Music Listening & Sharing

Blarghagh

I was getting really into VDGG a few months back

They're an awesome band. What's curious about "Theme One" is that Peter Hammill is usually a big component to the band and that's one of the very few (perhaps the only? Can't recall any others) instrumental tracks they did, back in the 70s anyhow. When the band broke up, Jackson, Evans and Banton made a band called The Long Hello, largely instrumental, and at least to me there was always something missing in that lineup, it all felt pretty stale and by-the-numbers. "Theme One" however is a great track, nice lead melody but also there's a drive and energy to it that is precisely missing from that instrumental side project. Good stuff.

^ If you insist ;)

That's new to me! Cheers, I'll check them out further in the near future. :)

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

They're an awesome band. What's curious about "Theme One" is that Peter Hammill is usually a big component to the band and that's one of the very few (perhaps the only? Can't recall any others) instrumental tracks they did, back in the 70s anyhow. When the band broke up, Jackson, Evans and Banton made a band called The Long Hello, largely instrumental, and at least to me there was always something missing in that lineup, it all felt pretty stale and by-the-numbers. "Theme One" however is a great track, nice lead melody but also there's a drive and energy to it that is precisely missing from that instrumental side project. Good stuff.

Also dual sax. Like... what?!! Too kewl 4 skewl.

Also dual sax. Like... what?!! Too kewl 4 skewl.

A trick they picked up from Rahsaan Roland Kirk no doubt. :p

• Like 3

^ If you insist ;)

Like the vast majority of Polish bands, SBB is mostly unknown outside of Poland. ;)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^ If you insist ;)

Like the vast majority of Polish bands, SBB is mostly unknown outside of Poland. ;)

Yeah, I know some Polish acts in jazz, folk and modern classical, but few and far between when it comes to rock. I suppose out of the rock bands my favorite's so far been Siekiera, though that's a whole other business from SBB.

• Like 1

What's worse that a Superbowl performance? A racetrack one, worth the watch!

And this girl is really good.

I always appreciate when disabled people possess more talent than the non-disabled. It's quite humbling, tisn't it?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Keeping the Michael Bolton life going.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's never too early for Christmas music!!!!

Especially when Lindsey Stirling is involved ;)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

It's strange but anything is better than Eminem so here...

This guy actually raps his lines to bars and doesn't mumble rap so at least it's worth listening to. Although, I hate the rainbow teeth personally, wierd hair and costume too.

Going away for 25 years. I guess he can use the time to get more tats on his face.

ps: don't get tats on your face.

But I hate having to apply eye makeup.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's shaping up to be one of those nights. The kind where I sit on my porch drinking whiskey and thinking over roads not taken.  And jamming some 70's tunes while doing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtGjJVcrKQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyQUCYl-ocs

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell