Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Class Build] Armorbreaker

swashbuckler devoted streetfighter rogue fighter build

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Lampros

Lampros

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Going devoted on a peirce only weapon and playing potd?

Um......yeah not to sure about that one. Its the most resisted weapon type.

Each for there own but i wouldnt do it. Warhamers are good for devoted

Warhammer prof gives +2 pen plus u get crush and pierce

I am using this build for my current PotD run, but I did use warhammers, like you said. PoE 1 had a ton of weapon immunes, and I am being a bit cautious. But on the same token, warhammers suffer from a lack of selection, and their base damage is very low.

Lampros

Lampros

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Estoc modal also provides +2 PEN (at -15 Deflection, which Fighters can freely tank). I never turn it off. Devoted another +2. And Estoc has the highest Penetration rating available. Base 10, 14 at Legendary. With the above bonuses at Legendary that's 18 before Crits (+50% PEN) and Crippling Strike (+2 PEN). You can also pick Penetrating Strike (+4 PEN), but it's not necessary IMO. I prefer the Mule Kick Interrupt and Accuracy bonus.
I don't know what is the highest pierce Armor Rating on an enemy. Steel Golems have 18 on PotD, so with legendary gear you penetrate their armors just using passives. Don't know if something is higher. If you play in a party, you can have your Priest buff you with Tenacious for another +2 PEN (so 20 before active abilities and Crits) in case you meet such extreme AR monsters. So far I have no issues penetrating enemies casting Woodskin or Stoneskin either.

I think the only issue is enemies who are outright Immune to Pierce damage. Advanced/Elite skeletons come to mind, maybe some Blights. Not sure if there's something else? Edit: So, Bog Lurkers. Thank you, Dorftek.
As I wrote above just switch to a blunt for those enemies - a morningstar or quarterstaff will work nicely. You'll eat the -10 Accuracy penalty, but it's not the end of the world - and it's not like you'll meet those enemies often.

Agree, only one thing tho, Pen modals don't stack with Tenacious or Potion of piercing strikes or any other active pen increase. But food works

I didn't know this, and this sucks. So I guess I've been wasting Deflection the last game unnecessarily by having both sword modal and Tenacious cast on me. Do Tenacious and potion stack with each other?

Haplok

Haplok

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 760 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

No they don't.

And in my personal opinion you're loosing out by going warhammers. Not only is their damage low, but also the selection is quite terrible.

Estocs on the other hand have awesome effects, both for single targets and for attacking in aoe. Eager Blade is a great weapon. But finally earning Engoliero de Espirs and seeing its Ghost Blades in action is incredibly rewarding.

The only other weapon category I'd consider are battleaxes (mostly Amra) - but they actually have more issues with penetration. Maybe two-handed swords, but not really.

• Lampros likes this

Haplok

Haplok

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 760 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'd say you primarily loose cool (and flashy, in case of Engoliero) weapon effects...

Edited by Haplok, 03 October 2018 - 07:12 AM.

phreax9802

phreax9802

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hi, I'm currently on my 1st playthrough with this and am loving it. Question on Level 16 - Clear Out and Refreshing Defense are both Fighter skills - I have to select either. Please advise.

Thanks!

Lampros

Lampros

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Not completely relevant but: Clear Out does friendly damage, right?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15231 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
No. Foe only.
  • Lampros likes this

whimper

whimper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hi, I'm currently on my 1st playthrough with this and am loving it. Question on Level 16 - Clear Out and Refreshing Defense are both Fighter skills - I have to select either. Please advise.

Thanks!

Refreshing defense is pretty awesome...

Haplok

Haplok

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 760 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoy the build!

And sorry about that mistake. Please pick Clear Out and Adept Evasion at level 16 and then Refreshing Defense at 17.

Thank you for finding the error!

Edited by Haplok, 25 October 2018 - 10:46 PM.

hansvedic

hansvedic

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 191 posts

That's why I like my Morning Star. Mule Kick has +10 ACC and Body Blows does -25 fort.

They should put one in that's named "Lucy". ;)

Given the news about Saru-Sichr, it seems like the weapon was made for your version of this build.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swashbuckler, devoted, streetfighter, rogue, fighter, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users