But don't forget the double inversion that turns the "official" -35% into "real" -55%. It is pretty severe.

Not as bad as a graze, but still bad. If you graze with a Full Attack then: enemy laughs and says he fears your misses more. ;)

1% proc chance is laughable. I think some people don't understand how the math behind it works. They think that you will have 100% proc chance after 100 hits. Or 50% proc chance with 50 hits. That's not the case.

Boeroer can you use your pull to get that % decreased?

The new Amra axe seems pretty sweet. Kinda like what Barb Carnage should have been. Feels significantly more impactfull then Carnage. Particularly the enchant that slays enemies under 50 HP. It synergizes very well with stuff like Cleaving Stance and other on-kill effects (such as Triumph of the Crusaders). No more annoying enemies with 15 HP left or kill stealing in a party! The base damage is pretty high on it and I guess it also includes damage modifiers, such as weapon quality and sneak attack (Carnage does not). Sure it's only on crits, but some characters can stack a pretty high crit chance.

Seems like a really nice, early weapon, worth building for (you want to have that 25 Might and not wait for a chance to maybe trigger Frenzy). Well, only issue would be Penetration, as it's single damage type and the Pen value isn't impressive.

Edited by Haplok

The new Amra axe seems pretty sweet. Kinda like what Barb Carnage should have been. Feels significantly more impactfull then Carnage. Particularly the enchant that slays enemies under 50 HP. It synergizes very well with stuff like Cleaving Stance and other on-kill effects (such as Triumph of the Crusaders). No more annoying enemies with 15 HP left or kill stealing in a party! The base damage is pretty high on it and I guess it also includes damage modifiers, such as weapon quality and sneak attack (Carnage does not). Sure it's only on crits, but some characters can stack a pretty high crit chance.

Seems like a really nice, early weapon, worth building for (you want to have that 25 Might and not wait for a chance to maybe trigger Frenzy). Well, only issue would be Penetration, as it's single damage type and the Pen value isn't impressive.

It's not proc on Crit, it's proc on graze/hit/crit.

Edited by dunehunter

Pretty sure it's also on crit - but 100%, rather then 33% for GS.

Anyway, please have a look at the item descriptions on the first page.

I've been playing with it a little bit with a Swashbuckler on Saturday and I liked what I was seeing.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

I have a question: if you do FoD with Amra and proc "special Carnage" - I know it gets passive stuff like weapon quality, sneak attack bonus etc. But does it also get the +10 ACC and the burning lash from FoD?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have a question: if you do FoD with Amra and proc "special Carnage" - I know it gets passive stuff like weapon quality, sneak attack bonus etc. But does it also get the +10 ACC and the burning lash from FoD?

Does not look like it:

AMRA_FOD.png

Interestingly enough, it DOES gain the accuracy from Marksman's Ring.

Honestly, the fact that the damage is affected by armor is a downer.

Does not look like it:

---

Eager Blade's splash attack when enemies get low is also affected by marksman ring although driving flight doesn't do anything to it.  Armor affected lashes and splash always makes me sad. ;(  At least the carnage from Amra can crit though.

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

Does not look like it:

---

Eager Blade's splash attack when enemies get low is also affected by marksman ring although driving flight doesn't do anything to it.  Armor affected lashes and splash always makes me sad. ;(  At least the carnage from Amra can crit though.

The Riven Gore secondary effect is IMHO the best part about the weapon. Quickly taking out small fry or wounded targets is a massive boon.

Right now trying to think of the best class combo to take.

Holy Slayer (Streetfighter/Bleakwalker) is usually my go to, but I think I am getting bored of that setup.

Edited by lorddarkflare
  • Like 1

Does not look like it:

---

The Riven Gore secondary effect is IMHO the best part about the weapon. Quickly taking out small fry or wounded targets is a massive boon.

Holy Slayer (Streetfighter/Bleakwalker) is usually my go to, but I think I am getting bored of that setup.

Yah. I am really loving it on a pure fighter in a party.

Edited by Metaturtle

Does not look like it:

---

Ooh I did not think about pure fighter.

Right now I am testing Devoted/Barb and Devoted/Streetfighter.

BTW, how are you making it to 25 Might?

Me Right now: Base 18, Living Lands (+1), Racial Bonus (+2), Ogre Might (+2), Pet (+1), Belt Whose Name I cannot Remember (+1)

I am thinking that there has to be a better way.

• Like 1

Me Right now: Base 18, Living Lands (+1), Racial Bonus (+2), Ogre Might (+2), Pet (+1), Belt Whose Name I cannot Remember (+1)

Drugs, cheap food, chameleon's touch (if applicable) too.  Since I'm in a party, I usually just get it from either a cipher or priest when I'm feeling cheap.

Edited by Metaturtle
  • Like 1

Does not look like it:

---

Eager Blade's splash attack when enemies get low is also affected by marksman ring although driving flight doesn't do anything to it. Armor affected lashes and splash always makes me sad. ;( At least the carnage from Amra can crit though.

Inspired discipline?

I equipped the Shroud of The Phantasm on my Seer before my latest Nemnok fight. Living Illusions turned the battle into the most entertaining spectacle I've had in Deadfire: a maelstrom of Accurate Wounding Shot Frostbringer strikes, Mind Plague, Secret Horrors, Mental Binding, Disintegrate, etc. I kept Brilliance on Xoti via Ancestor's Honor, and in turn, had her spam Salvation of Time to keep Living Illusions going.

• Like 1

There goes the broken combo I was carefully avoiding to mention on the boards. Nerf hammer incoming.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Shroud of The Phantasm illusions don't trigger vengeful defeat or barbarian retaliation sadly :(

Good to know, saves me time I would have otherwise wasted testing it.

That said, it did work for the Echoes of the Godhammer AoE-on-death enchantment on the One Dozen Stood plate. So, I reckon it'd work for the Effigy's Husk and Effort as well. :yes:

EDIT: Proof; here's Aloth going NIPPON BANZAI on the Beast of Winter;

UjnbCAv.jpg

Edited by Ascaloth
  • Like 1

Shroud of The Phantasm illusions don't trigger vengeful defeat or barbarian retaliation sadly :(

Good to know, saves me time I would have otherwise wasted testing it.

That said, it did work for the Echoes of the Godhammer AoE-on-death enchantment on the One Dozen Stood plate. So, I reckon it'd work for the Effigy's Husk and Effort as well. :yes:

Yep, item based passive effect works, not class ones.