[Bug] Solitary Fate upgrade on Acolyte's Frostbite not granting Concentration

Zap Gun For Hire

Question

After doing some testing of various items, and while also checking out the game code, I think I found that the upgrade Solitary Fate is not granting a point of Concentration that it claims it supplies to the wielder when far away from allies.

The base ability Solitary IS granting Concentration, as is the upgrade Vengeful Cold.

I took a look at the game code in statuseffects.gamedatabundle, and I can see where Concentration is being granted from Solitary ("2d093bc0-3b7d-47f8-a5ca-f67944beb230") and where it granted from Vengeful Cold ("67ff49e1-b6cd-4cca-8b1a-24cb773fe48e"), but I couldn't find the corresponding Concentration entry for Solitary Fate.

I have a savefile where I added the unique item Acolyte's Frostbite to the party via the console as well as the items necessary to upgrade the item to either Solitary Fate or Vengeful Cold.

The game is set with the party in the Arena Sub Level in the Engwithan Digsite on Maje Island.  Aloth has the base version of Acolyte's Frostbite equipped and the items and gold necessary to upgrade the item to either Solitary Fate or Vengeful Cold.  Two chambers to the west of the party are two Crystal-Eater Spiderlings and a Will-O'-Wisp, where Aloth can wander over there alone and fight the enemies.

With only the base Solitary enhancement, he will get Concentration.

With the upgrade Vengeful Cold, he will get Concentration.

With the upgrade Solitary Fate, he will not get Concentration.

I have it set this way, so each of the three states can be tested in short order. :)

Porthos (ArenaSub-level) (d41075f5-0d41-4911-b032-988505a73007) (LAX-2ABCDE) (755067909).savegame.zip

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

1 answer to this question

Hi Zap Gun For Hire,

Thank you for writing up such a detailed report and providing a save file with the perfect setup for us to reproduce the issue. Due to your efforts, I was able to instantly reproduce and add this issue to our database. Your cooperation is both welcome and greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

• Like 1