RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

I suppose I will stop when people finally get out of their delusional ways that "era xx is better than the present/future." Without these types of people moving due to their paranoia, we can all achieve a better tomorrow. My nostalgic being screams inside furiously, my logical being couldn't agree more with what I'm writing.

Really, how are people thinking 90s games are better than games now, holding us all back from "a better tomorrow", whatever that is ?
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Really, how are people thinking 90s games are better than games now, holding us all back from "a better tomorrow", whatever that is ?

Well, if anything that appears today is better that what we had yesterday, then "Tomorrow" must, by definition, be a better one.

Why should we even consider to get over that era, when your statement, that everything new and "fresh" is always better, than something made in the past is just simply plain wrong ;)

Stop pretending you know it all, and try to accept, that some people might indeed have different oppinions based on their own experience, which might be due to circumstances at that time, completely different from yours.

Thank you very much. Now back to doing something more useful again.

In other words:

"Stop trying to tell people to stop doing something......

"Hey... Stop doing that!"

This is the undeniable irony in your comment, which is common among any forum behaviour. Also, they aren't truly enjoying something if it's not giving them them the satisfaction it used to - since the rest of the world keeps moving without them. I realize that I cannot teach an old dog new tricks but I can hope to bring them the enlightenment to mpve forward and perhaps, the new found coueage to enjoy themselves in the present/future.

A feeble minded individual will not be able to tell that this isn't about preference but about progressing. Keep in mind that this really is far different from the argument in politics of progressing a nation in which sjw and liberals try to force their views on the world regardless of what others may believe or enjoy. No, what I've been saying is more of a natural need in the nation of gamers, for all gamers equally.

So no, I don't really have to stop anything or "get over" anything as I'm not the one stuck on something but reversed logic is so beautiful, is it now? After all, even if this was about my opinion, why would my opinion be less valuable than those people's?

Lol As far as getting back to doing something useful, whatever in your mind would that be? For you are and always will be the same as me, no matter however much you would dare to disagree.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Spyro delayed? Hmmm... gonna be a hay day for the haters :p

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Also, they aren't truly enjoying something if it's not giving them them the satisfaction it used to - since the rest of the world keeps moving without them.

The people you're arguing about don't fit into this though - they are still enjoying the old stuff. Good work somehow working in whining about SJWs into this though :lol:

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also, they aren't truly enjoying something if it's not giving them them the satisfaction it used to - since the rest of the world keeps moving without them.

The people you're arguing about don't fit into this though - they are still enjoying the old stuff. Good work somehow working in whining about SJWs into this though :lol:
Since when do people who are enjoying something complain about something new that they are able to enjoy? For ex. A new game that is not optimized for their agp because they don't want to move on? Yeah, doesn't make much sense :)

The SJW comment was a valid non-directive comparison, it needed to be said. Especially as it has become a big part of modern political society which games industry is not/is a part of (you decide).

Spyro delayed? Hmmm... gonna be a hay day for the haters :p

ok dont care about it at all but what is that 3rd picture in thumbnail? xD

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Since when do people who are enjoying something complain about something new that they are able to enjoy? For ex. A new game that is not optimized for their agp because they don't want to move on? Yeah, doesn't make much sense :)

The SJW comment was a valid non-directive comparison, it needed to be said. Especially as it has become a big part of modern political society which games industry is not/is a part of (you decide).

I thought we were on about people who like playing older games as they see them as better, not people complaining about games not being optimized for hardware from 2000. Latter isn't nostalgia at all. They aren't holding anyone back, not even themselves if a modern game isn't engaging enough to compel them to spend money on upgrading.

It's entertainment, not essential.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

It bothers me much to be honest, just as much as the VR cult who believe pixel-art should die just because they are the past and need to move forward with progressing/evolving photo-realistic based art styles.

What really irks me is when gamers keep something like a crt monitor or a tube television and expect it to do good for gaming just because "They don't make em like they use to". Please for the love of God, I say tobanyone struggling to catch up with the world, take that 240hz trash 30" 4:8 monitor with your backip vga/svga and your tower with it's physX, agp and audigy... Throw them out the window, then burn their carcasses!!!

And to think there were actually a group of people who thought it was "cool" to degauss their monitors.

Smfh. Nostagia, the thing that always holds us back as gamers and also makes is feel guilty to waste more money on somethimg new and exciting or just plain better made (goes for games, hardware, etc).

Dunno what I said to make you feel guilty. Sorry that you upgraded to play a lot of throw-a-way games, that you hopefully enjoyed? Really a non issue here, but clearly have some ongoing drama, and that looks to be the source of the issue.

Edited by Blodhemn

Dunno what I said to make you feel guilty. Sorry that you upgraded to play a lot of throw-a-way games, that you hopefully enjoyed? Really a non issue here, but clearly have some ongoing drama, and that looks to be the source of the issue.

"Throw-away games" by your standard, (in reality better written, better developed games with more love.) I'd be scared to ask what your particular definition of "keepers" would be. My definitions of keepers would be Nier: Automata, Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen, Super Meat Boy among others. Feel free to tell me how they are throw-away games (of you've even played these) vs the overrated nostalgic crap we tend to so highly covet and tote as "revolutionary to the industry". As games took lower steps to progress the industry then, they are taking huge leaps now. This goes with any and every characteristic of a game whether graphics, writing, story, sound, music and so on. We can pretend this isn't real only if we possess the great occultic mindset of "I grew up with this so therefore it's the best - I had some great times with that one!" And the like. Personalized memories and preference does not affect the truth to state in reality and what is happening in the world around us.

Anyway, I don't feel guilty at all, what gave you that impression? There's no guilt for me to feel in just telling the truth and nothing more. If the rest of/majority the forum believes it is about opinion or somehow I am out of place just because they're older, doesn't mean any one of them is right. Hell, I was alive in the "golden era" of gaming so it's not like I do jot know, regardless of how a few members may wish that would be true. Do I feel attacked? Nah. It's all good, the evolution within the gaming industry whether writing, hardware, games and art-styles is a reality. Cyberpunk 2077 by most member's authority in mindset os the perfect example of this - IF they actually believe it is as good as they think it will be. Hehe :p

Same can be said with hardware, but that's even more troublesome variables. Most people still expect a modern game to support DX9 or an older game to support Win 8.1/10 or Win 10 to be compatible with some older games. Whatever the case, sometimes this delusion even stems from entitlement. I mean, I have my 9800 Pro 256mb agp and X800 XL with 512mb agp as well, I don't expect nor want developers to comply to those low standards in the games industry today, no matter how legendary they once were. Legacy means nothing today, as it shouldn't.

Edited by SonicMage117

This SCUM game seems to be the new hotness of Twitch:

Seems a bit late to the party, the survival game craze kind of petered out about a year and a half ago and everyone has moved on to making battle royale games destined to be popular for a week then disappear when everyone just goes back to Fortnite.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"Throw-away games" by your standard, (in reality better written, better developed games with more love.) I'd be scared to ask what your particular definition of "keepers" would be. My definitions of keepers would be Nier: Automata, Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen, Super Meat Boy among others. Feel free to tell me how they are throw-away games (of you've even played these) vs the overrated nostalgic crap we tend to so highly covet and tote as "revolutionary to the industry". As games took lower steps to progress the industry then, they are taking huge leaps now. This goes with any and every characteristic of a game whether graphics, writing, story, sound, music and so on. We can pretend this isn't real only if we possess the great occultic mindset of "I grew up with this so therefore it's the best - I had some great times with that one!" And the like. Personalized memories and preference does not affect the truth to state in reality and what is happening in the world around us.

Anyway, I don't feel guilty at all, what gave you that impression? There's no guilt for me to feel in just telling the truth and nothing more. If the rest of/majority the forum believes it is about opinion or somehow I am out of place just because they're older, doesn't mean any one of them is right. Hell, I was alive in the "golden era" of gaming so it's not like I do jot know, regardless of how a few members may wish that would be true. Do I feel attacked? Nah. It's all good, the evolution within the gaming industry whether writing, hardware, games and art-styles is a reality. Cyberpunk 2077 by most member's authority in mindset os the perfect example of this - IF they actually believe it is as good as they think it will be. Hehe :p

Same can be said with hardware, but that's even more troublesome variables. Most people still expect a modern game to support DX9 or an older game to support Win 8.1/10 or Win 10 to be compatible with some older games. Whatever the case, sometimes this delusion even stems from entitlement. I mean, I have my 9800 Pro 256mb agp and X800 XL as well, I don't expect nor want developers to comply to those low standards in the games industry today, no matter how legendary they once were. Legacy means nothing today, as it shouldn't.

To be honest, I'm not even going to read all of that. It's a non issue, or should be. I see games today designed behind better tools and coders, not so much designers or writers, though a an exception will always exist. Yup, that's about it. 

Some people just do not understand, that even if you give newest Unreal engine to bunch of monkeys, that it does not mean, that they will be able to produce better games than the Docs in the 90's.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

This SCUM game seems to be the new hotness of Twitch:

-video-

Seems a bit late to the party, the survival game craze kind of petered out about a year and a half ago and everyone has moved on to making battle royale games destined to be popular for a week then disappear when everyone just goes back to Fortnite.

There is still an audience for these kind of games, not one as big as for moba, but still an audience.

To be honest, I'm not even going to read all of that. It's a non issue, or should be. I see games today designed behind better tools and coders, not so much designers or writers, though a an exception will always exist. Yup, that's about it.

Most games today are simply victims of trying to appeal to the largest audience possible. That severely hampers any effort for a complex story.

• Like 3

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Yes, you won't read it because you won't dare to answer!! Let us be irrational by vaguely pretending that there wasn't the same ratio of trash then as now to prove our point. The efforts are the same, just as many of the mechanics. Why do we continue to tell one side of the story? I forot, some people here still proclaim IE games had more depth in story-wroting than modern rpg's, if that doesn't doesn't tell us everything, I'm not sure what will. Nevermind the fact that gaming industry literally almost died back in your hay-day before Nintendo saved it with Donkey Kong and Mario. It was a perfect set-up for better days ahead, still the industry is much MUCH better now than it was ever. Let us also relplace those faulty expansion discs with something like The Witcher 3's dlc. Some people here won't admit that, even when it's proven but that's not all...

I will say that I will only continue to defend nostalgia where it's needed but there must be a valid reason behind that defense. Making up some "alternative facts" because we are older, isn't anything to consider serious. For that, I will concur that nostalgia allows us to be manipulated and blindsided by the industry, take even micro-transactions on mobile games for instance, in most cases purely driven by the desires of nostalgic cult - as it were (8-bit mode, 8-bit skin, 8-bit ost now for just $xx.xx to experience at your own leisure. Thank good ole Uncle Sam that we can experience the music on YouTube though). Hehe :D

For that, I will concur that nostalgia allows us to be manipulated and blindsided by the industry, take even micro-transactions on mobile games for instance, in most cases purely driven by the desires of nostalgic cult - as it were (8-bit mode, 8-bit skin, 8-bit ost now for just $xx.xx to experience at your own leisure. Thank good ole Uncle Sam that we can experience the music on YouTube though). Hehe :D

Wait, nostalgia feeds microtransactions on mobile games ?

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Yes indeedy, yes indeedly-do, yes of course, for retro induced/targeted audience on the items I mentioned.

Hm, I guess I will have to look at some mobile games. Didn't think many would play on nostalgia. Well, actual nostalgia, not crap like 20 year olds harking back to games they've never played :p

• Like 1

I agree lol Too many!

I used to have a few copies in the giveaway thread but I think they've all been claimed by now. I still have HunieCam Studio though if anyone is interested

Dang, I bought that one not long ago!.... fun game btw.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What sorcery is this??? :p