Yes. It makes you immune to all fire damage and even turns 10% of it into healing. You can stand in your own Wall if Flame and nuke yourself with Fireballs for healing while destroying your surroundings.

And if you are already keeping a minor injury like Acute Rash or Serious Burn (can be self-inflicted easily) for Rekvu's Fractured Casque in order to use Vaporous Wizardry you could def. equip the Scorched Cloak so you can heal-nuke yourself.

Does it make you immune to enemies fire damage or just your own? If you end up posting the warlock build send me a PM and I will add it to my guide as an example build for the Scorched Cloak :)

You surely can't just run into the hall and do a Leroy Jenkins. :)

Okay, then that makes sense and that is how I beat most of the harder fights while under-powered: Pull into as small a pack as I can manage, trap at a choke and beat the living daylights out of anything foolish enough to walk through.

I did not know whether pulling mobs was frowned upon here.

Missing Cloak of the Theocrat, +1 Intellect, +1 Resolve, useful for spellcasters.

Ah sorry I didn't specify but its PoE 2 not 1 :)

THAT Cloak IS STILL in the game. It is an RNG loot item but if you reload just before burial mounds you can get the cloak. I use it all the time.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_the_Theocrat_(Deadfire)

Edited by Stardusk78

For Defiant Apparel, it should list its penalty, of an additional -5 Deflection while flanked, especially because there's now no way to see that penalty within the item description in the game (though it still exists, and you can see it in your status effects when you're flanked). Even the wiki hides the penalty on another page for some reason.

Why Obsidian decided to add a penalty to a pre-order bonus, on an item that you start with, that gets triggered when you are flanked (a status that is common for melee characters all the time, and common even for squishy ranged characters in the starting area, since you've only got Eder to tank for you), and then hide the fact that there's a penalty, I have no idea.

Edited by jww

Nope, the penalty is still there in the current patch. What got removed was any way to find out about the penalty through the item description.

I just tested on an unmodded 2.0.1.0044. Started a new game and put the Defiant Apparel on right before the ship battle started, then ran into the middle of the enemies to get Flanked. If I go to my character screen and hover over the Deflection number, it shows the regular -10 for flanked, as well as -5 for Captain's Eye.

Edited by jww
  • Like 1

Nope, the penalty is still there in the current patch. What got removed was any way to find out about the penalty through the item description.

I just tested on an unmodded 2.0.1.0044. Started a new game and put the Defiant Apparel on right before the ship battle started, then ran into the middle of the enemies to get Flanked. If I go to my character screen and hover over the Deflection number, it shows the regular -10 for flanked, as well as -5 for Captain's Eye.

Hah, that sounds like something for the bug forum.

Haha - good find. And there I thought Obsidian did buff an item. Silly me... Of course they nerfed the discription. That actually makes sense.

"If I were Control..." ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For Defiant Apparel, it should list its penalty, of an additional -5 Deflection while flanked, especially because there's now no way to see that penalty within the item description in the game (though it still exists, and you can see it in your status effects when you're flanked). Even the wiki hides the penalty on another page for some reason.

Why Obsidian decided to add a penalty to a pre-order bonus, on an item that you start with, that gets triggered when you are flanked (a status that is common for melee characters all the time, and common even for squishy ranged characters in the starting area, since you've only got Eder to tank for you), and then hide the fact that there's a penalty, I have no idea.

Nice catch added it to the list.

Cap of the Laughingstock is overpowered as a head slot imo. Immune to Resolve Affliction already makes it better than other accessories. Village's Fool is very powerful when u are soloing, -10 enemy deflection usually means +10 accuracy to self. An equipment has both stats is just too good for a single slot item.

Cap of the Laughingstock is overpowered as a head slot imo. Immune to Resolve Affliction already makes it better than other accessories. Village's Fool is very powerful when u are soloing, -10 enemy deflection usually means +10 accuracy to self. An equipment has both stats is just too good for a single slot item.

What about  Horns of The Bleak Mother that give you same bonuses ? 

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

What about  Horns of The Bleak Mother that give you same bonuses ? 

Same thing??? Am I missing something :)

Resolve resistance and accuracy to all attack vs dragons, pretty same. For some situations like BoW dragon even better. If mega boss will be beast then this helm will be even better :D Or maybe I miss something :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Resolve resistance and accuracy to all attack vs dragons, pretty same. For some situations like BoW dragon even better. If mega boss will be beast then this helm will be even better :D Or maybe I miss something :D

One is Resolvd immune one is Resolvd resistance, one is +10 accuracy to beast type enemy, one equals to +10 accuracy to all enemy type. Can’t believe someone think they are the same :)

• Like 1

Wait, what?  I thought from the wiki description it was -10 deflection *to self* ... it is to enemies?

Wait, what? I thought from the wiki description it was -10 deflection *to self* ... it is to enemies?

Yep, it’s not to self, but to enemies and allies, if u are soloing it’s enemy only then.

There is another item that grant u Dex Immune, but that item also reduce your deflection by 10. That’s why I think cap of laughingstock has almost no penalty and grant you double bonus is OP.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

The shoes of the Waterlilly make you immune but will give you -10 to all defenses which is severe. Maybe for certain encounters where you get spammed by hard CC they are nice though. Not all items have to be great for every situation - if they have their uses for special occasions. With Cap of the Laughingstock you could maybe build a party setup with a jester (Trickster) tank and 4 damage dealers who rely on healing and armor rather than deflection to stay alive (Fighter, Shifter, Chanter, Paladin etc). Should work really nicely, Trickster only because it fits beautifully. ;)

Also the Ring that does -8 INT is so nice for a specialized "stupid DoT" build like Rogue/Soulblade who wants to have 1 INT anyways. You'll get awesome defenses against afflictons and INT can't go lower than 1. ;)

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods