Beast of Winter - Rymrgand (Fight Option)

I play POTD Trial of Iron Solo, does anyone actually know if this lets you fight him? Or is it a fake option where he just insta K.O's you?

I would rather not want to start the game over because of a false option. and if possible, can you actually win the fight?

Would Love to see a screenshot, of video~

Edited by Elizer
  • Like 1

Oh sweet, im about to deliver him his death that I promised in nekataka. Lol (I picked the everything wrong history)

I wish someone posted a video of it, so i could see what im about to run into. Gonna fight him on my next play-through 

This was a very nice surprise for me. I killed the dragon but didn't save the game because it was very late and I had to go to sleep, so I skipped the dialogue.

Then when I played again I ended up convincing her to fight Rymrgand, so I thought I missed a fight. But teaching that idiot a lesson was much more satisfying. :)

Not sure I'd risk a fight on TC solo though. :sweat:

sign.jpg

This was a very nice surprise for me. I killed the dragon but didn't save the game because it was very late and I had to go to sleep, so I skipped the dialogue.

Then when I played again I ended up convincing her to fight Rymrgand, so I thought I missed a fight. But teaching that idiot a lesson was much more satisfying. :)

Not sure I'd risk a fight on TC solo though. :sweat:

I want to do it, to teach him a lesson, that its not okay. If I could slay all the Gods in POE i would Lol. They should just rename the game, POE of war

• Like 3

You can convince the Dragon to fight Ryrmgand?

I haven't seen that option, all I know is if you picked everything bad (history) then you trash talked him in nekatakas quest, and tell him your going to kill him, he has a unique question when you meet him which he then asks if you came to fulfill what you said (usher a sword into his face)

You can convince the Dragon to fight Ryrmgand?

I don't know all the options in that dialogue because I don't have high religion and insight, but I think with intimidate or bluff I suggested the dragon fight the Beast. I hoped I could help, but by the time I got there their fight was done. :(

Edit: as others are saying, I think I convinced the dragon with high metaphysics (13).

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

I think it's having high bluff ( or metaphysics/arcana? ) and leading the conversation to saying that if the current gods could be gods by absorbing souls, so can you.  It leads into a fight with Rymgrand though since gods are all anal about promises being broken and stuff.

• Like 1

Filthy Chanter Main  :dragon:   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  -_-

I could get her to fight him with a high enough metaphysics check, and I think a bluff or insight check. Going off memory. But you're kind of dooming her to oblivion by doing that.

Thats what I did, then i killed the cow afterwards

• Like 1

Found the dragon battle difficult so opted to convince it to fight Rymrgand instead (need about 13 ranks in metaphysics iirc). Couldn't get through the fight without Vatnir or Ydwin getting smashed.

I've managed to go through the game on veteran difficulty without a single knockout (later realising there's no achievement for doing so this time).

The Beast of Winter though was decidedly easier. I had Aloth hit it with an empowered Concelhaut's Corrosive Skin and then 2 Crushing Doom spells.

Along with Vatnir spamming some toxic strikes and Edér with the knock downs, I kicked it's arse. 

• Like 3

Found the dragon battle difficult so opted to convince it to fight Rymrgand instead (need about 13 ranks in metaphysics iirc). Couldn't get through the fight without Vatnir or Ydwin getting smashed.

I've managed to go through the game on veteran difficulty without a single knockout (later realising there's no achievement for doing so this time).

The Beast of Winter though was decidedly easier. I had Aloth hit it with an empowered Concelhaut's Corrosive Skin and then 2 Crushing Doom spells.

Along with Vatnir spamming some toxic strikes and Edér with the knock downs, I kicked it's arse. 

Well if you have a rogue, or a pally... Just learn the gouging eye strike (bleed), or brand enemy (burn) then just sacrifice a summon while running you characters far away from the boss so they don't aggro.. Go on youtube for 5 minutes/sip some tea, read the newspaper, and when you come back the dragon probably bled to death.

• Like 3

I'm playing on veteran too and my first knockout was against Rymrgand. But I was careless. If you keep your distance and use summons wisely, like Elizer said above, you won't have problems. Even without DoT.

• Like 1

sign.jpg