"Missing DLC" + GeForce Now

RojayNola

Question

Recognizing that Obsidian has no control over nVidia or the GeForce Now streaming service, I thought I would post here to see if anyone else is experiencing the problem I've experienced. 

It first popped up a month or so ago, I believe after I downloaded and installed one of the free DLCs that added mainly cosmetic items. I'd played with that content, using GeForce Now successfully several times, logging about 8-10 hours total. Then one day I could no longer select the saves created with the DLC content installed. The message "Missing DLC" replaced the option to choose those specific saves.  

I Googled the issue using a few different search terms/phrases and found others had experienced a similar problem with Fallout 4 and The Witcher; there were a few suggested fixes, none of which seemed to work. I tried several things, including starting PoE II from the "manage steam" option in GeForce Now and uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC in Steam. Neither worked immediately, but then suddenly my saves were restored. 

I bought and installed the Beast of Winter DLC and had no problems playing and accessing saves through GeForce Now. Then I finally got around to installing the Deck of Many Things, played for a couple of days, and the issue returned. As of this moment I get the "Missing DLC" message for saves with the Deck of Many Things DLC installed, but can still access saves with Beast of Winter.  

Again, I certainly don't expect Obsidian to do anything about this, and of course I can always just play without the Deck of Many Things content, but if anyone else has experienced the issue and knows how to fix it, I'd be grateful. 

For what it's worth, I've been very happy playing the game using GeForce Now. I'm using an early 2015 Macbook Pro (High Sierra, 2.7 GHz i5; 8GB RAM, Iris 6100), and before using GeForce Now it was barely playable (and sometimes not playable at all) on the lowest settings. I still can't always play with all of the bells and whistles, but it was great to see all of the graphical details I'd been missing. 

I'm going to keep looking for a fix and will post in the GeForce Now and Steam support forums as well. If I come up with anything, I'll relay the information here. 

1 answer to this question

In the event someone else has the issue down the road, the fix was simple - in the GeForce Now application, I chose "open Steam" to launch the game. Doing so allowed me to see the DLC I'd purchased and that Beast of Winter and one other DLC were listed as downloaded but not installed. At first I had to "uncheck" both, then reinstall them, but now Steam does it automatically; it takes about a minute. Launching the game thereafter works like a charm.