The Beast of Winter's Axe is so powerful it crashes my game ;)

pikea1

Question

Hey there.... So, I get to the final fight of BoW, and when the Beast slams his axe I watch the crack travel down the plateau we are on and then the game locks up.  One time the graphics locked where the crack ended and I took a guess and un-paused the game and got to listen to my party defeat him and listened to part of the death narration.  Otherwise it pretty much just locks up every time.  Tried running a couple of earlier saves and got the same crash.

Here are all of the pertinent files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/98ptewdcjnoojw0/POE%20Deadfire.zip?dl=0

Thanks!  I owe that Beast a serious beat down!!!

The truth is not the truth.

6 answers to this question

Hi!

I had a similar problem, not in the same location as you but the game would seem to freeze in one of those cut sceenish things but apparently continue on in the background, i.e. the sound and game would seem to progress behind the frozen screen.

I have an Intel i7 7700k. It was mentioned in another thread to turn off Hyperthreading in the BIOS which I did and I've not had another one of those crashes since.

If you have an i7 maybe try that.

I should maybe point out that I did this around the same time that the latest patch (v2.0.1.0044) was released so maybe it was something to do with that though.

The axe also crashes my game... wonderful end to the DLC =.=

Edit: thanks, reddit. Spamming F5 during the cutscene and the following black screen, quit the crashed game, restart and load the quicksave (showing a blank white image) worked.

Edited by Clerith