Probably to go melee. Soulblade's Concentration on kill helps to avoid Interrupts up close and personal. And of course, Soul Annihilation provides a nice damage boost too. Can create a nice loop: Rogue ability attack builds Focus, SA spends it.

Dumping Int solves the MAD issue of such a character. But the abysmal duration on stuff like Borrowed Instinct and Trickster defensive buffs, not to mention enemy debuffs/cc, would hurt too much for me.

Edited by Haplok

I'd suggest adding the following items:

Amulet:

Charm of Bones: +2 INT, +5 accuracy against vessels, 10 uses of summon vessel. The +2 INT alone makes this a great item for any high INT character, and it is a contender for the best amulet for any character relying heavily on INT for AOE and/or buff, debuff, summon, chant linger duration. Sold by the Orlan Peddler in Brass Citadel.

Belt:

Gwyn's Bridal Garter: +1 CON, resistance to DEX afflictions. Sold in the Dark Cupboard. (Just like Cipher's Shackle that has the same stat for another misc. slot, this is easily obtained and good on a frontliner until you've got better.)

updates:

Ring of Overseeing is also sold by the Berath's Blessings vendor

Edited by pi2repsion

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Cap of the Laughingstock is overpowered as a head slot imo. Immune to Resolve Affliction already makes it better than other accessories. Village's Fool is very powerful when u are soloing, -10 enemy deflection usually means +10 accuracy to self. An equipment has both stats is just too good for a single slot item.

Wait, what? I thought from the wiki description it was -10 deflection *to self* ... it is to enemies?

Yep, it’s not to self, but to enemies and allies, if u are soloing it’s enemy only then.

There is another item that grant u Dex Immune, but that item also reduce your deflection by 10. That’s why I think cap of laughingstock has almost no penalty and grant you double bonus is OP.

This is almost certainly a bug, though, no?

I.e., the description of the Village Fool condition is that anyone who has it gets a -10 to deflection and is immune to resolve conditions. And in combat, you and those near you will get the Village Fool condition. But for some reason while everyone around you has their deflection go down (as looking at your attacks against them reveals), your deflection doesn't go down...

Still, until they fix it, it's pretty amazing! 

So far it stacks without limit. I mean stats are cpped at 35, so there's a limit. But in theory it would go on forever. :)

Tested this earlier and it stops at 4 stacks, which is still quite good, but no easy cap sadly.

• Like 2

Cap of the Laughingstock is overpowered as a head slot imo. Immune to Resolve Affliction already makes it better than other accessories. Village's Fool is very powerful when u are soloing, -10 enemy deflection usually means +10 accuracy to self. An equipment has both stats is just too good for a single slot item.

Wait, what? I thought from the wiki description it was -10 deflection *to self* ... it is to enemies?

Yep, it’s not to self, but to enemies and allies, if u are soloing it’s enemy only then.

There is another item that grant u Dex Immune, but that item also reduce your deflection by 10. That’s why I think cap of laughingstock has almost no penalty and grant you double bonus is OP.

This is almost certainly a bug, though, no?

I.e., the description of the Village Fool condition is that anyone who has it gets a -10 to deflection and is immune to resolve conditions. And in combat, you and those near you will get the Village Fool condition. But for some reason while everyone around you has their deflection go down (as looking at your attacks against them reveals), your deflection doesn't go down...

Still, until they fix it, it's pretty amazing! 

A mea culpa: As Boeroer helpfully pointed out in the bug report thread, this does not appear to be a bug. My bad!

An almost mandatory item for solo runs. The main downside (besides looking silly) is that it anti-synergizes with the Infamous Captain terror effect by making your opponents immune to resolve afflictions... 

Haha - right. But actually that fits pretty well: How can they be terrorized if they see you with that laughable headgear. ;)

You'd need to get some scars from mouth to ears and call yourself the Joker - maybe then it works...?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Haha - right. But actually that fits pretty well: How can they be terrorized if they see you with that laughable headgear. ;)

You'd need to get some scars from mouth to ears and call yourself the Joker - may then it works...?

Good idea! Now we just need a “scars and peg legs” DLC! :)

• Like 2