Music Listening & Sharing

Blarghagh

even Gromnir can find his sunny place with the right music.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we have an unnatural distrust o' anybody who dislikes bill withers music.

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

underappreciated talking heads bassist tina weymouth 

david byrne may have been the face o' the band, but ms. weymouth deserves more credit for the sound and soul.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

al green sings gershwin

and one more

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

On 5/8/2019 at 6:21 PM, Gromnir said:

underappreciated talking heads bassist tina weymouth 

david byrne may have been the face o' the band, but ms. weymouth deserves more credit for the sound and soul.

HA! Good Fun!

Chris and Tina were a stunning rhythm section, and made Talking Heads one of the grooviest bands in the planet. Their studio recordings are good, but live they were unstoppable.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Found a great band while looking for background music for my Conan tabletop sessions.

• Like 4

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Thanks for the tips, I'll check them out :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My friend and I went and saw Kacey Musgraves live here in Melbourne last night at the Palais Theatre. Country and Western isn't normally my style, but the live performance was not just outstanding, but very much a mix of genres, ranging from classic C&W to Rock. Besides, her voice is stunning to listen to live. Can't find any recordings from last night, but maybe some day someone might empty the content of their phones on youtube ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This thread loads even more horribly on phone/tablet for me, since new forum software. Just saying.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Good stuff, poked around the label and didn't see much that I recognize. But I did see James Kelly's projects which I've been a fan of recently (Wife & Bliss Signal)

and thread contribution tax

• Like 1

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not quite sure it is cowardice so much as laziness for most people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, I don't particularly think he's doing any philosophical heavy lifting there. He's ultimately more speaking about himself on the cowardice. Still it's a fascinating personal testimony from a very unique walk through life.