[2.1] Character falls into animation loop when using an ability

dunehunter

Question

21 answers to this question

Hey dunehunter, can you get us some media or a save of the issue at hand?

Thanks!

It is really easy to reproduce the issue, I’m having the problem all the time now. The best way to reproduce is using an ability at its furthest range, very likely u gonna be stuck in an infinite animation loop which leads to game crash eventually...

Same issue here. I find that Whispers of the Endless Path is very susceptible to this bug due the Cone AoE. That is my personal experience, but this could happen to other weapons too. In fact I once noticed that enemies would get stuck in the animation loop too.

It is difficult to show proof as it is intermittent and depends on minute positioning during combat.

Hello all!

We have attempted to reproduce the issue in house and are not able to get animations to loop as mentioned above. Would any of you have a save or some media to add to help us investigate the issue for you?

Thanks!

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

To kind of shed some light on the process, there are many variables that may prevent issues as seeing problems 100% that you may observe on your computer, which is why save games and output.logs help in our investigations to reproduce problems. Most often if you do see an issue and want to have the best case scenarios for us to get the matter fixed for you it's always a best practice to employ :).

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

After a few more test, the bug seems to happen when a character is moving, when he try to stop himself from moving and within the animation of stopping, and before he completely stop and u try to use an ability at the same time, the bug occurs.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

I've just experienced this. Annoying doesn't begin to describe it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hi Obs guys I really like PoE and want to help you, if you still can't reproduce this bug check this video, this bug can happen with any class and with any enemy, there no output file, my OS Windows 10, game version steam, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

If they can't reproduce it, they can't fix it.

Don't know mate. For me it's impossible not to reproduce it...!

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus