the item.gamedatabundle.
In this way you should find the weapongamedata of the claws.

Just put the proficiency id for the unarmed in ProficientAbilityID.

Beware to find the right proficiency for the unarmed because in ability.gamegatabundle you can find two of them, one is passive, one is modal, you want to copy/paste the id of the modal one. 

Maybe it's not enough and you need to change the EquipmentType field from None to Unarmed.

• Like 1

CzSyX91.jpg

Thanks for the hints @mammasaura!

I changed everything like you said: Copy+Paste the Unarmed-Modal-ID and switching EquipmentType from None to Unarmed.

Now the Haymaker Modal works and the Spiritshift Weapon truly counts as Unarmed.

This also means: Without Monastic Unarmed Training or Transcendent Suffering the Spiritshift Forms lack any damage bonus.

Good or bad? :biggrin:

Making them of unarmed type should get the bonus from both the two talents, but I could be wrong.
And maybe it's also broken :D

Do they give bonuses?

That should be related to the keyword unarmed.

Don't know if the claws have it.

Have fun :)

Edited by mammasaura

CzSyX91.jpg

The Druid only gets the bonus from one aspect either the Monastic Unarmed Training or the Spiritshift Weapon table. Would be OP otherwise - no? :biggrin:

However i decided to remove the scaling with Monastic Unarmed Training while buffing other aspects of Spiritshifting. Shifters should be much more fun now! :yes:

So, for my understanding, with the mod installed a Spiritshifted Druid's claws do not get the usual scaling bonuses? Or they scale like in the base game, except based on PL instead of CL?

Out of curiosity, why wasn't the Stormblight's attack changed to also count as Unarmed?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The Spiritshift damage scales like usual @AndreaColombo but it also allows mutliclassing with Devoted. Was a lot of trial & error until i got this one right.

I am not sure about Stormblight. It feels more like a spell-attacker and - yes - you can count this as unarmed too.

So if you desperatly want to play a Devoted/Fury its no problem to mod this one in! :biggrin:

• Like 1