The lock-in/lock-out conversation automatically happens at Vilario's rest: either take him then or lose him forever.

I actually wanted to dump him earlier with one PC: One of my watchers ditched Eder halfway through his playthrough of PoE1 during his companion quest, only for him to randomly show up at the start of Deadfire. Sure, he wasn't supposed to be dead, but it's still odd as he's somehow aware of the gods' true nature, talks about "his role" in ending Thaos, and apparently convinced himself you're good friends.

I ended up making him die during Benweth's attack, so now I can pretend he was just a delusional sailor for that playthrough.

I not only had Edér show up at the start when he wasn't supposed to be there, I had him interject in conversations when he wasn't in the party. I know he's a fan favorite, Obsidian, but that's a little ridiculous. ;)

In my game he was supposed to have become the mayor, but he showed up with a Night's Watch amulet telling stories of his return to Aedyr. :blink:

• Like 2

sign.jpg