Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ansalons Assessment of Accessible Accessories

Accessories Guide Equipment Loot

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

Cap of the Laughingstock is overpowered as a head slot imo. Immune to Resolve Affliction already makes it better than other accessories. Village's Fool is very powerful when u are soloing, -10 enemy deflection usually means +10 accuracy to self. An equipment has both stats is just too good for a single slot item.

What about  Horns of The Bleak Mother that give you same bonuses ? 

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Cap of the Laughingstock is overpowered as a head slot imo. Immune to Resolve Affliction already makes it better than other accessories. Village's Fool is very powerful when u are soloing, -10 enemy deflection usually means +10 accuracy to self. An equipment has both stats is just too good for a single slot item.

What about  Horns of The Bleak Mother that give you same bonuses ? 

Same thing??? Am I missing something :)

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

Resolve resistance and accuracy to all attack vs dragons, pretty same. For some situations like BoW dragon even better. If mega boss will be beast then this helm will be even better :D Or maybe I miss something :D

Edited by mant2si, 27 August 2018 - 07:26 AM.

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1473 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I wonder if you could use  Defensive Mindweb to overwrite the fool's cap penalty and make it functionally foe-only. It probably wouldn't work in practice because 10' is fairly far in game terms and you'd have to keep your deflection-stick character out of the range.

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Resolve resistance and accuracy to all attack vs dragons, pretty same. For some situations like BoW dragon even better. If mega boss will be beast then this helm will be even better :D Or maybe I miss something :D

One is Resolvd immune one is Resolvd resistance, one is +10 accuracy to beast type enemy, one equals to +10 accuracy to all enemy type. Can’t believe someone think they are the same :)
  • Dr <3 likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14793 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I do! They even look the same. ;)

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

I do! They even look the same. ;)

That’s really something I wanna complain, it is one of the best head slot in the game but it also makes u looks like a jester. Well I think this is the downside of the gear!

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 375 posts

Wait, what?  I thought from the wiki description it was -10 deflection *to self* ... it is to enemies?

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wait, what? I thought from the wiki description it was -10 deflection *to self* ... it is to enemies?

Yep, it’s not to self, but to enemies and allies, if u are soloing it’s enemy only then.

There is another item that grant u Dex Immune, but that item also reduce your deflection by 10. That’s why I think cap of laughingstock has almost no penalty and grant you double bonus is OP.

Edited by dunehunter, 27 August 2018 - 09:14 PM.

• brasilgringo likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14793 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The shoes of the Waterlilly make you immune but will give you -10 to all defenses which is severe. Maybe for certain encounters where you get spammed by hard CC they are nice though. Not all items have to be great for every situation - if they have their uses for special occasions. With Cap of the Laughingstock you could maybe build a party setup with a jester (Trickster) tank and 4 damage dealers who rely on healing and armor rather than deflection to stay alive (Fighter, Shifter, Chanter, Paladin etc). Should work really nicely, Trickster only because it fits beautifully. ;)

Also the Ring that does -8 INT is so nice for a specialized "stupid DoT" build like Rogue/Soulblade who wants to have 1 INT anyways. You'll get awesome defenses against afflictons and INT can't go lower than 1. ;)
  • dunehunter and peolone like this

peolone

peolone

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Why a Rogue/Soulblade and not a Rogue/Ascendant? 

Haplok

Haplok

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 760 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Probably to go melee. Soulblade's Concentration on kill helps to avoid Interrupts up close and personal. And of course, Soul Annihilation provides a nice damage boost too. Can create a nice loop: Rogue ability attack builds Focus, SA spends it.

Dumping Int solves the MAD issue of such a character. But the abysmal duration on stuff like Borrowed Instinct and Trickster defensive buffs, not to mention enemy debuffs/cc, would hurt too much for me.

Edited by Haplok, 30 August 2018 - 01:49 AM.

knownastherat

knownastherat

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 793 posts

Assassin/Soul Blade gets away with low INT. It requires a specific playstyle but it works. 

Edited by knownastherat, 30 August 2018 - 03:16 AM.

pi2repsion

pi2repsion

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'd suggest adding the following items:

Amulet:

Charm of Bones: +2 INT, +5 accuracy against vessels, 10 uses of summon vessel. The +2 INT alone makes this a great item for any high INT character, and it is a contender for the best amulet for any character relying heavily on INT for AOE and/or buff, debuff, summon, chant linger duration. Sold by the Orlan Peddler in Brass Citadel.

Belt:

Gwyn's Bridal Garter: +1 CON, resistance to DEX afflictions. Sold in the Dark Cupboard. (Just like Cipher's Shackle that has the same stat for another misc. slot, this is easily obtained and good on a frontliner until you've got better.)

updates:

Ring of Overseeing is also sold by the Berath's Blessings vendor

Edited by pi2repsion, 30 August 2018 - 03:46 AM.

whimper

whimper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wait, what? I thought from the wiki description it was -10 deflection *to self* ... it is to enemies?

Yep, it’s not to self, but to enemies and allies, if u are soloing it’s enemy only then.

There is another item that grant u Dex Immune, but that item also reduce your deflection by 10. That’s why I think cap of laughingstock has almost no penalty and grant you double bonus is OP.

This is almost certainly a bug, though, no?

I.e., the description of the Village Fool condition is that anyone who has it gets a -10 to deflection and is immune to resolve conditions. And in combat, you and those near you will get the Village Fool condition. But for some reason while everyone around you has their deflection go down (as looking at your attacks against them reveals), your deflection doesn't go down...

Still, until they fix it, it's pretty amazing! 

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2016 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV

So far it stacks without limit. I mean stats are cpped at 35, so there's a limit. But in theory it would go on forever. :)

Tested this earlier and it stops at 4 stacks, which is still quite good, but no easy cap sadly.

• Boeroer and whimper like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14793 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Really? Awww - when it went over 3 I thought that it's limitless. Shame on me an my assumptions. :)

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts
*Starts casting Finger of Assumption*
  • Boeroer and whimper like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14793 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

:lol: God I love it!

Where do I have to throw money at so that this goes into the game as a backer spell with a future patch? "D'Orphteq's Finger of Assumption"

• Dorftek likes this

whimper

whimper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

This is almost certainly a bug, though, no?

I.e., the description of the Village Fool condition is that anyone who has it gets a -10 to deflection and is immune to resolve conditions. And in combat, you and those near you will get the Village Fool condition. But for some reason while everyone around you has their deflection go down (as looking at your attacks against them reveals), your deflection doesn't go down...

Still, until they fix it, it's pretty amazing! 

A mea culpa: As Boeroer helpfully pointed out in the bug report thread, this does not appear to be a bug. My bad!

An almost mandatory item for solo runs. The main downside (besides looking silly) is that it anti-synergizes with the Infamous Captain terror effect by making your opponents immune to resolve afflictions... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Guide, Equipment, Loot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users