What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

You will be using the batmobile a lot in Knight. It's a good portion why it's my least favorite of the series.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Seriously, do I have to use this idiotic Batmobile a lot? I really hate how it handles. Instead of feeling as though I'm driving the real Batmobile, I feel like I'm trying to maneuver a bathtub on wheels.

Are you playing with a controller? Playing Arkham type games on Keyboard and Mouse sucks as wired keyboard and mouse always has that delay compared to a wireless controller that offers a lower latency output. Probably why developers put "Controller strongly recommended" at the beginning of platformers and action oriented games now days.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

AssCreed:Odd via Google's Project Stream. It's my first time playing an AssCreed game so I'm mildly excited.

How is Google Project Stream?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Seriously, do I have to use this idiotic Batmobile a lot? I really hate how it handles. Instead of feeling as though I'm driving the real Batmobile, I feel like I'm trying to maneuver a bathtub on wheels.

Are you playing with a controller? Playing Arkham type games on Keyboard and Mouse sucks as wired keyboard and mouse always has that delay compared to a wireless controller that offers a lower latency output. Probably why developers put "Controller strongly recommended" at the beginning of platformers and action oriented games now days.

I'm playing on the PS4, so controller.  And it's still one of the more frustrating experiences in gaming trying to handle the vehicle.  It's only about half a step above driving in the Far Cry series.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hitting the torturous part of D3 where all I can do is grind T13 and GRs and hope I get an upgrade that'll never come.  I switched for UE to Marauder's so at least I can watch lots of ammo fly over the screen now, also don't die as much with Garwulf and Zoey. 

Should go back to Phantom Doctrine, I suppose.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Now playing Franchise Hockey Manager V. https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0236/

Definitely the best one yet. Really enjoying it. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Started up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (because I finally finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which I disliked..) and I'm surprised at how good it looks. Human Revolution had an art style that really irked me. Everything felt so.. clumsy and wrongly proportioned (big city streets being like two meters wide, absolutely impossible to fit two cars on). I'm only at the beginning of Mankind Divided but it already feels better aesthetically.

One thing though: none of those games feel like Deus Ex games to me and I'm not sure why. I think it has to do with world building. The original Deus Ex felt like a world with a lot of opportunities to play the way you want, but nothing was highlighted for you. These new Deus Ex's feel like obstacle courses with glaringly obvious "alternate" paths to take (but they're not really alternate because they're so convenient and rewarding that you're bound to take them). I don't know, but I don't enjoy the levels as much in these games.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I bought both Pathfinder and Star Trader. I haven't got far into either, but I am past the intro in Pathfinder at least. I made a wizard chosen school divination. The added initiative won't matter all that much until I get some of the cooler spells, but I'm looking forward to having some fun. Star Trader, I just wasn't up to trying to figure out how to get things started, but that looks kind of like a good beer and pretzels sort of game. Something a easy to play with the wife, I think. At least that's my impression.

• Like 1

χαίρετε

Detroit: Become Human

It is a choose-your-own-adventure game like a TellTale game, but it is superior to an actual TellTale game.  (TellTale's biggest failing was it had never improved and updated its game engine or gameplay.)

You play three different Android characters who are unrelated in the beginning, but their destinies and fates converge and intertwine later in the game.

The game has a lot of  amazing cinematic set pieces:

Edited by ktchong

It's too bad it will never come to pc, it's one of the greatest storytelling games and ot also sports some amazing graphics. We just don't see this alot in games in general (spanning all eras of gaming).

The optimization is great because it's Quantics in-house engine which was developed exclusively for PS4. See, PS4 exclusives have the best optimization across any board of games because Sony funds the developer to do so. It's why Sony is leading in games at this point, regardless of genre. This gen has done well for me as a PS4 owner.

I got into the Google Stream beta! So I guess I'm going to be playing my first AC game since 3.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still can't crack GR70 even with change to Marauder.  So I guess I have to grind a bit more.   I suppose tendency to be locked into the BiS meta makes the game boring as well.  Hopefully in D4 they find some way to not have the 6-pc bonus be a ridiculous "You do 15,000% more damage with this playstyle" type.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Taking a break from Kingmaker to wander the stars with Star Trader Frontiers.

They just patched in a possibility to explore and scavenge orbital wreckage - I mean, if you track such wreckage through sector rumors and manage to not kill half your crew during the process. Which is a free patch with a major mechanic. That they have a whole bunch of planned.

Maybe I'm just early on and it opens up more, but Arkham Knight so far seems like there's way, way less to do in the open world than in previous games.  On my map so far there's the main quest, there's some murder quest, some rescue firefighters quest, then there's random Riddler trophies.  That's it.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There a many dlc and side missions to open, you shall see :)

Going to be taking a break from Assassin's Creed : Odyssey and starting a playthrough of Final Fantasy

XV - Windows Edition, which I had gotten in a Steam sale a few months back and I totally forgot about. 

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´