What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Right after midnight, I have finished my 3rd Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory playthrough. I went for the prerequisites for the True Ending and meanwhile grinded for Platinum Trophy. After almost 240 hours spread over three playthroughs over 5 years, I managed to fulfill all the prerequisites for all trophies. The game is platinuable in much less time required, but I have also tried to get completed as much of the game as possible. Still not 100%, but very close. Probable never get back to it, due to my backlog, but we'll see. The combat is still fun, silly story as well, but as I said it few times before over the course of these 5 years, this game has the most cutscenes in the series, and it feels more like Visual Novel with jRPG elements, than a classic jRPG. And that is my biggest gripe with the game. Sometimes you have to sit out 30+ minutes of talk, to continue the story. There is thankfully skip cutscene button, but I have forgotten a lot of story in the last 5 years, so I wanted to read through it again. So best game so far from the series is Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. I just hope Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II, will be closer to mk2 with the cutscene length :)

At the moment 19 Platinum Trophies stretched over 4363 hours of gameplay in last 8 years :o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Decided to give Fallout 4 another long break because...Yakuza Kiwami.

I was expecting some sort of burnout after spending 92 hours on Yakuza 0 but nope, I am already digging the story and setting of Yakuza Kiwami and I want more.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 to the rescue :p

Just saying, you know ;)

I have all Yakuza games except Yakuza Kenzan and Yakuza Ishin. I even bought Yakuza Dead Souls a while ago during a PSN sale. :)

I know people hate it but as a huge Dead Rising fan I am sort of curious to try it out someday.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Dead Rising are great games... Hell, look at at Ninja Gaiden Z Yaiba, it was hated because it wasn't really Ninja Gaiden but it was actually better anyway.

Same thing with the cel-shaded Prince Of Persia that you couldn't die in, the best Prince Of Persia game wasn't Prince Of Persia. Weird hpw that works hehe

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Same thing with the cel-shaded Prince Of Persia that you couldn't die in, the best Prince Of Persia game wasn't Prince Of Persia. Weird hpw that works hehe

I loved that game and to this day, I have no idea why Ubisoft didn't try to expand that setting. I could actually understand the Persian words/voices that were occaisionally spoken in the game. Totally miss that game. :(

• Like 1

My understanding is they didn't expand it because it was the Assassin's Creed team and AC blew up.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, AC replaced Prince of Persia. Wish Ubi would give the Assassin's Creed games a break and make a Prince of Persia game instead.

Edited by Katphood

Me too :(

A proper PoPpy reboot would be nice and is much needed. Imagine the reaction of they surprise announced it at E3 instead of an AC game lol

One can dream hehe

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I actually finished off the Riddler challenge.  Despite many curse words, oaths that I'm done with the game and the developers who made it, I pushed on through sheer stubbornness and managed to somehow get all the trophies that previously eluded me.  Some were pure luck (blind attempts at R1'ing my way to the ledge where the trophy was before the time running out and somehow doing it), but now that I've got them all I can finally put this game aside.

I swear, my completionist side always wins out over my side that has a low tolerance for annoying levels in games.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Me too :(

A proper PoPpy reboot would be nice and is much needed. Imagine the reaction of they surprise announced it at E3 instead of an AC game lol

One can dream hehe

I guess it is safer to work on Assassin's Creed. It has gained huge popularity and with the current tempelate they have created for Origins/Odyssey I would say they have at least two more AC games up their sleeve until they have decided for another 'change' in the games formula. I am still hoping to see an AC game set in ancient Persia.

On other news, I finished God of War: Chains of Olympus on the PS3. Great game from start to finish, a little on the short side but still, very enjoyable. Next stop is God of War: Ghost of Sparta.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

BattleChasers: Nightwar. I just love the artstyle of the game, the dungeon areas look so nice. Gameplay is pretty good, sometimes to much encounters, but i like the combat system.

Yeah, AC replaced Prince of Persia. Wish Ubi would give the Assassin's Creed games a break and make a Prince of Persia game instead.

I would remind you that Ubisoft only makes 1 game now; that is a sandbox filled with meaningless objectives.So unless you want the next Prince of Persia to consist of going from point A to B, I would reconsider my wish.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I was finally able to get the 100% complete ending for Batman Arkham Knight.

If I attempt to play the NG+, will I have to do all the Riddler trophies again?  Or just do the "quest" portions of that rather than the trophy hunting?

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Been playing Red Dead Redemption for a bit hours, picked it up in the morning when the store opened, didn't play it til after work lol

The game is pretty beautiful, especially right when you transition from the elklands (snowy mail mounts) to the grizzlies (greenery scenery) on the wagon. For those who have gotten that far,you know :)

There are a lot of buttons in RDR2 and I never seem to hit the right ones. I mean, I was pretty good with the GTA layout, and I still nearly shoot people when I am trying to bring up dialogue, or eat a meal when I'm trying to calm my horse. Hopefully I'll get it soon. :p

There are a lot of buttons in RDR2 and I never seem to hit the right ones. I mean, I was pretty good with the GTA layout, and I still nearly shoot people when I am trying to bring up dialogue, or eat a meal when I'm trying to calm my horse. Hopefully I'll get it soon. :p

There is a lot of button uses for each task due to the amount of tasks your character can do it seems. It definitely is one of the best representation of playing a cowboy from that era it seems. I can see why some people would dislike this game after coming from any other open world game, like AC Odyssey where you don’t have to go through two steps to do most things. Not to a detriment, but to a degree of realism. RDR 2 so far for me has been a good chill experience to relax to and enjoy the ride/experience instead of just go from one question mark to the next. At least so far.

I understand what you mean, I'm constantly looking down at the lower right corner of the screen, RDR2's console controls break the immersion at times but hey, anything is better than a keyboard!

That said, I'm sure I'll get used to it and it will become muscle memory after about 40 hours or so.

Edit:

It's still more immersive than rpg titles we play... An open world fetch quest more immersive than a "deep" rpg? Gee I wonder why :p

Edited by SonicMage117

Been playing Red Dead Redemption, since I watched a playthrough for Red Dead Redemption 2 and so far I'm been enjoying what I seen (now just have to buy it sooner or later).

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I think there should be a inverse relation between quest titles and immersion. Because every time I read a quest name in AC I get completely put out of the experience.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

There is a lot of button uses for each task due to the amount of tasks your character can do it seems. It definitely is one of the best representation of playing a cowboy from that era it seems. I can see why some people would dislike this game after coming from any other open world game, like AC Odyssey where you don’t have to go through two steps to do most things. Not to a detriment, but to a degree of realism. RDR 2 so far for me has been a good chill experience to relax to and enjoy the ride/experience instead of just go from one question mark to the next. At least so far.

Oh I didn't mean to imply I dislike the game. So far it is great. I just haven't mastered the controls. Probably get less stressful after I get past the tutorial type parts.

• Like 1

I think by now people mostly prefer a linear experience. But you don't see that many games with a linear structure because it is actually hard to make a good one.

It is more like that linear experience is harder to give players choice of recurring spending on micro-transactions ;) And a publishers always want to give players as much options to milk them dry as possible :p

• Like 2