What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Finally finished Yakuza 0 after 92 hours. what. a. game.

It would have definitely made it to my top 10 list, had I played it a bit earlier.

Back to playing Fallout 4 Nuka World dlc. It's fun, pretty but also the very definition of the word 'pointless'.

I also started playing Rogue Galaxy which plays very much like any of the 'Tales of ...' games.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finally finished Yakuza 0 after 92 hours. what. a. game.

It would have definitely made it to my top 10 list, had I played it a bit earlier.

Back to playing Fallout 4 Nuka World dlc. It's fun, pretty but also the very definition of the word 'pointless'.

I also started playing Rogue Galaxy which plays very much like any of the 'Tales of ...' games.

Rogue Galaxy can be very grindy at times; specially if you want to aim for completion, but I love the art style, the story and the characters. One of my favorite JRPGs from the last time JRPGs were good.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Been awhile since I posted on this topic, but reading through, I definitely have an opinion on some posts as well.

Having played about 19 hours of AC Odyssey.  Let me preface by saying I love Greek Mythology and the history behind the game.  I understand it's not 100% historically accurate, however I'm more than impressed with how they recreated the landscapes, cities, etc.  There is a TON to do in this game.  A ton of places to go and discover, a ton of quests to complete, and a ton of loot to find.  After 19 hours, my character is level 22 and my stats say I'm about 34% into the main progression (whatever that means) but I have not felt the grind others have spoke about yet.  I've not come across a main story progression quest I've not been able to do because of being too low level, but I have definitely explored a ton in that 19 hours. About the boosters....  

This game is huge, literally HUGE.  There is a ton of content to this game.  It's not all amazing, but the quests are definitely better than previous AC games.  To me, there will be too main groups who play this game.  One who explore almost everything, because it's really fun to explore and will never feel the grind and the other group who will get bored of the side content and then will fall behind in levels to progress and will quit because of being walled off by story quests level requirements.  I'm not defending Ubisoft in any way, but it's gotta be somewhat hard as a developer these days.  A lot of gamers who play open world games want huge games, with a ton of content and when you have a loot based system like Odyssey, there needs to be cutoffs for certain things/quests.  Alongside this game, I've been starting a new playthrough of Wticher 3 and I see similarities and differences.  While W3 is huge, it's nowhere near the size of AC:O, and while it does have level requirements for quests, it feels different because while there is loot, there's not as much as AC:O, and due to the size of the world being smaller, the devs have a better handle on where the player might be at certain times during the game.  

Obviously, due to not being out yet, I haven't played Red Dead Redemption 2, however I haven't heard that your character levels up.  Only gaining more "power" through better weapons and mods for the weapons, but I would assume it to be easier to develop a game, regardless of the size (territory) of the map based upon the idea of not having actual "levels" of your character or a loot system.  

In the end, I think you need to ask yourself what type of open world game you wanna play.  To me, they all have their place in my catalog, but only play them with different mindsets.  The whole microtransaction thing, well, due to creating such a huge map, with so much content and available XP, I'm thinking Ubisoft was just giving players the option to cut more of a B-line through the story.  Now, should they necessarily charge for that?  Maybe not, maybe it should be a feature that you can turn on and off at your leisure depending on your current "fun level."

Besides all that though, playing AC:O, finished up The White Orchard area in W3, started a new playthrough of Darkest Dungeon on the switch and going back and forth, back and forth in my mind on if I want to get RDR 2 at launch or wait since I'll be picking up Diablo 3 on the switch the following week....siding towards no RDR 2 at the moment.....

Edited by SadExchange
  • Like 2

I've been switching off between Lego DC Super Villains and Soul Calibur 6.

Lego DC Super Villains proves that a "kids" game is more quality than the superior adult game in story and in length. Also, it got awarded best voice cast in the history of gaming - that's pretty huge in the guiness book of record. It has 80 well known actors and every one performance is high, you do the math.

Soul Calibur 6 proves that a 3D fighting game can involve more strategy than Chess. There's been quite a few big games this week vut SC6 remains on both top selling #1 and most trending game since Spider-Man PS4 for a reason. Simplicity is the most complex when simplicity is best.

#Olicity

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I beat Sarevok without cheating! That's a first. But not without cheesing.

I put 6 skull traps by the stairs. When the fight started, Angelo died immediately and Tazok got close to the same. Dorn got confused, but he was still able to finish off Tazok and kill the mage. Before dying himself. Magic Missile spam killed Sarevok, who apparently wasn't close enough to the skull traps to take damage.

I've started Dragonspear. So the characters start with whatever equipment they had in BG1. Which if you didn't use them past their intros is crap equipment. And since Kagain left me to not come back, I cheated some of his equipment in to Minsc. I have no regrets about this. Either give me Kagain's stuff or give Minsc something appropriate for our level.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Been awhile since I posted on this topic, but reading through, I definitely have an opinion on some posts as well.

Having played about 19 hours of AC Odyssey.  Let me preface by saying I love Greek Mythology and the history behind the game.  I understand it's not 100% historically accurate, however I'm more than impressed with how they recreated the landscapes, cities, etc.  There is a TON to do in this game.  A ton of places to go and discover, a ton of quests to complete, and a ton of loot to find.  After 19 hours, my character is level 22 and my stats say I'm about 34% into the main progression (whatever that means) but I have not felt the grind others have spoke about yet.  I've not come across a main story progression quest I've not been able to do because of being too low level, but I have definitely explored a ton in that 19 hours. About the boosters....  

This game is huge, literally HUGE.  There is a ton of content to this game.  It's not all amazing, but the quests are definitely better than previous AC games.  To me, there will be too main groups who play this game.  One who explore almost everything, because it's really fun to explore and will never feel the grind and the other group who will get bored of the side content and then will fall behind in levels to progress and will quit because of being walled off by story quests level requirements.  I'm not defending Ubisoft in any way, but it's gotta be somewhat hard as a developer these days.  A lot of gamers who play open world games want huge games, with a ton of content and when you have a loot based system like Odyssey, there needs to be cutoffs for certain things/quests.  Alongside this game, I've been starting a new playthrough of Wticher 3 and I see similarities and differences.  While W3 is huge, it's nowhere near the size of AC:O, and while it does have level requirements for quests, it feels different because while there is loot, there's not as much as AC:O, and due to the size of the world being smaller, the devs have a better handle on where the player might be at certain times during the game.  

Obviously, due to not being out yet, I haven't played Red Dead Redemption 2, however I haven't heard that your character levels up.  Only gaining more "power" through better weapons and mods for the weapons, but I would assume it to be easier to develop a game, regardless of the size (territory) of the map based upon the idea of not having actual "levels" of your character or a loot system.  

In the end, I think you need to ask yourself what type of open world game you wanna play.  To me, they all have their place in my catalog, but only play them with different mindsets.  The whole microtransaction thing, well, due to creating such a huge map, with so much content and available XP, I'm thinking Ubisoft was just giving players the option to cut more of a B-line through the story.  Now, should they necessarily charge for that?  Maybe not, maybe it should be a feature that you can turn on and off at your leisure depending on your current "fun level."

Besides all that though, playing AC:O, finished up The White Orchard area in W3, started a new playthrough of Darkest Dungeon on the switch and going back and forth, back and forth in my mind on if I want to get RDR 2 at launch or wait since I'll be picking up Diablo 3 on the switch the following week....siding towards no RDR 2 at the moment.....

Let me basically summarize the main points of the 40+ minute review:

According to SkillUp there's a pretty hard level requirement wall on the main quest at lvl25 where you're basically forced to grind side quests for about 7 hours (takes about one hour per level, according to him) to get to the next level gated main quest. He heavily implies that this was done to push players towards the cash shop show to shorten that grind and that, without that forced grind he would have been able to unconditionally recommend the game. As it is he expect most players to just not bother and never see the, apparently awesome, endgame quests.

He also addresses the difference between the side quests in the various open world RPGs and why the ones in Odyssey don't stack up to, say The Witcher 3. He also addresses the fact that, indeed, some people might enjoy this type of quest design and that he isn't one to judge, being, among others things, a Elder Scrolls and Warframe player. But that he, personally, did not enjoy the vast majority of Odyssey's side quests.

tl;dr he thinks it's an awesome game but feel that that the forced "filler" stuff will ruin it for the majority of players and he flat out states that this filler crap is usually forced by the money people.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Let me basically summarize the main points of the 40+ minute review:

According to SkillUp there's a pretty hard level requirement wall on the main quest at lvl25 where you're basically forced to grind side quests for about 7 hours (takes about one hour per level, according to him) to get to the next level gated main quest. He heavily implies that this was done to push players towards the cash shop show to shorten that grind and that, without that forced grind he would have been able to unconditionally recommend the game. As it is he expect most players to just not bother and never see the, apparently awesome, endgame quests.

He also addresses the difference between the side quests in the various open world RPGs and why the ones in Odyssey don't stack up to, say The Witcher 3. He also addresses the fact that, indeed, some people might enjoy this type of quest design and that he isn't one to judge, being, among others things, a Elder Scrolls and Warframe player. But that he, personally, did not enjoy the vast majority of Odyssey's side quests.

tl;dr he thinks it's an awesome game but feel that that the forced "filler" stuff will ruin it for the majority of players and he flat out states that this filler crap is usually forced by the money people.

Well, once I hit that level 25 quest mission blockage that he refers to, I'll have more to talk about, however this "filler" stuff being referred to seems to be content, like quests, forts, cultist stuff, etc.  I like Skillup, but I'm also playing the game for myself to make my own conclusions.  At this point, I have had no need to purchase boosters, however I could see if you were just plowing through story quests, you'd hit a wall for sure, but why are you playing this game then?  Why just do the main quest storyline when all this content is out there.  Arguments can be made over the quality of this side stuff, but until you've actually played it or seen the content, lets reserve judgement on this "filler" description.

Hmmm, speaking of which, I am watching some dude play the crap out of Wario Land 4. Goddamn, this game is deep! Gotta give all of them Wario platformer games a try someday...

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Hmmm, speaking of which, I am watching some dude play the crap out of Wario Land 4. Goddamn, this game is deep! Gotta give all of them Wario platformer games a try someday...

I loved Wario Land 4 back in the day. I remember being shocked that a GBA game featured songs with vocals.

Also, it had some of the most brilliantly trippy boss designs and least sane extras (the Music Room) I can recall offhand.

• Like 1

Aside from Ass Creed Syndicate, which is really good fun, I gave War for the Overworld another shot.

It still doesn't nearly have the charm of Dungeon Master. On the other hand, developer has improved upon the game quite a bit in the updates and I'm having a decent time with it.

Trying to finish Battletech. A patch a while ago finally fixed the way equipment is shown, so you don't have to deselect equipment types you don't want to see anymore. Other than that, still a bit of a slog.

Campaign mission with constant artillery attacks has me stumped, just due to my crap lance composition though

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just started up a new playthrough of Kingdom Come Deliverance. I had played it at release but it was a pretty buggy mess then,

so I had put the game on the back-burner till a few updates were out. Now with patch 1.7 out, I'm going to give it another chance.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I finished the Riddler stuff up to the Catwoman conclusion, but there's no way I'm finishing off all his trophies/riddles.  Way too tedious and hard to get to.

I like the gadget related ones, but get annoyed by the timed ones.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I finished the Riddler stuff up to the Catwoman conclusion, but there's no way I'm finishing off all his trophies/riddles.  Way too tedious and hard to get to.

As I recall, If you don't do everything, you don't get to fight him. And if you don't fight him, you can't turn him in which means you can't get 100% on all baddies. This in turn locks you out of the best/true ending. Brilliant, don't you think?

Just watch it on YT when you are done because it's not worth the aggravation.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Nice review, it convinced me to buy this game as I have been reading about it  :geek:

I also will be buying the new Witcher game tomorrow....yay I cant wait as I have my new gaming PC but on Thursday night the switch at my  ADSL exchange crashed so I havent played anything yet but this should be resolved tomorrow ..hopefully 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Finally reached the end of Fallout 4 after a couple years of tries. Sided with the Institute, which made the most sense for me. It got a bit better when I pumped more points into combat skills, there was some misery there when I just was dying too often. 

As I've said before, it's clearly a very good game with a ton of depth and detail, it just feels like it is going in a different direction than what I want in terms of gameplay and RPG aspects. I think if I go into Fallout 76 with the right expectations, I will probably enjoy it. I guess we will see. Considering my love/hate relationship with the game, I did get a pretty solid amount of hours out of it.

I'm finally starting to become less of a weakling in combat in Elex. The Psi abilities I got once I joined the crazed cultists went a long way toward that end. Now I can easily kill a lot of the enemies which frightened me in the past. This got me feeling more confident... which turned into overconfidence. I ran into a chimera and, feeling strong and tough, rushed right in to face it. I might have taken a sliver of health bar off of it by the time my mangled corpse hit the ground. Sometimes you need to be put in your place. :lol:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

As I recall, If you don't do everything, you don't get to fight him. And if you don't fight him, you can't turn him in which means you can't get 100% on all baddies. This in turn locks you out of the best/true ending. Brilliant, don't you think?

Just watch it on YT when you are done because it's not worth the aggravation.

That's annoying when they do that.  Optional stuff, especially stuff like the Riddler trophies, shouldn't have any major impact on the main story.  Either that, or don't make the trophies annoying to get all of them.

I'm actually about 30 trophies/riddles away, but the ones I'm away are the ones that are time-related and/or those stupid sonic ones where you track the hidden symbols with the car, but then you have to get out of the car to advance, and get back in before the stupid sonic cuts out.

Then there's the ones inside the blimp, where it's so difficult to traverse because the map shows one level even though there's multiple levels you have to go through, so I can never tell which level a trophy is at even if I see its location on my map.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)