Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Majesty Gold HD.

What?

• Malcador and melkathi like this

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7459 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Noticed the squad mates in one Delta Force mission were Mother and Preacher.  Wonder if someone went on to work on Medal of Honor.  Not a bad game, really is the precursor to Modern Warfare style. 

Finally started up Phantom Doctrine as well, but only done one mission so far.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11142 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Spider-Man got delivered today, so I've just been messing around with it.  Very early in.

A couple of things:

1-Where are the side missions to do in the open world?  Only missions that seem to show up are the yellow-dot main missions.

2-In combat, I can't seem to find the button/control to focus on a single enemy.  So I'm constantly swinging the right stick around trying to locate new enemies.  One of the things I found made the Batman combat easier was you could select to target one enemy and the camera would focus on that one.

• SonicMage117 likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2355 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

A couple of things:
1-Where are the side missions to do in the open world? Only missions that seem to show up are the yellow-dot main missions.
2-In combat, I can't seem to find the button/control to focus on a single enemy. So I'm constantly swinging the right stick around trying to locate new enemies. One of the things I found made the Batman combat easier was you could select to target one enemy and the camera would focus on that one.

1. They open up later, as you progess. This is an open world system that's based off of/inspired by Lego Marvel games. The side-missions will be blue. As you progress in the main game, you will unlock more side-missions or if you progress fastly, you will unlock the side-missions after you complete one. It basically works as a secondary campaign in that way.
2. There is no lock-on button, it's pretty much where ever you're facing you'll hit but you can do a slow-mo manual targeting thing by holding the left-trigger (L2) down

Hope this helps, have fun! :)
  • GhostofAnakin likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11142 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, I finally saw my first side mission.

The characters are taking me a while to get used to because I've always been more of a Batman comic fan, so I'm not all that familiar with the various Spider-Man lore (I know who Kingpin is, though).

• SonicMage117 likes this

shock

shock

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Sometimes Agar.io and EVE Online. When I have more time I also like shoot somebody in CS

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 844 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I think I'll be putting playing Bard's Tale 4 off until Friday when inXile's first promised patch with much needed improvements hits.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5220 posts

A bit more Stellaris. I think there's a good chance that I'll be getting the War in Heaven, so I'm kinda tempted to go full Eldar and make a bargain with The End of the Cycle to shut them down preemptively. I just entered the mid-game and am well ahead but I have bad memories from the last time I tried to resist being press-ganged by a FE. From the event's description, it looks like one isn't supposed to recover from that, but since it doesn't actually show a game over screen, well...

Anyway, does anyone know if the different computers (artillery, line, etc) do anything more than provide flat bonuses? Looks like regardless of the described behavior, all ships only have one speed, one gear: GO, which means every battle devolves into a massive knife fight past the opening volleys.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8901 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

NHL '19 is pretty slick. I haven't bought one in years, and it seems like they've made some pretty big improvement in all the modes across the board.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2355 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
The biggest thing though, is the new skating system. What an aromic heap! I also like that you can have outside games now too. The backgrounds of the mountains are nice and jubileus :)

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 844 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

A bit more Stellaris. I think there's a good chance that I'll be getting the War in Heaven, so I'm kinda tempted to go full Eldar and make a bargain with The End of the Cycle to shut them down preemptively. I just entered the mid-game and am well ahead but I have bad memories from the last time I tried to resist being press-ganged by a FE. From the event's description, it looks like one isn't supposed to recover from that, but since it doesn't actually show a game over screen, well...

Anyway, does anyone know if the different computers (artillery, line, etc) do anything more than provide flat bonuses? Looks like regardless of the described behavior, all ships only have one speed, one gear: GO, which means every battle devolves into a massive knife fight past the opening volleys.

You're not really supposed to recover from the covenant but it is possible under the right conditions. It's fun to see but it can end with an instant game over after the time runs out.

As far as the computers go, yeah, they're supposed to define the ship's role. It works better with some than others. Now I don't really know what sort of fleet compositions the current patch favors but in the past the game essentially came down to spamming evasion capped torpedo corvettes at your enemies. If that's still the case then you can only pick from one type of computer anyway. ;)

• Skazz likes this

Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 258 posts

This time it's going far better x)

He kept rolling Luck, Dex and Int on level up, but I don't complain. It's useful.

Ll2uU2Y.png

Almost done with first dungeon, as well. 

• the_dog_days likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2355 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah, I finally saw my first side mission.

The characters are taking me a while to get used to because I've always been more of a Batman comic fan, so I'm not all that familiar with the various Spider-Man lore (I know who Kingpin is, though).

Let us know what you think :)

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11142 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

NHL '19 is pretty slick. I haven't bought one in years, and it seems like they've made some pretty big improvement in all the modes across the board.

I gave up on that series because, despite the commercials and hype to the contrary, I actually found stickhandling and making highlight reel dekes even more difficult than in older versions.

I still kind of prefer the old buttons for shots, and the stick for stickhandling because often times with the new setup, I find myself taking a weak shot on net when what I'm trying to do is deke the goalie out.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5220 posts

You're not really supposed to recover from the covenant but it is possible under the right conditions. It's fun to see but it can end with an instant game over after the time runs out.

As far as the computers go, yeah, they're supposed to define the ship's role. It works better with some than others. Now I don't really know what sort of fleet compositions the current patch favors but in the past the game essentially came down to spamming evasion capped torpedo corvettes at your enemies. If that's still the case then you can only pick from one type of computer anyway. ;)

I guess I'll just do it. With some luck I'll see Slaanesh The Reckoning choke on the Tyranids Prethoryn.

Regarding ships I've read that mass corvette spam isn't meta anymore (guess Wiz watched the "corvette vs scourge" vid) and the balance actually leans towards mostly battleship fleets now. Which is why I was trying to make my long-range ships destroy static defenses without exposing themselves to return fire. Not possible without mods, it seems. Vanilla behavior is pedal to the metal regardless of computer role.

Anyway, I just had a pretty stupid bug. Turns out that my immortal chosen one god-administrator... lost the election. As a result, she lost the power quite literally—the Chosen One trait and the associated immortality were removed and she went back to being your run-of-the-mill psychic number cruncher. Guess you can't very well call yourself the "chosen" one if the people actually choose someone else, eh?

• majestic likes this

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8901 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I gave up on that series because, despite the commercials and hype to the contrary, I actually found stickhandling and making highlight reel dekes even more difficult than in older versions.

I still kind of prefer the old buttons for shots, and the stick for stickhandling because often times with the new setup, I find myself taking a weak shot on net when what I'm trying to do is deke the goalie out.

I'm not a skill stick fan either. This version has 3 different modes. You can play with classic NHL '94 buttons, a hybrid, or full skill stick.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2355 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
That's pretty awesome.

Is that 94 mode like NHL Faceoff on PS1? My last hockey game was NHL 15 on PS4 but I like it. I usually buy one at the start of every gen because the franchise gets a complete overhaul for the new gen.

I really wish NHL Hitz and NFL Blitz would come back. Who kade those? Midway? I'm not one to be nostalgic, as you guys probably know by now but damn, Midway games from PS1 to Dreamcast era were freakin phenomenal whether sports games, boxing or racing games. Hell Hydro Thunder, Spy Hunter and San Francisco Rush 2049 need reboots as well.

I've said too much goodness, what else is new?

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11142 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I think I enjoy traversing the open world city in Spider-Man more than I did in the Batman games.  Spidey being able to swing from buildings is fun traveling.

Still getting used to the controls.  I still can't get the knack of melee combat, so I find myself using the web shooter a lot to tie enemies up before hitting them.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2355 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Don't worry, you'll unlock new gadgets that will make combat more accessible and on top of that combining that with suit powers and suit upgrades :)

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 844 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

This time it's going far better x)

He kept rolling Luck, Dex and Int on level up, but I don't complain. It's useful.

Almost done with first dungeon, as well. 

Now might be a good time to train a monk or a hunter instead of one of the warriors. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users