RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

I doubt Boyarsky made D3 look like Warcraft, especially when you look at the games he was art directing at Interplay and Troika. Blizzard have taken their Warcraft philosophy and applied it to all their franchises not just D3.

Still have to replay D2 to see this amazing story people are telling me it had.

Just watch the cutscenes on Youtube, you don't get much story in game, it's compelling character and world design, with a story outline the same way Castlevania or Half-Life is, there's actually not too much narrative because it's a game and you play it. It works if you let your gameplay journey be the story.

well Diablo 1 have very limited cutscenes but story was kinda nice (but really simple) but most of it was from ingame chat and books you found

thats force me to post this again:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I doubt Boyarsky made D3 look like Warcraft, especially when you look at the games he was art directing at Interplay and Troika. Blizzard have taken their Warcraft philosophy and applied it to all their franchises not just D3.

Just watch the cutscenes on Youtube, you don't get much story in game, it's compelling character and world design, with a story outline the same way Castlevania or Half-Life is, there's actually not too much narrative because it's a game and you play it. It works if you let your gameplay journey be the story.

I've played the game before, was more wondering if I was missing something as everyone in a paroxysm of rage post the D:I announcement said it had a complex storyline and was deep.  Felt it was a shade better than D3, minus D3's villains - minus Diablo's - idiocy.

Then again, same people seriously state D3 has no dark elements in its presentation, so perhaps I am wasting time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've played the game before, was more wondering if I was missing something as everyone in a paroxysm of rage post the D:I announcement said it had a complex storyline and was deep.  Felt it was a shade better than D3, minus D3's villains - minus Diablo's - idiocy.

Then again, same people seriously state D3 has no dark elements in its presentation, so perhaps I am wasting time.

The Diablo games are all pretty shallow storywise, it has some great cut-scenes though and is pretty stylish. It's a simple story told well but I doubt many people could make a strong case for it being complex compared to other RPGs that are out there.

Edited by Serrano

If I may,

(Here's your chance to say in your head "No you may not!")

No Diablo game was particularly good looking, even at the time of it's original release but D3's bright scheme didn't seem very Diablo at all. Visually, it seemed like a lesser Torchlight. Something to think about hehe

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Time to break up the thread a bit... more stuff here :skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein