RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Did they made these videos because they expected their fans to get up the fence once the news breaks? So now they do this fancy PR talk to keep folks calm?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've heard way to much bull**** today.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I honestly couldn't be happier for Obsidian right now. I'm really excited for their future, they finally took a risk and I hope it pays off grately. I want to see some non-Crpg's from them.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Thank goodness joining the Microsoft family will provide inXile (and presumably Obsidian) with dedicated focus groups.  As we're all keenly aware, focus groups are the key to maintaining creative vision.

200.gif

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

True, I mean I've never seen focus groups doing bad for a developer unless there's something I don't know (i.e focus groups are the illuminate controlling everything thr developer does).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

https://youtu.be/PefK3KubKKI

LOL Blizzard climbing up in the world, trollin fans :p

On this episode of how to burn off all of your goodwill with fans in two weeks...
Hah. Saying our "best developers" definitely is some sales department BS. Living that life now.

I would have said marketing, but I'm curious to hear what department you belong to. I'm design BTW.

I guess our sales is marketing, but have heard the pitches given where our best devs will do X when it will just be who is free at the time. Also screws us with over commitment, but eh.

I do L3 support. Well ok technically L1,L2 and L3 and dev.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also the biggest movie influence is not Mad Max, it's A Boy and His Dog. If you didn't care to look into the lore or immerse yourself in the world of the original Fallout games then you're not going to miss it when it's gone.

The art department had Mad Max running on continuous loop. The Mysterious Stranger is essentially Mad Max himself—almost ;).

[*This is not to fully disagree though...]

Edited by Gizmo

I honestly couldn't be happier for Obsidian right now. I'm really excited for their future, they finally took a risk and I hope it pays off grately. I want to see some non-Crpg's from them.

Armored Warfare

Pathfinder Adventures

Skyforge

and the Dungeon Seige game was an action RPG

Free games updated 3/4/21

On this episode of how to burn off all of your goodwill with fans in two weeks...
Hah. Saying our "best developers" definitely is some sales department BS. Living that life now.
I would have said marketing, but I'm curious to hear what department you belong to. I'm design BTW.

I guess our sales is marketing, but have heard the pitches given where our best devs will do X when it will just be who is free at the time. Also screws us with over commitment, but eh.

I'd be impressed if the sales/marketing department in most companies even knows the devs, and in the event they do I'd be even more impressed they'd be able to tell a bad one from a good one.

Yeah, that seems to be the dynamics of corporate life. Ours is more chaotic so departments work with each other as well as against each other and key figures can screw it all for everyone. Sales are always the golden boys; which makes sense, but they seem to take that as being entitled to your unmitigated attention without any regard for what your workload is. I really hate cleaning other people's messes specially from a department I don't like.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

That video sure could have been shorter.  Not sure what is with the Diablo people freaking out this much over a game they're not going to play.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Thank goodness joining the Microsoft family will provide inXile (and presumably Obsidian) with dedicated focus groups.  As we're all keenly aware, focus groups are the key to maintaining creative vision."

if inxile make Hunted 2 i'll buy it on release

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hunted: The Demon's Forge is why I backed Wasteland 2 on kickstarter.  The only other game I'd played by InXile at that point was 2004's The Bard's Tale, which I didn't like.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I liked both. really nice little games.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I imagine if you could get into the humour of The Bards Tale 2004 it'd be fun, but it just didn't work for me. I still beat it - it wasn't a poorly made game. Just not for me, ultimately.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Most importantly: Spider-Man, God Of War, Red Dead Redemption 2 are contenders for multiple awards, including GOTY.

Less importantly:

Deadfire is in the nominees for best Role Playing Game, pretty sweet!

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/11/13/the-game-awards-2018-nominations-announced?abthid=5beb25bd9a05a9517d000798&fbclid=IwAR3p6CIidmc8FtzevzsR_8Ssbti_n25MH-IUSEJ1X7EX6LGJbSuudpyrzrc

This year IGN did awesome, gotta give em credit!

• Like 1

Best "Multiplayer Game"

UT99 should win that handily.

• Like 2

But then UT2004 and UT2008 happened :( and people blamed consoles for them being horrible (even though it had nothing to do with consoles, it was the inclusion of vehicles).

UT2003, UT2004 wasn't even on consoles and there was were modes without vehicles. Also UT2004 is still beloved by fans, maybe it wasn't a classic like UT99, but it wasn't a bad game. UT3 was horrible because of consoles with gameplay designed for the slower, less precise console FPS. It was a ****ty port of a console game, where the other UT games were made for PC.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot