Music Listening & Sharing

Blarghagh

Platform by Holly Herndon is quite wonderful, blending the dizzying sonic collages and polyrhythms of IDM with the spiritual glitch of Murcof's Martes to create an art pop record that recalls Björk at her best at times, in feel if not necessarily in sound, filled with that same kind of creative drive and resonant core.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

1 hour ago, injurai said:

Murcof - Martes is one of the finest albums I've heard. I wish it got more love.

@algroth

This sounds pretty cool! A bit more reminiscent of the usual Amon Tobin sound than Fear in a Handful of Dust (though I don't speak with the greatest authority in the matter either). I'll have a listen to it!

Also Martes is indeed superb, to me what Murcof's done there is essentially the electronic equivalent to the sacred minimalism of John Tavener, Arvo Pärt and the likes. Really transcendent work. This is probably my favorite track off the album:

• Like 1

the only remix o' a classic we have ever linked. 

and 'cause you can never have too much stevie wonder with james jamerson 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Running on a loop right now. Can't wait for the new album. Just a couple more weeks left to get through.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

A bit of 80's nostalgia. A tribute to the madness of the cold war and imminent end of the world ⚛️

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

am knowing hall and oates is a bit o' a punchline nowadays

also, for more smooth pretty purdie drum effort,

purdie shuffle for the win.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

At first I was like wtf this destroys my speakers because of all the clutter, but it's kinda growing on me now.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

At first I was like wtf this destroys my speakers because of all the clutter, but it's kinda growing on me now.

Yeah, both his albums and those with F--- Buttons tend to have this very expansive, maximalist "wall of noise" approach to them, but it does feel like he's taking this particular record farther with the noise and death industrial influences than his previous work. It feels harsher and more aggressive, and in a way it reminds me of Ben Frost's A U R O R A as well.

But whereas I feel A U R O R A suffers a bit from all the noise and compression somehow drowning out the lower frequencies and making the record feel a little tinny, Animated Violence Mild does have that weight to it and I think it makes its very crunchy "cosmic bulldozer" sound quite appealing. I quite like it.

Edited by algroth

Speaking of new albums, did I link the new album by Lingua Ignota before? Caligula's quite extraordinary, blending the harshness of death industrial and power electronics production with dense orchestral arrangements to create a pretty harrowing, mastodonic experience, with her undeniably powerful declamatory voice at the forefront of it all. Truly one of the finest vocalists around.

Again, you can listen to the full thing here.