RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

It's for sale for the low low cost of a lifetime of haircair products for the Caen brothers?

They've systematically sold off anything with any residual worth so it can hardly cost much. They can't really claim the name even has any Goodwill left to it and the revenue stream must be near literally half a dozen people buying Citizen Kabuto every other GOG/ Steam sale...

• Like 1

I'm still annoyed they bought the Freespace IP for $7500.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The only thing people need protecting from is governments. It is the height of patronizing arrogance to be telling people what is best for them. I hope a whole bunch of corporations simply stop doing business in these countries and the home countries of those corporations retaliate by counter-banning business originating from these countries.

Yeah, you obviously don't know about asbestos or lead piping

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I agree with the first comment lmao The game looks boring and intriguing at the same time. Rare deal but it DOES happen.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I thought he was going to retire?

Played BT4 for a bit. It's a very inXile launch. Best bring some patience, this is going to be the usual patching rodeo.

At this point I'd just consider that a regular launch, given how the general attitude in the industry seems to be "release now, patch later".

A studio would need a very good track record for me to even consider playing on day one (and that even goes for expansions in most MMOs as far as I'm concerned. Eg. I lately have only been playing the previous Living World episode in GW2 when the latest one is released)

Which actually makes me wonder how many people just don't pre-order because they assume the game will be a broken mess at launch and not just out of opposition to the pre-order incentive circus...

I do not preorder just because of this one reason. Only few Japanese games, where the track record of the publisher is still positive in this regard. For any western game, I just wait for GOTY edition or year or two for fully patched game. The only exception for nostalgic reasons is Obsidian, where I am willing to support some of their products on day 1, due to being for niche audience, which I am part of. But still wait some time to see the game patched enough before playing them.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sorry for spamming again with lootboxes, but Australia just published study, which has so far the harshest words on connection of lootboxes to gambling addiction, and also debunked the ever so popular comparison to baseball cards or kinder surprise eggs. Interesting times indeed.

• Like 4

Sorry for spamming again with lootboxes, but Australia just published study, which has so far the harshest words on connection of lootboxes to gambling addiction, and also debunked the ever so popular comparison to baseball cards or kinder surprise eggs. Interesting times indeed.

Oooh, ouch. So conclusion: either lootboxes induce gambling, or, alternatively, they prey on the weak. If one needed any more evidence that these companies are just downright evil then here you go.

I wonder what the effects of this are going to be in Australia? How likely is the government to act on this, and to what extent? I know Australia is already...famous...for its censorship so I guess this might be really bad news for EA and ilk?

I also wonder whether knowingly exploiting people's vices is something that these companies (and the people involved) could get prosecuted for? I mean, these people reserved their tickets to hell when they sold their souls (or whatever the equivalent is in their respective religions), so that ain't something we gotta worry about "up here", but stopping them from doing further harm in this life would definitely be nice.

• Like 1

PS1 Mini announced, will be $99

Includes 20 games, usb powered, hdmi output.

Jumping Flash and Ridge Racer Type 4... I already want one. Who cares aboutanytying else on it? Lol

https://kotaku.com/sony-just-announced-the-99-playstation-classic-console-1829159574

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I should've just posted this lol Sorry (if I edit the former post, preview box will not initiate).

Apparently Goldman Sachs is predicting Overwatch expansion and Diablo 4 at Blizzcon this year.  But that is probably them feeding off talk on places like Reddit, as there is very likely something Diablo related coming at Blizzcon. 

Diablo 4 with loot boxes, somehow :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't pre-order because it makes zero sense from a consumer standpoint.

In 99% of the cases you are right. But because of how some genres are very niche in Slovakia, and If you do not buy that kind of game on release date, it can take up to three weeks to get new copy in the shops here. Sometimes they are not able to get PEGI versions anymore after the first week. So for these reasons, I prefer to preorder these games.

Digital games, I never preorder. I’ll buy them only for PC and only DRM free, when I feel, that I’d like to play them soon.

• Like 1

Apparently Goldman Sachs is predicting Overwatch expansion and Diablo 4 at Blizzcon this year.  But that is probably them feeding off talk on places like Reddit, as there is very likely something Diablo related coming at Blizzcon. 

Diablo 4 with loot boxes, somehow :lol:

Not sure I'd be happy with current Blizzards take on Diablo 4. I think they've realized their err with 3, but I think a lot of the other facets that failed to grip the more hardcore audience mean little to them now. It's all about casting the widest net and enabling social play that goes viral among a young crowed with disposable free time.

• Like 1

In 99% of the cases you are right. But because of how some genres are very niche in Slovakia, and If you do not buy that kind of game on release date, it can take up to three weeks to get new copy in the shops here. Sometimes they are not able to get PEGI versions anymore after the first week. So for these reasons, I prefer to preorder these games.

Digital games, I never preorder. I’ll buy them only for PC and only DRM free, when I feel, that I’d like to play them soon.

Yeah, for physical goods, particularly limited supply items, pre-ordering may be the only way to get the item, or get it in a timely manner, but for digital goods there is no incentive to pre-order whatsoever, besides the trinkets AAA Publishers try to tempt you with. In most cases, you can wait for reviews to come out a day or two before launch, make your decision then, and STILL get the pre-order bonus trinkets.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-2-will-have-online-multiplayer-like-gta-online/

And it'll be the sluggish, monetized to hell wasteland that is GTA Online too :p

The real Theme Hospital successor?

Check out the gameplay

Or... just read the comments lol

This looks kinda boring...

Trump and Clinton are Pinata NPC's in Spider-Man PS4. Yes, these are what the actual nps's in the game look like.

Spider-Man is as of now. The best looking exclusive title or game in general that I've played.

I'm the typical sucker they count on for preorders. I jump aboard far too many hype trains, I just can't help myself in some cases, it seems. Sometimes I even preorder just 'cause I like some trinket, and at other times, I'm lazy, so I just wanna secure the season pass (otherwise I forget - but, yeah, in a way I buy the truly complete game in advance, as it were - a bit idiotic) or secure some early access to some part of the game they're deliberately withholding from their customers.

Still, if I lump together all the crazy Kickstarter games I've backed and pit those against all the games I've preordered, and then look at the amount of unadulterated fun playing aforementioned games, the preordered library of games wins, hands down, so I'll keep preordering, but I rarely ever back anything KS-related.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm the typical sucker they count on for preorders.

Same here.

I must've pre-purchased over 200 digital games in my lifetime. I've never been disappointed once but that's because I always researched enough to know exactly what I was getting. You can always find non-spoiler gameplay videos of people playing the release build a while before the game releases.

For rpg's it's a bit different, so many things that can go wrong. I only really backed Deadfire because well, I enjoyed Pillars religious affirmations. I loved it. Backing can be a form of pre-purchase if you're funding is enough to reward uou the game, it's the real gamble.

• Like 1