I'm surprised Paul Kirsch's short stories haven't been discussed at all yet.

I haven't time to read them myself, but I did go through the CYOA-style short story about The Messenger, which I thought was entertaining and well written. It also had this little tidbit hidden within:

ocWwceQ.jpg

So, those empty alcoves in Ukaizo ... there were three of them, right?

What about everybody else? Have you read the short stories? What did you think of them?

For those unaware, they can be found here: http://eternity.obsidian.net/media

(scroll all the way down)

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Iirc the Guardian mentions there being three dragons that were at Ukaizo. The Engwithans convinced them to get turned into robots or something, and I forget if Neriscyrlas was one of them or knew of them.

Anyway the three stories are pretty cool, definitely well worth a look

• Like 2

I'm surprised Paul Kirsch's short stories haven't been discussed at all yet.

I haven't time to read them myself, but I did go through the CYOA-style short story about The Messenger, which I thought was entertaining and well written. It also had this little tidbit hidden within:

ocWwceQ.jpg

So, those empty alcoves in Ukaizo ... there were three of them, right?

What about everybody else? Have you read the short stories? What did you think of them?

For those unaware, they can be found here: http://eternity.obsidian.net/media

(scroll all the way down)

the Three could also refer to the three dragons who protected Ukaizo, who later became the Guardian of Ukaizo. As they vanished alongside the city, it seems plausible.

• Like 1

I think, the Three are the Guardian of Ukaizo -  Dūmu the Eldest, Tapua the Wise and Tokima the Recaller. Neriscyrlas knew of them.

Iirc the Guardian mentions there being three dragons that were at Ukaizo. The Engwithans convinced them to get turned into robots or something, and I forget if Neriscyrlas was one of them or knew of them.

Anyway the three stories are pretty cool, definitely well worth a look

The Three are the dragons who became the Guardian of Ukaizo. 

But I am curious about the empty alcoves. One is Abydon, of course, but who are the other two? I am guessing one of them is probably Rymrgand, because it seems like he physically appears in the Land sometimes, but who (and where) is the last one? 

• Like 1