What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Sounds about right. They're very story oriented, and I'm also bored by their generally stoic main character meanwhile the world which surrounds is a circus. Very odd mix that always felt off for me. Just can't get into it despite the great settings they choose. But I'm glad people here are enjoying it. Makes no difference to me.

Edited by Blodhemn
  • Like 1

I haven't played RDR 2 yet but from the looks of it, it's another Rockstar game which isn't a bad thing. I have enjoyed most of their games because even though their games tend to be linear, they still offer some of the best writing in the gaming industry which is why I replay the GTA games from time to time. It's like watching a good movie for the second or third time.

I don't have the dough for RDR 2 right now but I'll buy it as soon as I can. I'll try to find a copy for the Xbone since I heard it looks best on the 1X.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I been playing Yakuza 0 (on Steam) for the past day or two, but that was after I got the game to finally start, had to mess around with the graphics.ini file.

Now I hardly can wait for Yakuza Kiwami, ah I got hooked bad on Yakuza 0. Now to just patiently wait for Steam to release Yakuza Kiwami sooner or later. 

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 2

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

however when you compare this to something like a Crpg or Jrpg that has fishing you really appreciate the depth and passion that Rockstar put into this.

An RPG doesn't need to have a deep simulation of everything. Most user actions are highly abstract, especially in older RPGs, and they never suffered from it either.
Very true but in comparison their mini-games like fishing are like mobile phone games, that's not a bad thing, just shows how much love the devs put into the small details to make the game as immersive as possible. In most cases fishing in western rpg's and Jrpg's feel like a "claw" arcade game rather than fishing at all.

When I want to experience realistic fishing, I'll go fishing IRL. When I eant to enjoy fishing in a game, I expect something similar to minigame in BattleChasers. Anything more complicated and I never touch it again. Games should be fun not a realistic chore...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

When I want to experience realistic fishing, I'll go fishing IRL. When I eant to enjoy fishing in a game, I expect something similar to minigame in BattleChasers. Anything more complicated and I never touch it again. Games should be fun not a realistic chore...

I dont mean to be rude but that sounds almost as dumb as when people say "If I want hyper realistic graphics, I'll go outside"... Sure, I'm gonna go fishing for minnows in a -17 blizzard or I can stay warm inside the comfort of my home and not freeze to death before I catch anything.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

LoL, you really have no idea... Enjoy your hyperrealistic testicles ;-)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Well, simulation games are a thing, I don't see a problem here. It's just that not every game needs to go this way.

That’s what I had in my mind. Thank you... Having everything simulated in a game feels just off to me... i do not need to watch 30 seconds in a game how my character realistically skins a bear. As much as I am not lover of Ubi open worlds, they at least make sure, that you do not fall asleep while skinning your tenth wolf for your quest...

Edited by Mamoulian War

LoL, you really have no idea... Enjoy your hyperrealistic testicles ;-)

Oh I do get it actually,

I'm sorry if I offended you, just not sure why some peeps tend to think that hyper realistic graphics means the game will be boring or somehow will suggest a sacrifice in gameplay or lack interesting mechanics (which has never even been the case within the industry, it's actually been the opposite), that was always a myth but somehow got turned into a superstitious paranoia. Nothing new here :)

As said before, it really comes down to preference, there is no such thing as anyone's one idea as "general fun" being the same as everyone else's, because everyone is different, you shall see one day.

Edit:

By the way, there are female horses as well (horses without male genetalia)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Look at Final Fantasies between X and XV, and read little bit about the plots, main storylines, sidequests, development etc etc... and you’ll maybe one day find out, how hyperrealistic obsession of Sqaure Enix is slowly ruining their games, and turning them to more and more shallow stuff, all in a wake of chase for hyperrealistic unicorn... some graphic people were complaining, that the development took so long for XIII, because they were to busy modelling a single stone for few days, so it would look perfect from all possible angles...

Look at Final Fantasies between X and XV, and read little bit about the plots, main storylines, sidequests, development etc etc... and you’ll maybe one day find out, how hyperrealistic obsession of Sqaure Enix is slowly ruining their games, and turning them to more and more shallow stuff, all in a wake of chase for hyperrealistic unicorn... some graphic people were complaining, that the development took so long for XIII, because they were to busy modelling a single stone for few days, so it would look perfect from all possible angles...

While I don't own them, I fully agree bit I'm not sure how that validates other devs/pubies to be guilty of the same actions. My app of wisdom tells ne that Some people just do it better, unfortunately.. My favorite game published by Squeenix would have to be Nier: Automata. It's about as anime and non-real (fantasy) as it gets. However, my all-time favorite art style is Cel-Shading from games like Gravity Daze and Jet Set Radio. History has proven that devs and programmers have always strived to take advantage of hardware, this is nothing new and nor is it now just becoming a priority, it's only just more apparent because games are evolving at such a rapid rate.

My horse Clarise says hello, she has tiny tatters and a red hose. I'm going to take her to the stables later and watch her mate, hopefully a willing participant can penetrate and impregnate her and I can sell her babes at the clinic soon after. Good money at stables :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Discovered the awesomeness of the Mezzala in Fm2018.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just finished The Heist DLC for Spider-Man.  It was ... okay.  The side content was kind of meh.  And the main story ended on a "to be continued...".

In terms of new enemies, the new "brutes" with the big gatling guns are annoying because the dodge doesn't seem to work for me.  Even if I dodge the first shot, I always seem to get hit by the next.  Only way to avoid them is to hide behind objects, but none of my gadgets seem to do much to stun them long enough for me to attack them.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just finished The Heist DLC for Spider-Man. It was ... okay. The side content was kind of meh. And the main story ended on a "to be continued...".

In terms of new enemies, the new "brutes" with the big gatling guns are annoying because the dodge doesn't seem to work for me. Even if I dodge the first shot, I always seem to get hit by the next. Only way to avoid them is to hide behind objects, but none of my gadgets seem to do much to stun them long enough for me to attack them.

I have it installed but have not yet played it, I really need to, I've just been hooked on RDR2, as soon as I'm done with it, the plan is to play the dlc and the new "New Game+" mode on ultimate spidermam difficulty. Edited by SonicMage117

Just finished The Heist DLC for Spider-Man. It was ... okay. The side content was kind of meh. And the main story ended on a "to be continued...".

In terms of new enemies, the new "brutes" with the big gatling guns are annoying because the dodge doesn't seem to work for me. Even if I dodge the first shot, I always seem to get hit by the next. Only way to avoid them is to hide behind objects, but none of my gadgets seem to do much to stun them long enough for me to attack them.

I have it installed but have not yet played it, I really need to, I've just been hooked on RDR2, as soon as I'm done with it, the plan is to play the dlc and the new "New Game+" mode on ultimate spidermam difficulty.

I was going to play NG+ first, but the DLC supposedly takes place after the events of the main story.  So instead of playing through an entire game of NG+ first (which would take a couple of weeks for me), I just played the DLC after my original game was done.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished up Spellhold.

Things are looking up this game for probably two reasons. One, I'm looking up where all the best equipment is so I have two undead slaying weapons already. Two, I'm treating Jaheira as a fighter instead of a backup healer.

In previous games, I'd give all the best armor to Viconia to protect the healer, then send Minsc in to tank. And then Jaheira would back him up and heal as needed. Focusing on Jaheira's AC and letting her go in first, enemies struggle to hit her.

And with my undead slaying weapons, when I ran into the generic lich while escaping spell hold, he died in the first hit. So I'm feeling comfortable about tackling the others when I get back to Athkatla.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I played Beta Fallout 76 and I did not like it at all. I really do not like Bethesda's studies and what they did with the Fallout series. For now life in PoE has stopped and waiting for the next league I bought RDR2 and I am delighted. Although the game is more slow than I expected, RDR2 resembles a film genre known as Western Spaghetti. I really like the interaction of the world and graphic design.

Just finished Red Dead 2.....wow game of the decade imo

Not only is the storytelling a breakthrough in the industry but I just love all the small details that's missing from any rpg (old and new). The inclusion of the Hatfields and thr McCoys but with a twist, the way that townsfolk talk about horseless carriges that push themselves (cars), and all the other stuff that I shouldn't day because spoilers. I'm stilla takinga mya timea witha it.
  • Like 1

Most open world games are pretty crappy. By now, always when I read open world, I'm all like, ugh, not again... IMO there's rarely any open world game that does the open world part good. Just giving me a crapton of repetitive collectible "quests" is not good gameplay. Random fetch-quests is not good gameplay, watching pretty landscapes is not good gameplay, and fighting random mobs every 10 meters is not good gameplay either.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

But... fetch quests have always been the staple of rpg genre, even since the crpg days :(

I think what makes R2D2 stand out is that every where you go, things are constantly changing, for example, an illegal immagrant horse thief tricks me into "helping" him, a sherrif may ask for help, a fellow rider may ask for help, a broken wagon driver may ask for a ride, and much more. Those are just random events though. There's so much diversity in the game, I don't think I've ran into the same thing twice, yet. Side quests and main missions are very Witcher 3-esque in structure, so if you enjoyed Witcher 3, you'll probably like this.

And fetch-quests have always been crappy, no matter since when they existed. It's the laziest quests possible, and if a game offers me more than one or two of 'em, I will feel highly offended and insulted. They just aren't fun, and if developers are using them as a filler for their games world, it is even worse. Yes, I'm looking at you, Fallout 4.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."