What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Whomever wrote that AC:Odyssey was the best AC story yet was a liar.

Hey, if they don't force you to stab your own kid in the first hour of the game, it is already ahead of AC:Origins.

Ezio will always be the best. He had some pizazz.

Hear Hear, that's why he got 3 games.
Ezio was a character, not the name of a story.

Ezio and Altair will live on forever in our hearts but nay they never return to our screens.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I completed all the quests in Elex I needed to do to advance up the ranks of the crazy cultists from Acolyte to Legate, though I can't actually get the promotion yet since I'm not high enough level.  The pilgrimage quest was the major part of the promotion quests and the only part with any challenge to it.  There are some fairly strong enemies along the path of the pilgrimage, but you can avoid a lot of them via creative trailblazing.  The 3rd of the 4 shrines I had to visit had an event occur where a large group of reavers are shaking down a cleric for his belongings.  Normally, reavers attack you on sight, but since this is a scripted event and they want you to hear the conversation, they aren't aggressive until the conversation ends and they attack the cleric.  I assume the standard way to do this is to try to save the cleric (almost certainly failing since there are a lot of reavers there and I doubt you could aggro all of them, even if you wanted to, quickly enough to keep the cleric alive) and fight the group of reavers.  At my level, and especially since I only recently started investing anything into combat skills, that would be an absurdly difficult battle, since there are 6 or 7 of them and it's just me and 1 companion.  Instead, I just ran past all of them while they were still talking, quickly prayed at the shrine, momentarily went into sneak mode, which caused the reavers to stop what they were doing, pausing the conversation, and ask why I was skulking about, then I peaced out before they went back to talking to the poor sap and triggered the battle.  Cheese strats for the win!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just finished the "boss battle" with the tank.  Just a slog of trying to maneuver that bathtub around the streets while taking potshots for 15 minutes.  Fun stuff (sarcasm).

I think Rocksteady spent way too much energy trying to include the Batmobile that the game suffers for it, as do a lot of the missions that require it.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Lego DC Super Villains was everything I thought it would be and more. They added a dodge/roll button, you can now block proper and parry freely in combat. Add to that the new hard difficulty and RPG elements (Leveling up, Crafting, Character Customization, a first person story with your custom character) and you have a great Lego game - and that's exactly what happened here.

Glad I pre-ordered it :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I decided to give Odyssey one last try. Got into some stupid arguments on Reddit with people who tried saying my opinion doesn't count since I only played 10 hours. They said some cool stuff was coming up that defined the core game! Why this awesome stuff doesn't start earlier and all the tedious crap get cut, I'll never know.

So I turned in the menial fetch quest I was doing and then started one of the story quests. Where you visit the Oracle. She goes "you can't be here, they're watching!" and then they stretch out all that for probably 10 minutes. And I'm sent on my next quest. Go talk to that same Oracle, but in a different city, OOooooh. Exciting.

On the way to this other city, I found a point of interest on the map. Decided to check it out. It's a dungeon, I love dungeons! I go in and there's nothing but a statue and gold loot. I search around, find a hole behind some pots, kill a snake, find a treasure chest. There's junk in it.

Find another hole. Kill another snake. Find another treasure chest. Level 13 common bow that raises my hunter, lowers my assassin. Kill another snake. Find exit. Realize I haven't found the location objective. Search around, find nothing. Be horribly bored already.

Quit.

And back to Baldur's Gate!

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well Ass Creed games are very much "Do you really like the idea of exploring this particular setting? Have fun!" I'm getting good enjoyment out of Syndicate, because it doesn't take itself seriously and because I love how it portrays 19th century London, and I enjoyed Black Flag because pirates, but other than that... Eh. It's the same reason why I'll be getting Origins tho.

Anyway, point is: All of them that I've played are extremely repetitive, have stories that are just kinda meh and gameplay that's also kinda meh, but give you a big world to explore and a ton of stuff to do in it. My enjoyment of them then entirely depends on whether or not I'm interested in exploring said world.

It doesn't help that main characters of all AC games I've played aren't controller by player, but receive suggestions from players, like "I'd like you to murder a man" or "I'd like you to grab to a ledge" and then make uneducated guesses on what is it exactly that player meant. It's often "All right player, I'll jump from the roof and assassinate that dude who was just walking past as opposed to the guard who was right in front of me and you were pointing your camera at him" or "All right player, I'll ignore this ledge just above my head and leap to that ledge all the way over there - yes, the one right in front of that guard looking at it for some reason"

I used to really like Assassin's Creed back when 2 was out. The characters were fun and the sidequests were either interesting or, if not, at least blissfully short. But then they just kept tacking more onto it, none of it worthwhile. The levelling and loot systems in particular are hard for me to get past.

I might even enjoy it if they'd scrapped those two things. Or at least made them interesting things worth caring about and looking forward to.

Like I did enjoy Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood. And I didn't care about their settings. But I cared about Ezio. I thought buying up shops was fun. Climbing for vantage points was puzzle like with particular paths you had to hunt for. And the feathers and chests were just a thing I could hit while traveling to the next location. This is the same approach I had for Spider-Man, too.

But I tried that approach in Odyssey and all I ended up was stuck in some dull building with repeat wall textures and the only puzzle being "find the hole that leads to the goal." Fighting some snakes and getting junk loot that I don't care about. It wasn't blissfully short, interesting, or even rewarding in game terms.

Maybe I should stop talking. I think I've complained about this game more than enough by now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not sure why AC would be considered BS. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but very few video game series are tackling historical time periods on the scale that they do in Assassin's Creed. I appreciate the subject matter and world building, even if I am not a fan of the execution.

• Like 2

Ascended into Silver tier of Overwatch, still have neckbeards spazzing out telling me to 'git gud'.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ascended into Silver tier of Overwatch, still have neckbeards spazzing out telling me to 'git gud'.

Please, Overwatch is normie bull****.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finally finished the Firefly sidequest.  Seriously, so much tied to the Batmobile.

The previous game(s) were so fun because you were Batman.  You weren't a bathtub with a canon trying to race around with time limits and agile foes, trying to just take a corner without going completely out of control.

I swear, Batman downs a case of beer before he steps into the Batmobile.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Why do people like things that I don't like?

Hmmm.. I like their open world games, people hate admitting it but some tend to implement rpg elements and actually do them better than rpg games.

I enjoy Ubi type open worlds as long as they have a hook. Watch Dogs was great because you can hack nearly everything which made cop chases particularly entertaining and I got so many laughs from the hide and seek multiplayer mode, hiding in bushes and such while hacking someone else's cell phone.

Not sure why AC would be considered BS

Tis a forum, all things are to be hated if they aren't a Crpg :p

Reminds of how once in awhile someone on the forum tries to convince everyone how first person shooters and action games suck and are mindless because it's cool to hate those type of games if you're a rpg plyer, some crap like that anyway. I've learned it's usually that the person stating such things just got older and can no longer keep up with the reflexes needed to play such games. Fortunately there's a balance out there, a forum who has people saying the opposite and how the games we like are horrible and overrated. This brings the balance to the world.

Edited by SonicMage117

I decided to give Odyssey one last try. Got into some stupid arguments on Reddit with people who tried saying my opinion doesn't count since I only played 10 hours. They said some cool stuff was coming up that defined the core game!

Remember all Final Fantasy 13? Everyone was salty how it is a bad game, because the real game starts 12 hours later. Fast Forward 8 years, and it is now boosted as a game feature :D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Not sure why AC would be considered BS. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but very few video game series are tackling historical time periods on the scale that they do in Assassin's Creed. I appreciate the subject matter and world building, even if I am not a fan of the execution.

I kinda shrug at that, to be honest. I guess it's debatable how historical the games actually are, but they do put a super human of some description into them all the time... what if they sought inspiration from historically accurate assassins?

Why do people like things that I don't like?

Hmmm.. I like their open world games, people hate admitting it but some tend to implement rpg elements and actually do them better than rpg games.

I enjoy Ubi type open worlds as long as they have a hook. Watch Dogs was great because you can hack nearly everything which made cop chases particularly entertaining and I got so many laughs from the hide and seek multiplayer mode, hiding in bushes and such while hacking someone else's cell phone.

Not sure why AC would be considered BS

Tis a forum, all things are to be hated if they aren't a Crpg :p

Reminds of how once in awhile someone on the forum tries to convince everyone how first person shooters and action games suck and are mindless because it's cool to hate those type of games if you're a rpg plyer, some crap like that anyway. I've learned it's usually that the person stating such things just got older and can no longer keep up with the reflexes needed to play such games. Fortunately there's a balance out there, a forum who has people saying the opposite and how the games we like are horrible and overrated. This brings the balance to the world.

I do omit context from my opinion.

But let me say this:

I am wondering why would people repeatedly buy a product that sends a message to the developer that they can get away with stuff like micro-transactions in a single player game.

Concerning Odyssey in particular... man, you don't want those kinds of rpg elements in your open world, or otherwise, games. Their scaling is atrocious, and they make you grind for stuff to artificially increase play-time for absolutely no reason. The sign of a good rpg, open world, action, or otherwise, is to let the player use their character's strong feats and mind the negative ones to tackle down a problem--combat or a puzzle.

About reflexes... Odyssey is allowing people with poorer reflexes to play it. No dev would be so dumb as to make something like Onimusha(because Dark Souls is inspired by it), but with reduced time windows and much less telegraphing. And if Odyssey wanted to be a better rpg, they would have scrapped the scaling and instead sought inspiration from games like Onimusha, and maybe a page or two from Dark Souls, too.

All in all, the first Creed was the game.

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus
  • Like 1

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png