Atmosphere (I hope Justin Bell reads this)

Just wanted to let you folks know that we're doing the following:

• Night music in all Neketaka districts except for dungeons and inns, and some wilderness areas.  It will be two pieces of music, one for towns, one for wilderness areas
  • Boss music for all boss encounters
  • Reactive music turned off by default, but optionally turned on if you so wish.

Couple notes to set expectations.  We will be re-purposing music from Pillars 1 for the music above.   I know that this will likely disappoint some, but my current workload won't allow for anything more than this.  That said, I really think it will make the difference you guys hope for and urge you to give it a chance!

We're aiming to have this in when Seeker, Slayer, Survivor launches, but like anything we do, I can't guarantee the timing because we need to test it first to make sure we can safely add it to the game.  That said, it's looking good so far, and we hope to be able to do this for the 3.0 release.  If not for that release, then one shortly thereafter. 

Stand by! 

Damn, kudos to you for being such an awesome and communicative dev(s)! Exemplary, really. 

• Like 3

• Night music in all Neketaka districts except for dungeons and inns, and some wilderness areas.  It will be two pieces of music, one for towns, one for wilderness areas
  • Reactive music turned off by default, but optionally turned on if you so wish.

Couple notes to set expectations.  We will be re-purposing music from Pillars 1 for the music above.   I know that this will likely disappoint some, but my current workload won't allow for anything more than this.  That said, I really think it will make the difference you guys hope for and urge you to give it a chance!

We're aiming to have this in when Seeker, Slayer, Survivor launches, but like anything we do, I can't guarantee the timing because we need to test it first to make sure we can safely add it to the game.  That said, it's looking good so far, and we hope to be able to do this for the 3.0 release.  If not for that release, then one shortly thereafter. 

Stand by! 

Amazing news ! I think it will really add to the atmosphere. Thank you very much for your time and open mind :)

Edited by dukeisaac
  • Like 4

Stand by! 

Wow, this is really nice! Thanks for taking the time and work to do this. I think it'll be in the game when I start my second pt. :)

• Like 4

sign.jpg

Amazing! I did not expect anything and certainly not before a potential third game.
Now I am listening the soundtrack for PoE 1, speculating which songs would fit. Thank you so much!

(Ha! Edwin Odesseiron's domination spell always works on these bards...)

Edited by EdwinOdesseiron
  • Like 2

Strange thing: when i playing the game, music just flows and don't memorable, exept 2 or 3 tracks. But today i had a free time and desided to listen OST - and i was amazed how magnificient and charming all of Justin's work - every song has own temper, brilliant instruments arrange, interesting structure. All and all, it's state of art.

Now i wonder why all this beauty don't recognized during the game process..?

Anyway, if someone feels ingame music mediocre try to sit, relax, and carefully listen OST - maybe you change your mind like i did.

That's a very good point and I believe it's the same with movie soundtracks. Most of the time we only notice them when they stand out and when that happens it usually means that the music takes us away from the experience (i.e. it breaks immersion).

A good soundtrack doesn't stand out and therefore often goes unnoticed and this one is simply a great soundtrack.  I don't know about you guys but I never felt like it broke the flow of the game which is absolutely remarkable. 

• Like 4