The Phantasm's Brilliant chane is very, very low. Even if you get damaged 50 times in a row (by whatever dmg sources) the chance of triggering Brilliant is only 39.5%. With 100 times damage it's 63.4%. Meh... At the moment it seems that the best way to get a proc would be to stand in somebody's Wall of Flame: very low damage per hit and 1 hit per second. 

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Karabörü - :lol: - sounds a bit like me. ;)

I like the looks very much.

I was just thinking that! If it looks like that ingame, it'll a cool looking greatsword with two offensive mods, so it should be at least all right. The 2h axe is a bit more interesting, though.

•  
  • Full Attacks made while dual wielding will now receive a -35% penalty to the damage they deal.
  •  

You guys asked for it and got it.

Er, maybe the wrong thread, but I just finished reading the patch notes and for some reason had to post here. Not everybody visits the beta forums.

Anyways. I'm more interested in the spellybooks, since I'm a Wizard enthusiast. I hope the unique spells are Ninagauth-tier, not "the rest"-tier. 

Any chance for screenshots of the new equips though? I haven't seen anything, but the axe sure looks interesting.

notpex9.gif

Seriously? Don't buff one-handed what is garbage and don't buff twohanded what is still useless (if they buffed it, i did not see the notes yet). No no nerf the only option melee classes had. Just play chanter / wizard multiclass now, you dont even need gear to beat everything in the game. #worstchangeever

Can't see how you can beat neriscyrlas solo on potd upscaled now with a melee class.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Can't see how you can beat neriscyrlas solo on potd upscaled now with a melee class.

Playing solo is an option if you feel like it, not something the game was balanced for.

It's not balanced in party either. I can beat the bow dragon with 5 chanters or 5 chanter / wizards naked. Where is the damn party balance? They just take a big dump on solo players now and it is still ludacris easy for party. great job.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

Seriously? Don't buff one-handed what is garbage and don't buff twohanded what is still useless (if they buffed it, i did not see the notes yet). No no nerf the only option melee classes had. Just play chanter / wizard multiclass now, you dont even need gear to beat everything in the game. #worstchangeever

I did the Neriscyrlas fight (solo, PotD, upscaled) with a sword and board set-up, so it's definitely doable.

Less clear how doable it is dual wielding, though... 

Enchants on the Sword :

Zone enchant :

- The zone also sicken the ennemies

or

- The zone reduce the ennemies deflection

Passive enchant : (I find those 2 kind of really weak, especially the bonus on kills)

-Each kill gives 2% more damages on crit (to a max of 10%)

or

-For each downed ally you get 5% more crit damages (up to a max of 20%)

Enchants on the Axe :

Blood enchant :

-Ennemies at 50 hps or under are killed instantly by the zone

or

-Zone damages increased from 25 to 33%

Frenzy enchant :

-No more deflection malus during Frenzy

or

-1% chance to enter frenzy on damage received (who would take that lol ?)

They have interesting mechanics but some enchants feels really low on numbers

Edited by Veolfen
  • Like 1

Thanks for that. Yeah too bad the sword seems weak, it looks beautiful.

Well i don't think the sword is that weak. Not extremely exciting, but not bad either, especially on a class that can crit a lot.

It gives 10% crit damages bonus, combined with the cone on crit, it could be a solution to give aoe damages to a fighter for example. The reduced deflection could be interesting too, but it doesn't say for how long their deflection is reduced tho)

But yeah, it lacks a bit of an exciting factor there, but most of the 2 handers weren't really exciting on the enchant part anyway (sadly :/)

The axe looks very good tho, but you need 25 power to be able to unlock the AOE damages on crit.

Edited by Veolfen

I did the Neriscyrlas fight (solo, PotD, upscaled) with a sword and board set-up, so it's definitely doable.

I even made a youtube video of my marauder doing it. But with that damage nerf, i don't think it is possible anymore, because of the lack of ressources.

Which class did you have?

-For each downed ally you get 5% more crit damages (up to a max of 20%)

I bet this works with summons again - as it does with Divine Retribution and the Woedica Necklace (I can't memorize tha name dammit). Good times for Berseker/Beckoner or a single class Paladin with a Beckoner friend :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I even made a youtube video of my marauder doing it. But with that damage nerf, i don't think it is possible anymore, because of the lack of ressources.

Which class did you have?

Regarding the viability of doing the fight dual wielding: Yeah, I should have been clearer. I meant "it's less clear how doable it is dual wielding [now that this nerf has been imposed]". I saw from your other thread that you beat her on 2.0 dual wielding (which I found pretty impressive; in my experience sword-and-board is much easier for solo PotD).

I did the fight with a Goldpact Paladin/Streetfighter, using the Animancer's Energy Blade and Bronlar's Phalanx. (Using this build, but with some corrode armor boosting items subbed in for this fight.)