Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

v2.1.0 is now available on the Beta Branch

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 588 posts
All and all, there is a much space for UI improvements - and i hope devs take it.
  • JFutral likes this

Dr <3

Dr <3

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1044 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

While we’re at it, I *hate* how the pop up with my character’s active effects goes completely offscreen the moment effects start piling up. I’m referring to the one that shows when you hover your cursor on the effects’ icons next to your character’s portrait.

Yes, when you start to have too many good effects you are not able to see the bad one anymore, sometime i have to go to char screen to read the list
  • AndreaColombo and whimper like this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I understand running out of space: In the second half of the game, effects can really start to pile up. What I don't get is why the *entire* pop up must disappear out of the screen. Can't it display across my screen top to bottom, and just the cut beyond the bottom of the screen if it's longer? Right now, if many effects are present, the top of the pop up appears below my character's portrait and literally everything is cut.

• dukeisaac likes this

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 588 posts

I understand running out of space: In the second half of the game, effects can really start to pile up. What I don't get is why the *entire* pop up must disappear out of the screen. Can't it display across my screen top to bottom, and just the cut beyond the bottom of the screen if it's longer? Right now, if many effects are present, the top of the pop up appears below my character's portrait and literally everything is cut.

Make a screen. Maybe devs, finally, take care?

whimper

whimper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

While we’re at it, I *hate* how the pop up with my character’s active effects goes completely offscreen the moment effects start piling up. I’m referring to the one that shows when you hover your cursor on the effects’ icons next to your character’s portrait.

Especially since it’s often the duration of the negative effects you wanna to see, and those are the ones that show up at the bottom, and so are pushed off the screen...

Which is to say, it’d be great if these were made smaller, so you could see them all at once!
  • InsaneCommander, dukeisaac and peko like this

Harlcore

Harlcore

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

any plans on this crash https://forums.obsid...-screen-freeze/ ?

I'm stuck with it for too long.. and i'm tired of waiting. I want to finish BoW :bow:

dukeisaac

dukeisaac

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I've been having that problem since POE1. It's pretty annoying, especially when I'm trying to figure out which afflictions are affecting my characters.

David Benefield

David Benefield

Producer

• Developers+
  • 74 posts

Hello all, another small update for the beta coming in, please see the changes below:

Beta Patch notes for v2.1.0.0034

• Fixed partially overridden game data objects getting unloaded with every other bundle reload (affected modded stringtables).
  • Skullcrusher Weapon now only injures 'Uninjured' targets.
  • Loading screen is now displayed correctly upon finishing naval boarding.

• dunehunter, InsaneCommander, Ethics Gradient and 1 other like this

PureInsanity

PureInsanity

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Crafting button below stash linked to weapon upgrade enchanting? intended?

To craft i need to click craft icon next to AI character

I noticed this as well. Clicking on the "Crafting" button takes you to the new Enchanting screen instead of to the Crafting screen. This is confusing. I had to use hotkeys to craft food & potions. I'd recommend changing the button behavior back and adding a second button to the inventory UI for Enchanting.

SonyXP

SonyXP

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Hey there :)

I came across multiple "missing string" occasions since latest beta branch patch (starting with 2.1.0.0021) - all of which are only happening with pets' names so far.

Then I stumbled on this one today, cloak that I found: 

Item Caption / Name:

"Missing string 5592"

Additional Effects:

"Missing string 1714: Grants "Missing string 4906"

"Missing string 1715: Grants "Missing string 667"

"Missing string 1716: Grants "Missing string 4909"

On top of that, I noticed huge "lags" with 2.1.0.0023 that has just been applied. Lags as in "every action I do is delayed by about 5 seconds before the game performs it".

I have to admit I am using mods - deactivated all of them (it's only 2 in total), no differnce either. Those mods have worked with 2.1.0.0021 flawlessly, which is no guarantee ofc. I will keep my eyes open for updated mods, aswell as a hotfix you guys might apply ;)

Thank you SonyXP. Have you tried verifying your game files? It surprises me that those strings would suddenly be missing. We are working on a mod related bug that may also be the culprit to the mod bug you mentioned.

I could track down the culprit of my issues.

Seems like it was indeed a mod causing those issues starting with patch 2.1.0.0023 (worked with 2.1.0.0021 tho).

It is the following mod, which adresses some false german translations but is necessary for another very popular mod called "Enhanced User Interface":

https://www.nexusmod...ternity2/mods/5

As soon as I change the game's language to english, all strings are loaded correctly. So it seems, the aforementioned and linked mod interfers a bit too much within the language files and breaks something in conjunction with your latest patch branch.

Maybe this information is useful for others (german speakers) using the same mod constellation and patch level :)

• Spherical likes this

Aurelio

Aurelio

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 480 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hey there :)

I came across multiple "missing string" occasions since latest beta branch patch (starting with 2.1.0.0021) - all of which are only happening with pets' names so far.

Then I stumbled on this one today, cloak that I found: 

Item Caption / Name:

"Missing string 5592"

Additional Effects:

"Missing string 1714: Grants "Missing string 4906"

"Missing string 1715: Grants "Missing string 667"

"Missing string 1716: Grants "Missing string 4909"

On top of that, I noticed huge "lags" with 2.1.0.0023 that has just been applied. Lags as in "every action I do is delayed by about 5 seconds before the game performs it".

I have to admit I am using mods - deactivated all of them (it's only 2 in total), no differnce either. Those mods have worked with 2.1.0.0021 flawlessly, which is no guarantee ofc. I will keep my eyes open for updated mods, aswell as a hotfix you guys might apply ;)

Thank you SonyXP. Have you tried verifying your game files? It surprises me that those strings would suddenly be missing. We are working on a mod related bug that may also be the culprit to the mod bug you mentioned.

I could track down the culprit of my issues.

Seems like it was indeed a mod causing those issues starting with patch 2.1.0.0023 (worked with 2.1.0.0021 tho).

It is the following mod, which adresses some false german translations but is necessary for another very popular mod called "Enhanced User Interface":

https://www.nexusmod...ternity2/mods/5

As soon as I change the game's language to english, all strings are loaded correctly. So it seems, the aforementioned and linked mod interfers a bit too much within the language files and breaks something in conjunction with your latest patch branch.

Maybe this information is useful for others (german speakers) using the same mod constellation and patch level :)

You could try the version from https://github.com/A...-2-german-patch should be work better, but the german mod is not yet 100% compatible with the 2.1.0 version

• SonyXP likes this

SonyXP

SonyXP

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Cheers!

That indeed solved all missing string problems I found so far. Should keep an eye on GitHub more often for development branches :)

PureInsanity

PureInsanity

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I got a "Missing String 5350" on my game today using the latest beta build. I believe the item is supposed to be White Ynefer. I am not using any mods, and I've attached a screenshot below.

Attached File  20180908082848_1.jpg   121.74KB   0 downloads

nostalchic

nostalchic

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Have companion relationship triggers changed? If not, it appears as though companion relationships are bugged.

More specifically my PCs no longer get's hit on automatically by either Tekehu or Maia Rua upon reaching level 1 or 2 - including Maia acknowledging any other relationships. I can however follow the Aloth track (oddly even if I just state we were just friends in his initial friendship talk). I'm not sure if the game is locking my PC into the Aloth track automatically, or the initial dialogues for others aren't firing for some reason.

I noticed when I was testing my Aloth disposition mod, but it still occurs on a clean new playthrough.

L4wlight

L4wlight

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Have companion relationship triggers changed? If not, it appears as though companion relationships are bugged.

More specifically my PCs no longer get's hit on automatically by either Tekehu or Maia Rua upon reaching level 1 or 2 - including Maia acknowledging any other relationships. I can however follow the Aloth track (oddly even if I just state we were just friends in his initial friendship talk). I'm not sure if the game is locking my PC into the Aloth track automatically, or the initial dialogues for others aren't firing for some reason.

I noticed when I was testing my Aloth disposition mod, but it still occurs on a clean new playthrough.

I have the same Problem.

1TTFFSSE

1TTFFSSE

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 527 posts

I hope there is a plan to add elemental keywords to abilities on chanter (several ice/fire invocations) and barbarian (spirit frenzy-frost) as well as some weapons that do elemental damage like frostfall and essence interrupter.  

• AndreaColombo likes this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

^ Doesn't Essence Interrupter have the keyword already?

But I agree that there are spells, abilities, and weapons that are still missing keywords. Hope they get around to adding all of them eventually.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2076 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yes, when you start to have too many good effects you are not able to see the bad one anymore, sometime i have to go to char screen to read the list

I'll just pretend that I knew this before reading here. :facepalm: :banghead:

matadeen

matadeen

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I think 2.1 broke Neriscyrlas' Lair.

I'm experiencing a glitch where both dragon and party are not walking on the level floor but rather wading waist deep in it!

It was okay before I applied the patch. I remember loading it a dozen times without any issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users