What Weapons Do We Still Have A Dearth Of?

Halberds, Maces, Arbalests & Crossbows too.

More hammers wouldn't hurt too (could be cool if they added a 2 handed warhammer like they did for battle axes with last dlc)

You kind of listed everything else.

Also it could be cool to get a 2H sword with powerful enchants

Edited by Veolfen
  • Like 4

dunehunter would agree (and I would too) ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm still hoping for a whip or a cat o'nine tails (mechanically a flail) and finally some "unarmed" weapons like Brass Knuckles or Pitfighter Gloves (that prevent you to grab a weapon properly so they are not for the gloves slot but the weapon slot). We have those Hylean gloves now which are cool - but they are not doing anything special for unarmed combat.

• Like 6

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

dunehunter would agree ;)

:D

Well at best 2H swords have "decent" enchants 

*Removed the list of enchanted swords by Myself*

Let's not forget we're in the no spoiler section !

I'm still hoping for a whip or a cat o'nine tails (mechanically a flail) and finally some "unarmed" weapons like Brass Knuckles or Pitfighter Gloves (that prevent you to grab a weapon properly so they are not for the gloves slot but the weapon slot). We have those Hylean gloves now which are cool - but they are not doing anything special for unarmed combat.  

Yeah unarmed weapons could be cool, even tho i'm not much into those kind of weaps, i had fun times using ceastus in Dark Souls :p

I thought it be cool to have an "offhand glove" that could go with a 1 handed weapon, so you can mix sword slashes with punches :D

Edited by Veolfen
  • Like 1

What about a blue flaming great sword that deals Burn/Freeze and has mutually exclusive enchantment paths that focus on those two damage types respectively? You could have a Freeze burst that does extra Freeze damage in an AoE on Crit, or a single-target paralyze effect on Crit where the target's frozen for a few seconds (would be especially kewl with a frozen VFX on the paralyzed target); the Burn side could bring back the Firebug proc we had on the Unlabored Blade in PoE (obviously the unnerfed version :p) or something like that.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What about a blue flaming great sword that deals Burn/Freeze and has mutually exclusive enchantment paths that focus on those two damage types respectively? You could have a Freeze burst that does extra Freeze damage in an AoE on Crit, or a single-target paralyze effect on Crit where the target's frozen for a few seconds (would be especially kewl with a frozen VFX on the paralyzed target); the Burn side could bring back the Firebug proc we had on the Unlabored Blade in PoE (obviously the unnerfed version :p) or something like that.

They did the double element on the flail Sun&Moon tho. 

But yeah something like this could be cool !

This + a slight buff to 2h weapons and the lady of pain will be really back !

Edited by Veolfen
  • Like 1

And are hoping will be added in the next 2 DLCs?

:)

I would like if there was:

- some dagger with a slight or conditional bonus to overall accuracy.

- one more club, with defensive properties and 1 onCrit (but relatively reliable) cc effect.

- perhaps an arbalest or crossbow that fires two bolts at the same time. Not one after another; but simultaneously.

- there is only 1 wand atm, no? If so, there is a need for 1 more, in case someone wants to dual-wield wands.

- 1 more battle axe, with which we could build around battle axe proficiency

- and finally 2 more hunting bows. One with longer recovery but hard hitting. And another one for steady dps.

Edit: and also 1-2 small shields for casters)

Edited by MaxQuest

sabres - check

half swords - check

warhammers - kinda check

greatswords - we need 2 more quality ones the ones in the game so far are meh

estocs - there are several very good ones I would love one more with a citzal's spirit lance effect but in an estoc

Battle axes - need 1-2 more cool ones with elemental damage

clubs- would be cool to get a "throwing club" unique

morning star - need 1 that offers a spin to win move

mace - would love a mace that offers elemental bonuses kind of like the chromo quarterstaff now but a mace

flails- make an animancer whip type flail please people would love it

hunting bows - make one that fires two shots at once (just kidding-that would be op but still a nice idea)

war bows - you really need to make a unique war bow that gives driving flight effect on shot because as is right now war bows can't compete with hunting bows

crossbows - fleetbreaker is one of the best weapons in the game but comes late I think, make another crossbow that sunders armor rating and we are good

arbalest - again, the one unique spearcaster is really strong I guess you can make another one that fires a unique powerful bolt that deals more damage but also damages the user.

pistols - check but a "melee type pistol would be nice that has limited range but is limited to a powerful point blank shot

arquebus - check

blunderbuss - check

pikes - ??? does anyone use these???

halberds - just let us upgrade Lord DV to legendary and everyone is happy. 

The pike modal is great but the unique pikes are crap  and/ or hard to obtain so the only one worth using is Citzal's Spirit Lance.

I'd say pikes, wands, and battle axes are probably the big holes in terms of available useable uniques.

Some more poleaxes would be good also; one does AOE friendly fire damage and the other is locked to three classes only.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 2

I would love more morning stars and halberds... Were pretty meh in poe1 and quite good but scarce in number in poe2.

And something specialized to hant to hand combat. Give me back my raw lash gloves from poe1! Or the awesome gautlet of crushing from good old bg2...

a spiked mace

That's already a thing. It's called a morningstar.

Sure, but one is one-handed and the other two-handed. Different weapons.

I want to see a different sort of weapon, like a pipe that smokes up the area as CC, or does spark or breath damage. Or a monocle that does ray damage of some kind.

IDK, some atypical stuff.

Joe

Personally I'd like to see Torchlight-style slottable enchantments for the mundane but high quality weapons. It's a way to let us build our own magic items.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Personally I'd like to see Torchlight-style slottable enchantments for the mundane but high quality weapons. It's a way to let us build our own magic items.

I think it's too easy to enchant weapons and that. Why does our character know how to do it instantly and can do it anywhere?

You should have to go out and find a scroll, maybe there's some buried treasure which has the recipe for it. Then you have to take it to some enchanter or have an arcana skill of x to do it.

OH WELL it isn't like that so who cares.

nowt

I think it's too easy to enchant weapons and that. Why does our character know how to do it instantly and can do it anywhere?

You should have to go out and find a scroll, maybe there's some buried treasure which has the recipe for it. Then you have to take it to some enchanter or have an arcana skill of x to do it.

I assume that it's because you're a watcher, so you can manipulate soul essence. [

Similar to what Adaryc does making a sword for you in White March.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

I assume that it's because you're a watcher, so you can manipulate soul essence. [

Similar to what Adaryc does making a sword for you in White March.

I guess, it just feels like a bit of a missed opportunity for exploration.

nowt