Bug?-Aloth's personal quest doesn't show up

Rilan

Question

Hello there,

I've read in others posts, that there are some issues with the progression of Aloth's personal quest. But in my case the personal quest isn't even showing up in the journal in the first place.

I have taken Aloth into my group, finished the quests on Maje and then talked to him after leaving the island. At this point his personal quest should appear in my journal from what I´ve read on the internet, but it doesn't.

When I had that particular conversation with him after leaving Maje I didn't finish all options in the conversation immediately. I chose "2. Let's talk about this later." instead of choosing the first option. I can't remember the exact wording here (something like: You still haven't told me what this has got to do with....). Unfortunately this option never showed up again, when I tried to talk to him later.

Could this be the reason for the bug?
Unfortunately I'm now 20 hours into the game and I don't have any old savegames to try out, what would have happended if I had chosen differently.

I would be glad, if you could help me in that matter. I really like Aloth as a character and therefore would really like to play his personal quest. Thank you for your time (and please apologize my English; it's not my native language.)

2 answers to this question

Hey Rilan!

I'm sorry that Aloth has grown grumpy and will no longer share his quest with you.  I asked one of our Area Designers about this and there are a few different triggers throughout the game that cause Aloth to once again share his quest with you.  I don't want to spoil anything for folks here in the forums, so if you want I can Private Message you exactly where those triggers are or if you want to keep going for now so as not to spoil it, you are more than welcome to do that as well.  If you would like more information, please message me at support@obsidian.net as it is a quicker way to reach me :)

Thank you for your support Rilan!

P.S. Your English is great and much appreciated!

• Like 2