RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is pretty stupid, as the chance for female generals to appear is generally *really* low AND it only happens for a few factions. Romans for example will never have female generals spawned.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

*related*
I made a Sonic removal script, so my videogames news page looks like this:

FtCGx3y.png

It does apply to all ignored users, incidentally. You just install Tampermonkey for Chrome (I think Greasemonkey for Firefox is pretty much the same thing) and add a new script which follows:

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Remove ignored users
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  
// @author       You
// @match        http*://forums.obsidian.net/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    var posts = document.getElementsByClassName('post_ignore');
    if(posts.length === 0) return 0;
    var parentNode = posts[0].parentNode.parentNode;
    while(posts.length > 0)
    { 
        parentNode.removeChild(posts[0].parentElement); 
    }
})(); 

'course, only works on users from ignore list and all it really does is remove the 'post is hidden' thingy

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 4

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1044370808657915905

Update by Telltale (or what's left of it).

Apparently people are upset by this as they want the laid off people to get severances instead

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ignore/Block Sonic, I did and you should as well.

That's awesome and I'm happy you feel so accomplished if that's what you want. You're definitely not the first and won't be the last I assure you. And honestly, I'd rather have people block ke or filter me out via Chrome than troll me or tell me what I can/can't post or what I'm interested in. However, one convo/thread does seem petty to block someone over but who am I to judge.

Again though, I'm not looking for approval and my posts aren't for you guys, guess I won't need to use the "spoiler" tag anymore though, if people are going to block me - saves me the trouble, which is why I told people to block me if they had a problem with it in the first place :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Who are your posts for, then, if not the users of this forum ?

Man, I miss oby.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Myself mainly, I like to write.

Not sure why you and others insist that one must make posts for members and granting a response from them?

I've already gotten to know you guys or somewhat your tastes or lack of so if not for myself, then guests. You gotta remember that this part of the forum gets the smallest traction of members ad is viewed moreso by general guests/non-members so it's common sense that I'm not BS'ing lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Myself mainly, I like to write.

Not sure why you and others insist that one must make posts for members and granting a response from them?

I've already gotten to know you guys or somewhat your tastes or lack of so if not for myself, then guests. You gotta remember that this part of the forum gets the smallest traction of members ad is viewed moreso by general guests/non-members so it's common sense that I'm not BS'ing lol

Well, posting for members' benefit and getting response is the chief purpose of a forum - behind providing a setting to abuse other people easily. So it seems strange to spam a board gratify one's self alone, and if you like to write but just for yourself, you can write a novel or blog.

Also bugger off of Sonic. This thread would be almost dead without him so let him do his thing.

This thread was consistently one of the top threads in this forum, before sonic was even a part of this forum, it needs no help. Either way I have said my piece and will not bother any longer. As Fenixp's has already showed there are ways to deal with this, but I would rather not.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

That's a good point and I like it, I like where you are coming from but there are a few things of constant around here that bother me with a grain of salt (excuse my poor English).

Firstly, it isn't and never was spamming, no matter how many members try to pass it off as so, labeling something a wrong definition just because one does not like the way of how it goes about does not give the rightaway apply a changed definition. Video spamming is linking to the same direct video multiple times, comment spamming is copying and pasting the same text as the prior.

I'd say secondly, there really isn't a benefit for the forum serving the same old 20-25 members who come to this section, is there? How else does one forum grow but to do differently? The small number of regulars that get on this thread a day is hardly a thing to be concerned for my pleasing, just as people think about me. The only benefit here is to change things up, to bring in new blood by doing things differently, people generally don't like change and I understand that.

And then there's the typical reactions that occur like today, I know that burdens me with hearing the irrational excuse of "Sonic, those reactions were only given because you wouldn't stop." But think about how bad those members who were trolling make the forum look on the outside world, I don't make the forum look bad at any hand and that is mainly due to the fact that people (as in the outsiders) want to see videos on a forum, people want to see or learn about something new that they haven't seen before. And I don't think they would feel very welcome knowing and seeing that one of our own is attacked so dumbly no other reason than by making relevant posts.

In short, there is nothing abusive about my posting behavior. The small amount of members just don't like the style in which I do so. I promised you all I would never leave you last year and so I stayed to bless you but I also said somewhere around that time that I wasn't looking for validations, replys or anything of the nature that leads to a conversation. If I have to call somewhere home it would probably be Facebook groups, in which I do post for other's feedback, responses and genuinely care for comversation - probably because it's not just a ranom avatar and people use their real names, etc. but still I am here for the very reason I originally stated and since you all welcomed me in the very beginning (which I am eternally gratful for), I stay, I am simply and forever one with you all which is how I wish to be for the remainder of my days.

Edit:

Also, I hope I am not sounding rude or cold by that, I am just being bluntly honest so I can connect to you as clear as possible - probably doing a horrid job as of now anyway.

Edited by SonicMage117

I am skeptical you are bringing in new blood by posting vast amounts of videos, usually we depend on Obsidian announcing a new game or something to get that. Also the Obsidian forums are pretty small on the landscape of Internet forums so no worry about the users getting a reputation when there's places like Reddit/4chan/SA/Codex out there.

• Like 1

But the customs script made me lol. :thumbsup:

Well having half the screen covered by rows saying "Post is hidden" is pretty annoying

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

More proof this forum software is a POS :p

• Like 1

I am skeptical you are bringing in new blood by posting vast amounts of videos, usually we depend on Obsidian announcing a new game or something to get that. Also the Obsidian forums are pretty small on the landscape of Internet forums so no worry about the users getting a reputation when there's places like Reddit/4chan/SA/Codex out there.

I didn't say I was but let's face it, this part of the forums rarely see new blood for a reason. I think it highly unlikely that my posts would repel new members as it seems to be with older members.

As for Reddit, Twitter and all of those, to be honest I like niche terrortories such as this more. I've been on the others before, it's far more of a toxic environment. I like the more laid back sites :)

Well having half the screen covered by rows saying "Post is hidden" is pretty annoying

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hell yeah, if you have the skills, use them! Did you also cut out signatures, avatars and badges?
Does it hide the content when someone else quotes the person who was the target cut out/blocked comment?

Life finds a way.

My bad English fails again^^^

Edited by SonicMage117

Ahhh so the quote still shows up as I suspected, I guess nothing is ever 100% reliable, but why are you guys dragging this off-topic stuff on when at least my comments were on topic?

Edited by SonicMage117