v2.1 gave some pretty nifty items so I figured we are going to discuss about them anways. Did some very basic testing.

Amra (Unique Battleaxe)

1_1.jpg

Upgrade Paths

Riven Gore: If the wielder's Might is 25 or above, Critical Hits with this weapon case 25% of base weapon damage in an area around the wielder (Enemies under 50 Health are killed instantly)

Waton Gore: If the wielder's Might is 25 or above, Critical Hits with this weapon case 33% of base weapon damage in an area around the wielder

Tempered Fury: 25% Chance on scoring a kill with this weapon to Frenzy the wielder (Without a Deflection penalty)

Unstable Temper: 1% Chance on receiving damage to Frenzy the wielder

• Seems like Obs really is going for Two Handing batteaxes which are generically One handers
  • Frenzy proc and the AoE gives other characters a pseudo Barabarian feel
  • The AoE attack seems weird. I tried on a Pally/Rogue multclass and it seems to work, but I can't seem get the AoE to proc on a Monk (tried to see interaction with Stunning Surge)
  • The AoE is slash type which is different from Carnage which is Raw (I think)
  • When it did work, I noticed that the primary target get damaged twice. From the primary attack and the AoE dmg. This double dipping seems unintentional
Shroud of Phantasm (Cape)

2_1.jpg

• Found in Bekarna's Observatory (hidden object as a pile of books at the intersection, need 16 PER)
  • Another source of the powerful Brilliance Inspiration (1% on dmg trigger though...)
  • Strong for a frontliner tank, or a class with self damage
  • Also suited for a Spellcaster. A Wizard can potentially use DAoM to trigger Brilliance through self dmg
Harmony (Ring)

3_1.jpg

3_2.jpg

• Good for a tank I guess? Can add +2 RES under the stated conditions
Karaboru (Greatsword)

4_1.jpg

Upgrade Paths

Bloody Mess: Cirical Hits with this weapon have a 33% chance to launch a Cone AoE towards the target (AoE now Sickens enemies)

Bloody Measure: Critical Hits with this weapon have a 33% chance to launch a Cone AoE towards the target (AoE now also lowers enemy Deflection)

Wolf's Ferocity: Kills with this weapon grant 2% Critical Hit damage (Stacks 10 times)

Wolf's Tenacity: Each time an ally is downed, this weapon grants 5% Critical Hit damage (Stacks 4 times)

• Doesn't seem exciting. A 33% Cone AoE proc on Crit seems ok-ish
Outworn Buckler (Small Shield)

5_1.jpg

Upgrade Paths

Beacon of Inspiration: 3% Chance when receiving damage to grant Steadfast to nearby allies

Symbol of Courage: 1% Chance when receiving damage to grant Steadfast, Resolute, or Courageous to nearby allies

Timeless Flame: Grants Timeless Flame (-3% Hostile effect duration, -6% Hostile Duration, +1 Burn Armour Rating, +2 Burn Armour Rating) (Increase effect on Darcozzi)

Timeless Perseverence: Grants Timeless Flame (-5% Hostile effect duration, -10% Hostile Duration) (Increase effect on Darcozzi)

• Pretty modest effects when compared with its PoE1 version
  • AoE hostile effects reduction and Fire AR seems ok. Nothing spectacuar
  • A 1% trigger on dmg effect (Doesn't seem exciting, but I guess works with SI?)
The Mung Bean's Mouth Organ (Neck)

6_1.jpg

6_2.jpg

• Nothing much to say... good for a Naplazca I guess
Cog of Cohh (Neck)

10_1.jpg

10_2.jpg

• A neck accessory that was not covered within the patch notes
  • Can be found in the same room as the Giant Grub in the Old City Ruins with a PER Check of 15 (hidden in the western part of the room)
  • Based on description it is probably to give martial classes some needed oomph
  • Not a bad accessory, especially if there's no good way to apply Aware on self within a given party
  • Might not be mind blowing, but it is still is one of those "on kill" effects. So it works with killing of own summons (tested)
Magran's Blessing (Medium Shield)

7_1.jpg

7_2.jpg

Upgrade Paths

Greater Fire Shield: Grants Greater Fire Shield (1 per Encounter; Attackers: 10 - 14 Fire Dmg | Accuracy vs Reflex; Self: +10 Freeze Armor Rating, Burn Damage retalitaion Attack when Hit in melee for 30.0 sec)

Purifying Fire Shield: Grants Purifying Fire Shield (1 per Encounter; Attackers: 6 - 10 Fire Dmg, -3 sec Duration of beneficial effects | Accuracy vs Reflex; Self: +5 Freeze Armor Rating, Burn Damage retalitaion Attack when Hit in melee for 30.0 sec)

Burning Striker: +10% Damage dealt as Burn

Righteous Bash: 20% chance to interrupt with attacks from Magran's Blessing on Hit

• A medium shield that was not covered within the patch notes (highlighted by Eraflure)
  • Found in a weapon stand by the central torch at Temple of Magran in Sacred Stairs
  • Bashing Shield
  • No Transcedence Suffering bonus unlike Tuotilo's Palm
  • Fire Shield will trigger automatically on combat start
  • Stacks with Flame Shield (separate dmg instances. +15 Cold AR)
  • Fire Shield will disappear on weapon swap. So no shenanigans here
Zahndethus’s Dragon Sealed Grimoire (Grimoire)

8_1.jpg

8_2.jpg

Jernaugh’s Careful Calamities (Grimoire)

9_1.jpg

9_2.jpg

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 8

• Full Attacks made while dual wielding will now receive a -35% penalty to the damage they deal.

You guys asked for it and got it.

Er, maybe the wrong thread, but I just finished reading the patch notes and for some reason had to post here. Not everybody visits the beta forums.

Anyways. I'm more interested in the spellybooks, since I'm a Wizard enthusiast. I hope the unique spells are Ninagauth-tier, not "the rest"-tier. 

Any chance for screenshots of the new equips though? I haven't seen anything, but the axe sure looks interesting.

Feel free to discuss. I originally wanted to do a write-up of the new items, but we definitely can talk about the nerfs and buffs.

And yes nerfs to Full Attack. I just continuing my playthrough with Ydwin. Chose Finishing Blow on her and I tried it with the nerf. At level 9 and un-upgraded Finishing Blow, the dmg is significantly lower. I almost don't even feel the difference from attacking normally hahaha

Can't seem to change the Title to reflect the expansion on the discussion though... oh well...

Edited by mosspit

Monk - "Blade Turning only affects hostile spells and does not negate abilities like Greater Lay on Hands."

Look at that low key super buff. Lol I wonder if it's just weird wording on their part.

The dualwield blanket nerf is about as lazy as deciding to put more armor on everything. It would have been better if they buffed primary attacks and converted some abilities to primary or added a specific malus to certain full attack abilities.

Edited by Metaturtle
  • Like 1

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

in this case nerf to dual wield full attacks is just a lazy solution. -15% fine but -35% is stupid.

what they should have done is dual wielding = -5 accuracy or something.

or better yet full attacks with two handed weapon = +15% damage and don't touch dual wielding. 

this is like a nuke nerf which penalizes rogue and paladin. 

The cape with 1% brilliant on the other hand makes a class like wizard or barbarian even more powerful than it already is. 

• Like 1

in this case nerf to dual wield full attacks is just a lazy solution. -15% fine but -35% is stupid.

what they should have done is dual wielding = -5 accuracy or something.

or better yet full attacks with two handed weapon = +15% damage and don't touch dual wielding. 

this is like a nuke nerf which penalizes rogue and paladin. 

The cape with 1% brilliant on the other hand makes a class like wizard or barbarian even more powerful than it already is.

It is too drastic. But there is chance of reducing the impact before public release (they lessen the impact for Rooting Pain's 25% to become 33% during public release).

Beta usually will overtune things. It is as though to justify the efforts to even look at them in the first place

Amra work same as carnage but with slash damage - i.e no ability transfering, usable by Devoted/Berserker - with their Hit -> Crit conversions 
Shroud of Phantasm - Cloak ability summon 4x player copy (with gear and spells) but with low health, very fun ability that can be used for example by Barbarian/Devoted to eliminate group of enemies (4x carnage for 25sec :D) or by Streetfighter/x to destroy bosses or by caster to free random spell
OBS added cool new buff to wizards that give +15% slash, +15% fire lashes and Terrify anyone who attack you in melee with (4.5 cast and 4.5 recovery) :D

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Feel free to discuss. I originally wanted to do a write-up of the new items, but we definitely can talk about the nerfs and buffs.

And yes nerfs to Full Attack. I just continuing my playthrough with Ydwin. Chose Finishing Blow on her and I tried it with the nerf. At level 9 and un-upgraded Finishing Blow, the dmg is significantly lower. I almost don't even feel the difference from attacking normally hahaha

Can't seem to change the Title to reflect the expansion on the discussion though... oh well...

@mosspit does damage reduction multiplicative (or at least work same as armor reduction) ?

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

This is not in patch notes but OBS also fixed Monk summon skills, now your copies have Fire/Cold weapon and 108 acc, which allow Nalpazca subclass play as truncated Chanter

Edited by mant2si

This is not in patch notes but OBS also fixed Monk summon skills, now your copies have Fire/Cold weapon and 108 acc, which allow Nalpazca subclass play as truncated Chanter

The copies in the current version also have weapons as if they have a version of the weapon summoning necklace equipped. Kind of interesting since the uniques still have their effects and you can check what weapon they are wielding by looking at the hit rolls in the log. Still kind of weird though since active skills sometimes pop up for them and sometimes it doesn't. Edited by Metaturtle

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

Subbing thread.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

-35% damage is equal to around 55% damage reduction based on the formula. But I'm totally fine with the changes, dual wielding full attack is way too strong than other weapons style, so this is a good trend of balance.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 2

Thanks!

Meh - Nalpasca already gets +10 and more if he invests in Alchemy (which I always do). So not really great for a Nalpasca. Soul Void seems to be much better.

It's potentially good for solo though because you can take drugs out of combat: Put on that thing, take drug, take it off and put on your "real" necklace and start the fight...? Like Sould Void basically can do with resting.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks!

Meh - Nalpasca already gets +10 and more if he invests in Alchemy (which I always do). So not really great for a Nalpasca. Soul Void seems to be much better.

It's potentially good for solo though because you can take drugs out of combat: Put on that thing, take drug, take it off and put on your "real" necklace and start the fight...? Like Sould Void basically can do with resting.

I'd say the Mouth Organ is actually better than Soul Void though, because what mant2si haven't told you is that it also gives increased Drug duration for the rest of your party.

That means it's most useful if you make your whole party druggies for an entire playthrough. Better than Soul Void, which just gives a Whiteleaf effect after resting, and with a base duration unaffected by Alchemy at that; might as well be useless after that effect runs out.

@mosspit does damage reduction multiplicative (or at least work same as armor reduction) ?

Seems like it is additive (ergo not that bad) I would imagine the effects of this is a much weaker start. Later levels will have more bonuses rolling in so the effects will be less pronounced.

dw.jpg