Anyone else finding the companion banter quite cheesy?

From my experience companion banter is almost always this way. In games like Baldur's Gate a man spends a good deal of time talking about how great his hamster is because he's so diminished from repeated blows to the head. There's no deep humanistic insight there just some poor guy who has brain damage. Misnc is awesome but to say he's never cheesy is a downright lie.

And from my experience, there are always people who see companions banters that way - no matter what game, what companion and what situation. There is not a single companion out there that would not be accused by someone in cheesiness, bad writing and overall terrible concept.

So, sure, OP, there are others who think just like you. And there are also those who do not think that.

• Like 3

Overall, I really like it, I think it's a big improvement and a step forward from the limited companion banter of POE1.  There's no absolute method to this that will please every single player, there are 10s of 1000s of us and we all have slightly (or sometimes greatly) different perceptions on what we'd like to hear from companions, and the frequency.

I think the increased banter between companions, whether "cheesy" or not, is often times funny, sometimes insightful, and helps flesh out the personality of a given character.  It's one of the main reasons I play party based rpgs. 

• Like 2