RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Correction: Still hasn't started development.

Please excuse my pettyness over being to optimistic. It will never happen again!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Are Valve saving Half-Life 3 for VR or have they just stopped caring at all.

As it stands (one never knows) it's not even in the cards. There were some projects in that direction but none of them were good enough so they all got canned. At this point Valve's thinking (and I tend to agree) is that nothing they could release would live up to the hype that has built up over all these years.

Fwiw the (or "a") draft for the Half Life 2: Episode 3 storyline was "leaked" by the (one of the?) writer(s) (who is no longer at Valve) so you could read up as to what at least that person had planned for Episode 3.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Appropriately crap music. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Are Valve saving Half-Life 3 for VR or have they just stopped caring at all.

As it stands (one never knows) it's not even in the cards. There were some projects in that direction but none of them were good enough so they all got canned. At this point Valve's thinking (and I tend to agree) is that nothing they could release would live up to the hype that has built up over all these years.

Fwiw the (or "a") draft for the Half Life 2: Episode 3 storyline was "leaked" by the (one of the?) writer(s) (who is no longer at Valve) so you could read up as to what at least that person had planned for Episode 3.

Yup, Marc Laidlaw was the final nail in the coffin. What sad end to one of the most beloved franchises ever.

With Blizzard announcing a mobile game, Fallout 76 being the disaster that it is and Sony delivering a half-arsed PS One Classic, I wonder if a golden age of gaming is upon us. :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

back to big stompy robits

September 10th, 2019

If Cyberpunk releases anywhere near that date I'm going to throw such a hissyfit. ;(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

September 10th, 2019

If Cyberpunk releases anywhere near that date I'm going to throw such a hissyfit. ;(

The loan CDPR received from the Polish government states that the game has to release before either June or July of 2019.

• Like 3

September 10th, 2019

The loan CDPR received from the Polish government states that the game has to release before either June or July of 2019.

Nice. I could use a good reason to stay indoors come summer.

September 10th, 2019

Nice. I could use a good reason to stay indoors come summer.

When the time comes I will return to my previous form: a mushroom.

He's an artist right? Wiki says Senior World Designer. Diablo 3's world wasn't so bad, but the story sucked and the game design was lead astray. I think Boyarsky probably contributed one of the more successful facets of that game.

art direction of D3? :x

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yup. Back then people seemed to complain about it a whole lot less.

really?

https://www.diablowiki.net/Art_controversy

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I think Boyarsky probably contributed one of the more successful facets of that game.

Or that's just what you want to think. 

Still have to replay D2 to see this amazing story people are telling me it had.  Found it about the same level of interesting as D3's, at least from memory.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still have to replay D2 to see this amazing story people are telling me it had.

Speaking of which...

I should have a D2 disc buried somewhere. I might give it a whirl if I can get off my ass and dig it up.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.