Magrans Fire's Idea, and complaint.

So I beat all the challenges at the same time.. Now what? I'm not here to boast, but seriously? Now what? Not even an achievement for beating them, except for a check saying you completed it? What makes me want to play the challenges again? Nothing really, if you ask me. As I said in another post, pointless.

If obsidian wants to be so exclusive with its magran fires menu (which makes no sense having a random second menu) They should add specials blessings for each challenge.

They should redo the Blessing system, and game options...

My Idea,

1. Make the start menu for the new game 1 menu only (Gives players the ability to play what they want c mods too)

2a. Rework Current Blessings, name it something else. E.G Veterans Experience - Since its earned by you playing the game, and earning achievements

2b. Add a new Blessing system, E.G Blessings of the God's unlocked by beating challenges from beating each specific God Challenge. ( Might as well make this a secret menu since beating the challenges is exclusive.) - Atleast let these be used for challenges.

My Experience with POE 2

I've done a lot of trial and errors to beat these combined challenges, and to be honest? The only thing that kills me is the bugs in the game, where your moves don't work properly, or my character won't path correctly because a village NPC is walking (while in combat)

Honestly I bought the game thinking it was complete. I was so hyped, after being a fan of part 1. Although I like the story, the bugs are aggravating, theres a lot of FPS issues, and so on. For a offline game worth 75 USD, this is pretty disappointing. It really feels like im just playing a beta. You would think they would put more effort, and love in there product before releasing it to the public.. They honestly should have took there time making sure the game was stable before releasing it. 

The DLC.. Pretty much just a extra quest, was it cool? It was okay, don't want to spoil anything, but they don't affect the story after I did a few evil things. Veerrryyyyy short.

The soulbound items... why is there only one that talks? I was impressed with the first one i found, the rest were just boring grind quests, did they run out of budget/ideas to add a  few lines from the assorted recycled voices?

Removing castle mechanics for boats. Why? Whyyy??? Why not have both? Honestly it was cool to have a ship, but think about it for a second... You only need to upgrade it one time.... why have different boats for options? I would rather they keep the castle mechanic, than the boats. Why can't the watcher rebuild his own castle, or a new one? A new base maybe? I rather have a castle with dungeons, than a boat with lame ship battles where the enemies run away because you have a better ship..

In summary, this game doesn't feel like it was ready to be public. Just my opinion. Hate it or Love it, Thats just how i see the game

@op

U should have played the game when it was first released. It was honestly the most hostile time I have ever seen these forums. These was alot of agro everywhere from the bugs and balancing problems

In regards to the game not ready for release look at it this way. By releasing the game as early as possible and fixing it with patches say over 12 months they probably have saved millions of dollars by not having to do internal testing and they also have money starting to flow in quicker. If they didn’t do this the game would be probably 20% smaller and not have as many features.

It’s all about money my man and this is apparently the way of the future .

Games get released in beta

Edited by Teclis23

U should have played the game when it was first released. It was honestly the most hostile time I have ever seen these forums

How would you know? I mean since you joined on July 28th 2018... ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

it's been this way for a good 20 years at this point, ever since PC game developers could rely on most players having an internet connection. Consoles held out for as long as they could, but online play meant they were doomed as well in the end
  • Like 1

The game lacks challenge? What about this:

1. Skip Chanters

2. Play Naked (even no consumables)

3. Install Deadly Deadfire Hardcore Mod

4. You are going to play solo only for sure

Add this on top of Beraths + Magrans Challenge. How?

Just take a simple tweak in global.gamedatabundle, FWIW.

Change "DisableMods": true,

to  "DisableMods": false,

in line 135.

Enjoy! :devil:

Edited by Harpagornis

@op

U should have played the game when it was first released. It was honestly the most hostile time I have ever seen these forums. These was alot of agro everywhere from the bugs and balancing problems

In regards to the game not ready for release look at it this way. By releasing the game as early as possible and fixing it with patches say over 12 months they probably have saved millions of dollars by not having to do internal testing and they also have money starting to flow in quicker. If they didn’t do this the game would be probably 20% smaller and not have as many features.

Yeah but this is a offline game, thats pretty odd. I understand MMORPG's but an offline game is different. It's like buying the latest God of War, and then finding out theres a glitch where the last boss doesn't apear and you just beat the game, where you have to wait every month for a bug update. and then some random QQer thinks somethings is too OP, so they remove content from the game.

The game lacks challenge? What about this:

1. Skip Chanters

2. Play Naked (even no consumables)

3. Install Deadly Deadfire Hardcore Mod

4. You are going to play solo only for sure

Add this on top of Beraths + Magrans Challenge. How?

Just take a simple tweak in global.gamedatabundle, FWIW.

Change "DisableMods": true,

to  "DisableMods": false,

in line 135.

Enjoy! :devil:

Chanter's aren't OP, theres just a lot of removing, and dulling down of a lot of classes that i found out that they were doing because of the QQer's saying certain combos were tooo OP (OMG JUST DON'T USE IT IF YOU WANT A CHALLENGE!!), these people make it seem like the game is forcing you to play things. Besides, chanters can get screwed over really easily if they get skill cancelled by an enemy, or the enemy (usually rogue) dashes on you and 1 shots you.

Now the current state is that, only few classes are viable in POTD, and there is a "must" have subclass combination. If you ask me  anything combined with a rogue/pally can beat the game easily due to there infinite DoT skills. All you have to do is place it, hide in the corner and you can beat any mobs, and even any boss that would be impossible to beat in solo, and scream FLAAWWWWLESSSSSSSS VICTORRYYYYYYY.

But don't you think thats sad? It's so bad that the players are finding a way to break the game files to make it more fun/  play it in there own liking? Lol - should just be there as an option already. 

Edited by Elizer

Soulbound weapons don't usually talk and levelling them has been a grind since PoE1. Modwyr is an exception as explained through her backstory - multiple talking weapons just floating around the Deadfire would both diminish the novelty and kind of stress the lore a bit. 

As for the beta state, yeah it's kind of frustrating. But it's not (and should not be) surprising these days given the scope of the game and the size of the developer.

Soulbound weapons don't usually talk and levelling them has been a grind since PoE1. Modwyr is an exception as explained through her backstory - multiple talking weapons just floating around the Deadfire would both diminish the novelty and kind of stress the lore a bit. 

As for the beta state, yeah it's kind of frustrating. But it's not (and should not be) surprising these days given the scope of the game and the size of the developer.

I feel Modwyr was the best thing that happened to soulbound items. Not all of them have to be about lore, but it would be cool if they had there own personality since it's a "soul"bound item living weapons. I wouldnt mind having a blood thirsty pistol screaming "PEW PEW PEW DIEEEEEEEE!!!!". I really like her sadistic erotic audios when im murdering things. That laugh tho.

Yeh maybe it's true PoE 1 had no talking weapons, but thats part 1, ofcourse tech and the kind of resources they have now werent as available. When i got my second soulbound, i was hoping for another cool story... just to find its just another boring normal weapon. I feel like this could have been a new thing. As I said earlier not all of it has to show some lore in the story, they can just have a small side quest with story.

Edit: Besides, there arent even that many soulbound items to begin with.

Edited by Elizer

I agree that the endless DoT´s are opening up a very cheesy path. But as you said yourself @Elizer: At the end of the day its up to the player. Create individual challenges and - not to forget - have fun playing your own unique adventure! If its no fun anymore: There are so many other great games out there - no? ;)

Have you ever tried a Solo+LoB+SCS No-Reload-Run (with restricted items) through the whole BG-Saga? Very funny! :biggrin:

Harpagornis

That's true, the more you remove the more you restrict players, the more restricts you add, the less fun it gets. Only thing now is if you're playing a solo run in the trial of iron. You have no choice but to pick whats left, because a lot of other combinations been nerfed, and completely destroyed based on my research, and trial and errors.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to play BG, I was more into MMORPG's back in the day(WoW), I got introduced to PoE 1 when I moved from the U.S to the PH for college, by my friend. Since Internet in a third world country is terrifyingly slow. Maybe ill try it when i go back in a month since i just finished my degree. Got to see where all the hype is coming from

Edited by Elizer

So I beat all the challenges at the same time.. Now what? I'm not here to boast, but seriously? Now what? Not even an achievement for beating them, except for a check saying you completed it? What makes me want to play the challenges again? Nothing really, if you ask me. As I said in another post, pointless.

Make a Let's Play on Youtube your favourite video-sharing website so the world can see how pro you are. Experience will differ since you'll be talking about what you're doing.

Vancian =/= per rest.

@hilfazer

Sorry not interested in having people watching me play, I'm not much of an entertainer/people pleaser. Besides at my current situation, I would rather not spend money to show maybe a dozen people (in your claim the world) I have skills. Net and Net speed is pretty expensive and slow where im currently at. I'm not gonna upload something that would take a few years, and a couple of my bucks to upload when i could be watching videos, or even buying food Lol.

But if you want a few tips on how to get a good head start in the game, I don't mind throwing a few at you. Or questions on how i beat certain things go ahead.

Edited by Elizer

But if you want a few tips on how to get a good head start in the game, I don't mind throwing a few at you. Or questions on how i beat certain things go ahead.

Thanks for you offer but i'm fine with not knowing things about games i play and discovering them myself. This is a part of what i pay for.

I didn't actually buy Deadfire, for many reasons, but i might do it in the future.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Thanks for you offer but i'm fine with not knowing things about games i play and discovering them myself. This is a part of what i pay for.

I didn't actually buy Deadfire, for many reasons, but i might do it in the future.

Same here man, well its fun when you are still figuring out things. But you soon realize you bought a incomplete sandwich where theres a good chance for the chef to come out the kitchen and take things out of it, and ofcourse put things in it hence the DLC.

You may have your lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onions, and patty, and the buns, but you start to find that the patty was barely cooked (bugs), then some other random (elitist) customer cries that his burger is toooooo good and that they demand that there burger, and everyone elses should be balanced to there likings where its not too good and not too bad, so the chef walks out the kitchen to everyones table and takes the lettuce/ tomatoes off.

Right now, your not getting the full experience, because the game just isnt complete, its not solid yet. They are still adding things to it, and fixing it. It currently just has a foundation to build upon. 

Edited by Elizer