RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Hmmm... Riddle me this!

How isn't it? Worse use of non-Denuvo drm requires periodic authenticity/verification checks in order to play offline, hackers in mp, these are just a couple issues, if course. I'm all for anti-piracy software but GTA5 is one of the very rare cases that anti-piracy software is actually anti-consumer and can keep the player from game. Worst of all is that there is no fix for it, we have a few fake "fixes" floating around but every one has been successfully debunked.

Port itself wasn't shoddy though, was surprised at the hardware people were running it on - much different than GTA 4 if I recall. Certainly didn't require me to do things like fiddle with core usage to finish the game, like 4 did.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't think I need to say anything here...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Red Dead Redemption 2 has made over $725 Million in sales in its first 3 days and is well over by now. No other game in history comes close.

And no, I doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will bypass these results - if you want to bet me, we'll see about that.

And another no... I doubt not releasing on pc at the same point would dent the sales in consequence.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

And no, I doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will bypass these results - if you want to bet me, we'll see about that.

Does anyone really care?

Rockstar should force their workers not to do crunch. They have the money, unlike other companies, they can easily do this.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Is there anything fun to do in that game though besides staring at your horse's testicles

It's very slow paced but yeah, for being a Ubisoft open world type of game, it has more depth than your average Crpg/aRpg. It helps that the story is written well and the voice acting is top notch. If you don't want a game that has great story, alot of depth and alot of content with mechanics you have to learn, this isn't the game for you. It's the most detailed and lively open world to date so it certainly deserves the hype and the sales, a rare thing.

Of course, this is the quality and return of investment we can come to expect when you take 8 years to develop your game instead of 1 or 2 years like most devs/publishers are doing.

Edited by SonicMage117

Apparently the PC port (Wait, what?) of Fallout 76 is garbage. Note that this video is mostly about the game's underpinnings (though the second half touches on the gameplay)

So a typical Bethesda game without the ability to fix it through modding for at least a year after release.

Kinda shocking to see SkillUp go off on a game like this tbh, he's usually "neutral" to a fault. Which kinda tells me everything I needed to know, honestly.

So yeah, guess all those Youtubers that got wined and dined by Bethesda forgot their credibility at Bethesda's place it would appear.

Edited by marelooke

Apparently the PC port (Wait, what?) of Fallout 76 is garbage. Note that this video is mostly about the game's underpinnings (though the second half touches on the gameplay)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TN0twyQHT4

So a typical Bethesda game without the ability to fix it through modding for at least a year after release.

Kinda shocking to see SkillUp go off on a game like this tbh, he's usually "neutral" to a fault. Which kinda tells me everything I needed to know, honestly.

So yeah, guess all those Youtubers that got wined and dined by Bethesda forgot their credibility at Bethesda's place it would appear.

Its surprising to me that people believe Youtubers are more "credible" than game "journalists". The Youtubers are subject to the same faults as the journalists, if they don't provide favourable coverage then they don't get coverage at all, and even then they are still subject to heavy demonitization and censorship from Google and the Game company.

I don't think I need to say anything here...

That's a World First! :p

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Its surprising to me that people believe Youtubers are more "credible" than game "journalists". The Youtubers are subject to the same faults as the journalists, if they don't provide favourable coverage then they don't get coverage at all, and even then they are still subject to heavy demonitization and censorship from Google and the Game company.

I guess its because at least for me you tubers are much more transparend and you actually know their biases.

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I guess its because at least for me you tubers are much more transparend and you actually know their biases.

I'd say every self-respecting article writing person (not necessarily a 'journalist', whatever that means nowadays) will write his/her name beneath every single article he/she writes, often even with a short blurb about their preferences. All you really have to do is to take note of these to be able to tell their biases.

You don't know either the youtubers or the journalists, so neither's going to be particularly transparent.

That's not to say journalists are somewhat better than Youtubers, it's actually saying they're mostly on par in my eyes - I've got a set of people I trust and find consistent and I follow those.

Yup, pretty much. Doesn't really matter whether you type words or say them out loud. Edited by Fenixp

I'd say every self-respecting article writing person (not necessarily a 'journalist', whatever that means nowadays) will write his/her name beneath every single article he/she writes, often even with a short blurb about their preferences. All you really have to do is to take note of these to be able to tell their biases.

You don't know either the youtubers or the journalists, so neither's going to be particularly transparent.

That's not to say journalists are somewhat better than Youtubers, it's actually saying they're mostly on par in my eyes - I've got a set of people I trust and find consistent and I follow those.

Yup, pretty much. Doesn't really matter whether you type words or say them out loud.

Sorry but I always don't want to make detective story before I know who wrote that particular article. Its just easy for me to stick to individual I know he shares kinda similiar view on games. To each its own I say

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

https://rockstarintel.com/as-expected-youll-be-able-to-buy-properties-in-red-dead-online/

Well, on the bright side they can't sell horses that shoot rockets.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Where's all the old creepy dude's hitting on underage girls?"

"Don't worry, that'll be in the version you buy next year"

LMAO! This game is gonna be awesome :lol:

Also...

Nobody could be a better Witcher. Legit!

So Legolas after this whole ring heist came back to killing monsters for coin and lembas. Legit.

Time to reveal untold story about elf with two bows, one silver for trolls, and the wooden one for normal orcs.

Edited by evilcat

So Legolas after this whole ring heist came back to killing monsters for coin and lembas. Legit.

Time to reveal untold story about elf with two bows, one silver for trolls, and the wooden one for normal orcs.

Doesn't look anything like Legolas to me? Maybe it's the hair that makes you see this.

Perhaps I should mention though, that this is just a first look, not the complete look. Still needs cat eyes, scars, etc. Legolas the lesser elf will look... lesser, in the end.

Edited by SonicMage117

And rightfully so...

They are quite lucky that $1.3M is ALL they had to pay! Lol

Good on Take Two, I like when a pube o two stands up for itself. Like the industry gets goosebumps.

• Like 1

And rightfully so...

Good on Take Two, I like when a pube o two stands up for itself. Like the industry gets goosebumps.

I hope you're being sarcastic.

• Like 4
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

https://youtu.be/cnwRffrGYA0

And rightfully so...

I hope you're being sarcastic.
I'm not. I'm tired of stores and small-time websites leaking game related topics in order to get publicity. It's disresprctful to fans as well as the developers so I do support and love their pubes for this. Someone has to stand to the community.