RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

It's disrespectful to fans, how?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If a game does not get the proper reveal that was planned, it's quite disrespectful to all who have waited patiently as equally all who are involved, imagine the big reveal squandered by a petty article or YouTube video.

Kinda like the weak audio leak for Cyberpunk 2077 which was just a publicity trap for that "journalist". To all of us who await such games, it's not too kind. To me, it's no different from spoilers being touted about.

Perhaps not the best example but still a very good one as comparitively, it's the same:

Journalist brags about illegally recording audio in press conference then complains about how he got in legal trouble. Blames his fans for telling him in the comments to leak the audio "So I did" :EyeRoll:

My favorite is "It's just audio" lol As if audio wasn't as crucial as video in modern gaming....

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

If a game does not get the proper reveal that was planned, it's quite disrespectful to all who have waited patiently as equally all who are involved, imagine the big reveal squandered by a petty article or YouTube video.

Yeah I'm not convinced that is disrespect to the fans or that any fans exist who revere official announcements.   Purpose of a reveal is to find out the information, the method of which is irrelevant to the consumer.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I really hope so :)

It's pretty much Microsoft's best exclusive game, though the most underappreciated as well (Microsoft doesn't know how to market).

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Expected D1 remaster, joked about the mobile game, heh.

Edited by Malcador

WC3 is my favorite game ever. Late nights with Dota, tower defense, 4v4 arranged team games, toying with the world editor, clan wars...so many good memories.

I really hope they'll manage to preserve the gameplay in a good way. Played the Rexxar campaign the other day, it's incredible how smooth the gameplay is. Unit boxing, camera movement...everything is so ridiculously polished.

Edited by Thingolfin
  • Like 2

WC3 is my favorite game ever. Late nights with Dota, tower defense, 4v4 arranged team games, toying with the world editor, clan wars...so many good memories.

I really hope they'll manage to preserve the gameplay in a good way. Played the Rexxar campaign the other day, it's incredible how smooth the gameplay is. Unit boxing, camera movement...everything is so ridiculously polished.

Just pointing out: "reimagined". Don't set yourself up for disappointment...

• Like 1

Am I the only one here excited for Artifact?

I am not into 'card games'. I've tried the card mini games in New Vegas and Witcher 3 but couldn't figure out how to play either of them.

Thronebreaker might change that but I hear that Gwent plays pretty much the same way as it did in Witcher 3.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

can't believe someone actually pay to see 24 hours of ads for such trash as mobile games, master level of PR

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Whenever Blizzard worked with another company and delivered something unwanted and not up to Blizzard standards, like WarCraft Adventures or StarCraft Ghost, Blizzard has had the integrity to cancel it. Here's the test for them - if this makes it live, we'll know once and for all it's no longer Blizzard calling the shots but ActiVision.

This won't be cancelled. The risk to profit margins are much better and the mobile demographics have entirely different expectations. More will buy the game to partake in the flavor of the month than to be a patronage to a developer with prior clout.

Blizzard corporate though is clearly out of touch with the core fan-base and the culture of their own conventions.

Anything with the Blizzard or the Warcraft name will sell like hotcakes, even if it's really bad quality or poorly developed.

LoL xD

• Like 8

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Should have known by the reaction to no D4 that this was going to not be nice. Then again reaction was sort of stupid, claiming an assumption not being true was a lie.

Ah well, will be fun to watch screeching in r/diablo :)

Eh, RSG wasn't trying to be snarky with his.