RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

I wonder if Rockstar is serious about RDR2 never coming to PC. I feel like they must be because 1 didn't, and to tell such a huge lie just to get people to double dip would really hurt their long term trust. I think they must have deals with console makers to keep it exclusive.

Maybe we'll get a RDR2 Remastered that's on the Xbox Too / PS5 / PC...

I always wanted to try Hellgate: London back in the days because people kept saying it was like an fps Diablo. Sadly, I never got to. I might buy it.

I'll wait for GOG release :p

Hellgate is so outdated though. I'd think the Borderlands series or even Zombie Island would do the same thing but better. It's also worth pointing out that all of them, Hellgate included were designed to be at their best as multiplayer games. 

Did they really said that?

I assumed a port was a given, just a long way off.

Well, I wonder how much it'd cost Sony and MS to compensate for the lost microtransactions from the PC market.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I wonder if Rockstar is serious about RDR2 never coming to PC.

It was reported that they said that, but looking it up I'm seeing that it was a mistranslation of a tweet that set off of the articles. So maybe there is still hope.

I thought that it would be coming eventually to pc - like in 5 years lol

Given at how shoddy the pc version of GTAV is and even the fan-base, I kinda understand if it doesn't (despite it's success). Then again, in situations similar to this, I remember Josh Sawyer saying that Pillars 1 would never come to pc in the retrospective interview and look what happened. They brought it to PS4 and XB1 with a better u.i and superior control scheme - thanks to controller unfortunately it's one of the poorest selling PS4/XB1 games in recent history though. (Not saying a PC version of RDR2 would sell badly.)

As both a console and pc owner, pretty glad that pc gamers are just an afterthought to Rockstar Games. I mean, just another reason that validates my purchase against those pesky pc eletists hehe :p

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

How is GTA V's PC edition shoddy ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmmm... Riddle me this!

How isn't it? Worse use of non-Denuvo drm requires periodic authenticity/verification checks in order to play offline, hackers in mp, these are just a couple issues, if course. I'm all for anti-piracy software but GTA5 is one of the very rare cases that anti-piracy software is actually anti-consumer and can keep the player from game. Worst of all is that there is no fix for it, we have a few fake "fixes" floating around but every one has been successfully debunked.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I wonder if Rockstar is serious about RDR2 never coming to PC.

This is just marketing talk, to force you to buy console version for full price now, and then "surprise" PC version for full price again. They found out that it works with GTAV and now they just repeat and reap the profits. *shrugs*

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well, one can argue they did the same with RDR1, which never had a PC release either. But yes, in this case, I'm pretty sure we're going to get a PC version as well.

PS: Cheating also existed (and still exists) in RDR1 multiplayer. So no, this is not just a PC thing. Rockstar never did anything against it on console either, they really don't care.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Ugh, so I bought the PS4 Pro + RDR2 because hype and there is barely any good wild west game in existence. Should arrive in a week or whatever. I've chosen it now because of the other titles that will (very likely) interest me (Bloodborne and The Last of Us 2).

Bought the PS3 around 6 years ago, so I'm hoping this one will have at least the same half-life and I'm praying they don't release yet another "now totally new and much better" PS on the way.

I've read that it is possible to exchange the PS4 (Pro) HDD to a SSD on your own, so I'll see how it goes and keep that as an option.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, one can argue they did the same with RDR1, which never had a PC release either. But yes, in this case, I'm pretty sure we're going to get a PC version as well.

PS: Cheating also existed (and still exists) in RDR1 multiplayer. So no, this is not just a PC thing. Rockstar never did anything against it on console either, they really don't care.

I believe the story was RDR1 had some major coding issues.

Yeah, but who's to say that RDR2 won't have the same issues again? :cat:

I never really got that excuse, since GTAIV used the same engine as RDR.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I think RDR1's code was extremely fragile and juryrigged, further saved at the last minute by a lot of hacks and work arounds that further broke the systematic software architecture that one would ideally write. With a lot of this hackery going towards performance tuning for consoles, particularly the Xbox version which had better profilers provided with it's dev kit.

Ugh, so I bought the PS4 Pro + RDR2 because hype and there is barely any good wild west game in existence. Should arrive in a week or whatever. I've chosen it now because of the other titles that will (very likely) interest me (Bloodborne and The Last of Us 2).

Bought the PS3 around 6 years ago, so I'm hoping this one will have at least the same half-life and I'm praying they don't release yet another "now totally new and much better" PS on the way.

I've read that it is possible to exchange the PS4 (Pro) HDD to a SSD on your own, so I'll see how it goes and keep that as an option.

Current rumors predict a PS5 announcement in 2020.

It seems like you may have missed out on pc gaming for the last few years - We got Gun and Call Of Juarez series, more than good westerns.

But yes. You should be happy with the PS4, this gen already has better exclusives than last and there's still alot of life left for the console.

BTW, Bloodborne is on sale on the PS store right now. You can get the GOTY edition for 18 €.

The most important news this week. Why is it so important?

That's why.

It seems like you may have missed out on pc gaming for the last few years - We got Gun and Call Of Juarez series, more than good westerns.

No I have not, but at this point, these games are old, and they are all kinda same-y. None of these games were able to capture me for longe than barely one playthrough.

Current rumors predict a PS5 announcement in 2020.

That's ok. I bought the PS3 about one year before the PS4 came out and I don't feel like I've missed anything important. Doubt this will change with future console iterations.

Edited by Lexx

I  changed the HDD to SSD just  a few weeks ago. It's very simple.  Plenty of youtube guides too.  Just be careful to download the correct update file from Sony.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I think RDR1's code was extremely fragile and juryrigged, further saved at the last minute by a lot of hacks and work arounds that further broke the systematic software architecture that one would ideally write. With a lot of this hackery going towards performance tuning for consoles, particularly the Xbox version which had better profilers provided with it's dev kit.

That was certainly the (semi) official story, and I don't see any real reason to doubt it. Most Rockstar games have made it to PC, even if later than people would like.

I never really got that excuse, since GTAIV used the same engine as RDR.

GTA IV itself was certainly not without porting troubles and has always suffered from performance issues seemingly both random and systemic. It's not hard to believe that further tinkering with it could render it 'permanently' unstable on PC especially as that was also the days of Cell and Power CPUs in consoles, and they were very significantly different from the x86/64 architecture they and PCs have now.

I'd suspect they had people spend time trying to get it working on PC and making no progress after x months, at which point it went into the too hard basket. OTOH I don't have much doubt that RDR2 will come to PC as there should be fewer porting issues and  GTAV is still one of the perennial best sellers on PC.