[Mod Idea] Is this even possible...? Changing Lord Darryn's Voulge's visual appearance but keeping the visual effects?

Hey guys, 

So... This is a mod idea I've had since I saw the new 2H axe Amra in the Beta Branch, and I was wondering if such a thing would even be possible. Basically, I'd like to take Amra's weapon model, replace the Lord Darryn's Voulge base model with it, while overlaying all of the blue lightning visual effects of the LDV over it. 

Problem is, I'm pretty sure this would be functionally impossible. But I'd love to be proven wrong. 

https://poe.peardox.com

We do AMAZING stuff

Look on the menu + Req a Mod

Edited by peardox

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Yes, you can, you need to check the item.gamedatabundle and the two objects.

In the EquippableComponent of the LVD item you need to change the field:

"AppearancePiece": {
                "ModelVisualDataPath": "prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/poleaxe/a_poleaxe05.assett"
},

with the model of the Amra weapon.

For the blue effect it depends, LDV doesn't seem to have something related to that, but can be an effect you get from upgrade or from another feature of the weapon.
Just try to only swap the model of the weapon and see if you get what you want :)

Edited by mammasaura
  • Like 1

CzSyX91.jpg

Yes, you can, you need to check the item.gamedatabundle and the two objects.

In the EquippableComponent of the LVD item you need to change the field:

"AppearancePiece": {

"ModelVisualDataPath": "prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/poleaxe/a_poleaxe05.assett"

},

with the model of the Amra weapon.

For the blue effect it depends, LDV doesn't seem to have something related to that, but can be an effect you get from upgrade or from another feature of the weapon.

Just try to only swap the model of the weapon and see if you get what you want :)

It's probably an effect from the Static Thunder upgrade, so hopefully that carries over. I've decided to let the mod request guys have a look at it. I do think it'll be cool if it works though! Even if it wouldn't exactly be a 'Voulge' at that point. I could rename it to "Lord Darryn's Axe" but then the lore entry would have to be changed too. 

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather

• 1 month later...