Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for book/film/series recommendations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Serrano

Serrano

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1190 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hi guys,

I'm looking for stories where the villian is the viewpoint character. He/she doesn't have to be the only viewpoint character but a large portion of the story needs to be told from his perspective, the more so the better. I can only think of a few right now but the stories that come to mind are, House of Cards (UK version), Gone Girl novel, Hannibal TV series, MacBeth, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. Can anyone suggest others? I should really get around to watching and reading Game of Thrones past the first couple of seasons. Likewise with Breaking Bad.

Edited by Serrano, 26 August 2018 - 03:37 PM.

• Ridgemed, Brantot and BernardC like this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

George RR Martin said it best. The villains are actually the hero if the story was about them. 

Only two come to mind . I am Legend by Richard MathesonThe book, not that abomination of a movie. The Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. It's not one of his best. 

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov is kind of like that. Not a good read IMO. Frankenstein comes to mind. The monster is certainly more sympathetic than Victor Frankenstein is and was no doubt wronged by him. Richard II from Shakespeare is also a good example.  There was a really excellent move adaptation of that a few years back with Ian Mckellen. 

Breaking Bad the TV show is a possible example. 

• Serrano likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users