Music Listening & Sharing

Blarghagh

This is either experimental genius or just the absolutely worst piece of trash I ever heard. There's usually an overlap in between those two.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not sure if this was a suicide note.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Holy crap, I haven't listened to Techstep in ages.  Thanks for that injurai. 

Now that I've got electronica I was into in the 90s in my head, I might as well drop some Ragga Jungle in here:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

First 1.5 minutes builds up then calms down again. Simple but I find it so haunting/sad.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Julia Holter's Aviary is the album of the year and, quite possibly, album of the decade so far.

[Youtube]

I've been meaning to check it out. Have You In My Wilderness was one of the better albums of 2015, and probably my favorite that came to my attention from outside my primary music scene. For once the Pitchfork-cult hyped something appropriately.

• Like 1

Julia Holter's Aviary is the album of the year and, quite possibly, album of the decade so far.

[Youtube]

I've been meaning to check it out. Have You In My Wilderness was one of the better albums of 2015, and probably my favorite that came to my attention from outside my primary music scene. For once the Pitchfork-cult hyped something appropriately.

I will warn right off the bat, it's a *very* different beast to Have You in my Wilderness. It is a wildly experimental and abstract record through and through, placing a lot of focus on lush and maximalist textures and clusters, and a maelstrom of influences and genres through moving between modern classical, avant-folk, avant-garde jazz, krautrock, minimalism et al. It's a proper feast for the ears, one of those occasional records that comes from an artist with a wildly ambitious vision and both the talent and the resources to see it through. Really worth the listen.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

What in the world?

I'm an avid "child" of the 70's/80's, but I do not even remember this. The video I mean, not the song itself. I guess I stopped watching MTV around that point? At any rate, I lol'd quite a lot.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What in the world?

I'm an avid "child" of the 70's/80's, but I do not even remember this. The video I mean, not the song itself. I guess I stopped watching MTV around that point? At any rate, I lol'd quite a lot.

I remember that, rumor is that Mick Jager's wife walked in while they were in bed together. After watching this video I kinda think is true.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif