Funny fact about Sacred Immolation + Clarity of Agony/Lone Wolf

1. The raw damage of Sacred Immolation can be totally removed with Lone Wolf ring + Clarity of Agony, meanwhile the AOE retained.

2. SI disable itself, so usually u cannot have two SI activated at the same time. But, if you clear the self damage debuff with Clarity of Agony, you can cast SI again :) So with SI -> CoA -> SI -> CoA, you have two SI activated without ANY self damage!

Have fun with this votary combo ;)

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 9

A shame you wrote it here before the end of the patching cycle, thus exposing it to the nerf hammer XD

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

A shame you wrote it here before the end of the patching cycle, thus exposing it to the nerf hammer XD

Haha my friend, you worry too much about nerfing! I don’t think this is OP because SI is just unusable imho, this combo make it an ok abilities. There are way more OP things in the game right now so I don’t think the devs would nerf this.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

I didn’t think they’d nerf Baubles of the Fin either, for example; next thing I knew, 1.1 landed and guess what? XD I disabled telemetry shortly thereafter and elected not to write about my favorite combos until the end of the patch cycle.

I agree with you about this not being OP, and about SA’s being unusable in its current state but if patches so far are any indication...

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ha funny!

I just wanted to do a Lone Wolf+Clarity build - but just to check if I can become immune to all afflictions when simply triggering it at the start of every fight.

Didn't came to my mind that it would also prevent self raw damage to happen. Does it also work on Berserker's Frenzy and Alacrity? I suppose so...?

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Nice find, I've loved monk's ability to cleanse themselves of hostile effects in my Cantor builds, but I've never thought of it for a pali.  Too bad sacred immolation is so expensive and still has to go thru armor checks in potd+.  Though not as effective as the monk ability, the cleansing potion might be a good alternative for a non-monk multiclass.

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

Ha funny!

I just wanted to do a Lone Wolf+Clarity build - but just to check if I can become immune to all afflictions when simply triggering it at the start of every fight.

Didn't came to my mind that it would also prevent self raw damage to happen. Does it also work on Berserker's Frenzy and Alacrity? I suppose so...?

The -5 sec hostile duration only happens once u trigger agony, and the -50% hostile duration is calculated multiply not additively. So I don’t think u gonna immune to all afflictions. I haven’t tested frenzy but I guess it works the same way as SI.

Edited by dunehunter

Ha funny!

The -5 sec hostile duration only happens once u trigger agony, and the -50% hostile duration is calculated multiply not additively. So I don’t think u gonna immune to all afflictions. I haven’t tested frenzy but I guess it works the same way as SI.
Hrmm, I just tested it, and it doesn’t decrease the damage from frenzy according to the information that shows up on your character sheet.

Is that information reliable? (It’s obviously hard to check directly, since your health is obscured...)

Edited by whimper

Voidward doesn't help removing the self damage, it just reduces it. It's the -5s duration of hostile effects from Clarity of Agony that removes completely the self damage and allows a second cast (even a third one with empower). Definitely not intended, but hey, I won't be the one complaining about it considering how bad SI is.  8)

PS. With Eternal Devotion and Turning Wheel you can also enjoy 30% more fire dmg...

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 1

Huh. Interesting.

So how is the duration reduction of hostile effects calculated? Is it a similar formula to the one used for Hit-to-Crit conversions? I think you could forego the Ring of the Solitary Wanderer, and achieve a similar effect by feeding the Votary Khapa Tea or Mohora Wraps.

And, you know... I think I've got a theorycraft in mind. Let's see if I can make this work...

Huh. Interesting.

So how is the duration reduction of hostile effects calculated? Is it a similar formula to the one used for Hit-to-Crit conversions? I think you could forego the Ring of the Solitary Wanderer, and achieve a similar effect by feeding the Votary Khapa Tea or Mohora Wraps.

And, you know... I think I've got a theorycraft in mind. Let's see if I can make this work...

I mentioned Lone Wolf in my post :) It's the -hostile effect stats of that ring.

Huh. Interesting.

I mentioned Lone Wolf in my post :) It's the -hostile effect stats of that ring.

Well yes, I know that. It's just that you need the Votary to be distant from allies for the Lone Wolf effect to activate, which makes it most useful for solo runs and not much else.

Which is why I mentioned the Khapa Tea and Mohora Wraps food items; those also give reductions to hostile effect duration, without the solo requirement of the ring. Which is why I'm wondering just how much I could stack the reductions, and why I'm asking about the exact formula for that.

• 2 weeks later...

After some twiddling, I find that Sacred Immolation has some sweet synergy with Monk Crucible, the raw damage from SI is counted as hostile effect and thus can trigger the +10 defense of crucible!

So if anyone know if there are some gears that has some proc on hostile effect ends stats let me know plz :)

Edited by dunehunter

Is it also reduced by Resolve ?

It would give a good reason to play a high charisma resolve paladin.

Yeah it is. My concern is SI relies on too many different stats, u need high Might because SI’s base damage is low, 25-30; u need high INT for duration and AOE range, a bit con for soaking damage, a bit Dex because SI has 4.5 sec recovery, and now we need high Resolve....