how Revan's face should be done in STL

How do you think Revan's face should be shown  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Revan's face should be shown

• Give him/her a random face each time you start the game
    • Give him/her an "official" face depending on the gender
    • You pick the face
    • Don't show Revan's face in TSL at all
    • I got another solution (please reply here and state it)

Okay Adria, I'm not trying to spam or anything. I do believe that this post should be independent from my last two posts on similar but not exact subject for the following reasons: 1) This topic is different from the previous two and 2) There can be only one poll per thread, and I think this poll is important for feedback incase the devs need it. I hope you understand, I'm not making a post on two exact topics and this one deserves its own. Thanks.

Anyhow... the three solutions for his light side face is: 1) to give him a random face, or 2) an "official" face, or 3) you pick the face. Or a less pleasent alternative: don't show Revan's face in the game at all, which would bring enjoying KOTOR 2's gameplay down significantly if done, I predict.

I vote for 2, but I can go with 3.

If any of you people got other solutions, please post them here.

Wow your like a big thread factory lately nothing but Eddo36 threads as far as the eye can see.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Wow your like a big thread factory lately nothing but Eddo36 threads as far as the eye can see.

Yeah, well I just like giving ideas. I won't be having much time to give more, gonna go to boot camp for the Marines in less than 3 weeks, so I just wanna give the great developers of this game my input before I go, and hope they find some helpful. I'm glad I found this place last week.

You didn't list the most feasible option: masked Revan.

I thought that light side don't wear evil Sith masks.

How else can his face not be shown? Each time the camara shows him, it only shows him from shoulder down like that bad guy from Inspector Gadget cartoons? (wonders how to fight/interact him if/when you see him)

if it could be done i would  like to choose the face

Seconded :blink:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Seconded :)

Vigorously thirded :p I mean why not just choose a face while you are chooseing your new PC's face, it could be done very subtly, like simply an extension of choosing your own face B)

Now ive said this before and ill say it again, I wouldnt like it if a face was chosen for me, it would ruin the whole illusion, so if the above ^ couldnt be implemented the masked Revan would have to do....grudgingly :angry:

I agree.

I just don't know how they'd implement it to work fluidly with the game. From what we've been told, you'll be asked questions in a subtle dialogue with an NPC to "tell" the game specifics about Revan. But then how would they let you choose his face? Cut to a character creation screen during the dialogue? Will Atton have a picture album with him and you browse through and point out Revan? The implementation would probably be difficult to make it flow smoothly.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The picture album thing could work but Revan wore a mask when he was sith lord and I doubt Atton would have even heard of Revan before then so it's very unlikely he would have a picture album with his photo in. <_<

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I agree.

I just don't know how they'd implement it to work fluidly with the game. From what we've been told, you'll be asked questions in a subtle dialogue with an NPC to "tell" the game specifics about Revan. But then how would they let you choose his face? Cut to a character creation screen during the dialogue? Will Atton have a picture album with him and you browse through and point out Revan? The implementation would probably be difficult to make it flow smoothly.

HI! i've been reading this forum for a while but never bothered to log on to make a post, then i forgot my username and blah. anyway, maybe they could subtly use a pazaak deck with famous faces, one of them being revan (that you pick)...but i think if evil he should be masked, if not, i pick a face for me

I wanna choose, pleeeeeeeeeease Obsidian!! :D Seriously, if we can tell the second game what we did in the first, so everything in the second game should match what we did in the first. That way, we can pick a different face for making the "sequel" to specific games of KotOR that we played.

For example I did:

Good guy Revan: the long haired guy

Bad guy Revan: the goatee growing guy

Good girl Revan: the brown haired girl with the ponytail

Bad girl Revan: either the girl with the black ponytail or the short haired girl with the hair covering her eye

I'd rather the Revan not be a factor in the game at all. This is a new story, and it centers on the new PC. If Revan is around, what stops him/her from being the deciding factor in galactic politics?

I'd rather that Revan be preoccupied with other matters, or die off-camera doing something important.

What I want is for Revan to not be actually seen or heard from directly, but still have some kind of bearing on the story. I suppose it would be all right if my character meets him, and his head was the one I wanted, but then there's still the "what kind of voice will he have" or "what will he be wearing" issues. It wouldn't bother me a great deal, I would just prefer that my character not actually come across Revan.