Music Listening & Sharing

Blarghagh

Jamming the **** out level = CRITICAL

I never understood the technical aspect of it but it feels like they achieved such mastery that they can hold a conversation through their instruments.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I never understood the technical aspect of it but it feels like they achieved such mastery that they can hold a conversation through their instruments.

In my younger days, I played bass guitar. I was never even at 1/100th the skill level of the guys in the video, but even with my rather meager abilities, when my friends and I would jam out we'd sometimes reach this sort of trance-like state where staying in key, in sync, etc all stopped being conscious and we were able to just feel our way through improvising a jam and we sort of communicated on a subconscious level via our instruments.
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Jamming the **** out level = APOCALYPTIC

My dad is the one that initially got me into Jazz Fusion. When I was a little kid growing up in Poland my parents listened to a lot of different music, but a good bit of it was Billy Cobham, Jeff Beck, Weather Report, Return to Forever, Herbie Han****, etc. because that's largely what my dad was into. I love my dad.  :wub:

Edit: Freakin' stupid auto-censor editing Herbie Hanc0ck. How you gonna besmirch the name of a music legend like that?   :aiee:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bjork is sort of similar to David Bowie in my mind, except Bowie was MUCH more prolific. Both put out albums that had 1 or 2 HOLY **** AMAZING songs of unbelievable brilliance on them and the rest were either filler or just stuff that my feeble mortal brain was beyond comprehending, with the exception of 1 or 2 MASTERPIECE albums top to bottom. In the case of Bjork it was "Post" and in the case of Bowie it was "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars" and "Aladdin Sane".

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bowie has a few more than 2 masterpieces, but I can see the connection.

Yeah, it's not a 1 to 1 comparison, but my point was that both artists has a plethora of songs that just sort of escaped me and a few songs that were on some next-level unbelievable amazing ****. Bowie had more of these amazing tunes, that's not to besmirch Bjork, who I am a big fan of, it's just that Bowie is one of the Greatest of All Time.

Fun fact: Bowie was on a steady diet of cocaine, milk, and peppers when he recorded this masterpiece. That's not even a joke. Bowie himself had said he doesn't know how he lived through this period.

Sufragette City is the lowkey best Bowie song ever

Go ahead and @ me

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bowie was so far beyond normal human understanding via MASSIVE amount of cocaine and Crowley-esque black sex magic that the majority of his brilliance escapes most of us.

Here's another favorite of mine:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bjork is sort of similar to David Bowie in my mind, except Bowie was MUCH more prolific. Both put out albums that had 1 or 2 HOLY **** AMAZING songs of unbelievable brilliance on them and the rest were either filler or just stuff that my feeble mortal brain was beyond comprehending, with the exception of 1 or 2 MASTERPIECE albums top to bottom. In the case of Bjork it was "Post" and in the case of Bowie it was "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars" and "Aladdin Sane".

I don't disagree with the remark myself but I would highlight different albums from both. I feel Björk's best is Vespertine, and Bowie's Blackstar and Hunky Dory. Though, Station to Station, Low and Heroes are all mighty solid as well.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Jamming the **** out level = APOCALYPTIC

My dad is the one that initially got me into Jazz Fusion. When I was a little kid growing up in Poland my parents listened to a lot of different music, but a good bit of it was Billy Cobham, Jeff Beck, Weather Report, Return to Forever, Herbie Han****, etc. because that's largely what my dad was into. I love my dad.  :wub:

Edit: Freakin' stupid auto-censor editing Herbie Hanc0ck. How you gonna besmirch the name of a music legend like that?   :aiee:

Billy Cobham is a god on those tubs. More Cobham goodness:

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I'm still very proud that I figure that the name was meant to be read A lad insane without having to google it.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

is march 17.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)