What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

I finished chapter 5 in Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 and I still haven't hit a paywall. I will buy something, not out of necessity, but rather to support the devs, I just haven't decided what to buy yet. There is at least 1 more chapter in the main story and plenty of other stuff to do. Before I dive into chapter 6 I'm going back into the Aura Gate dungeon and doing some other side content. I want to make at least 2 super strong teams of demons. Right now my main team is fairly strong with my strongest demon being Asherah. She's the only demon I'm definitely keeping (Asherah is in the top 10 strongest demons in the game and has super strong heals), most of the rest are probably getting fused at some point. Hopefully I can get my hands on a Metatron eventually, if that's a demon that's usable in this game. Metatron tends to be the strongest demon in MegaTen games, he's served as a ultimate final boss before in the series.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, ~40 hours, Chapter 2.

The good: I've found two (!) +2 scimitars and the party mage has learned Death Fog. The bad: I've understood where criticism for BG2 plot was coming from and some quests have made me facepalm.

I guess, I know where I can find +3 scimitars and that a good-/neutral-aligned party is unlikely to acquire them. Is +3 weapon necessary or +2 is enough for SoA?

Puttering around with Yakuza 0 a bit. I do have to say, trying to play some of the mini-games with a keyboard and mouse is incredibly painful.

Also have to get back to play through the last half of Vampyr. Life disrupted my gameplay the other month and I haven't been in the right mood for gothic vampire stuff.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Still Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, ~40 hours, Chapter 2.

The good: I've found two (!) +2 scimitars and the party mage has learned Death Fog. The bad: I've understood where criticism for BG2 plot was coming from and some quests have made me facepalm.

I guess, I know where I can find +3 scimitars and that a good-/neutral-aligned party is unlikely to acquire them. Is +3 weapon necessary or +2 is enough for SoA?

Some monsters are immune to +2 weapons and below, but they are few and far between. And I don't think you should be encountering any* of them before at least the second half of the game. I'm pretty sure some of them are also optional to fight (i.e. you'd have to go out of your way to do so).

Don't worry though. You'll end up with more weapons and gold than you'll know what to do with unless you're rushing to complete the main quest.

*the only exception is a certain type of encounter consisting of a certain construct inside a room with a door too small for it to chase you if you have to run because you can't hurt it. There's two of those in chapter 2 if memory serves. And you can defeat them using other tools anyway.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.

Defeated an Adamantine Golem (the party had two +3 weapons - the Flail of Ages and Shadow's Blade) and the cleric single-handedly defeated a red dragon (it took about 20 attempts).

Finally reached the third chapter.

Just few moments ago, I have finished my NG+ run of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on PS3. I have now every item, consumable and equip, besides two soul boss upgrade items, which I am still missing for Platinum Trophy and 100%-ing the game. I've defeated Gwyn second time, after 32 hours and 139 deaths :D . Much less farming, this time, so it went much faster than my blind run and "everything possible" NG run.

One last super speed run for Sif, two bells, Iron Golem and Anor Londo blacksmith, to get Platinum in this game as well :)

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Doesn't feel like it, but it's been almost two years since I completed XCOM Long War for the one and only time. Since then a guy called Ucross has been developing a "rebalance" of it, which is misnamed, it's got some significant gameplay changes. Just recently there was a freeze on new additions, so it seems a good time to dive back in.

The most significant changes probably are an overhaul to the air combat system, which has always been notoriously terrible, and to activation mechanics. You can now send a squadron of interceptors after a single UFO to fight as a group, rather than send them out one at a time. And when you activate aliens, all aliens that see the aliens you just activated will also activate. That one might sound terrible, but you're also generally stronger and better equipped to handle it. That, plus pod density has been reduced somewhat so you don't activate the entire map on the first turn of a terror mission.

That said, I haven't really noticed it playing too differently to how I remember, though admittedly I'm only four missions in. I like the small touch of you starting with SHIVs, including one deployed in the opening mission, which gives you a reliable tank making the early game far less prone to RNG. It also tends to reward aggression a bit more, which is a stated design goal.

P.S. Amusingly, after all the initial complaints about the "free" scamper move aliens get when you first encounter them, that mechanic is now symmetrical, and anytime you activate aliens when your moves have been exhausted, you get a free move action.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

More Darkwooding. The nights are getting quite tense, but I figured the strategy of scared chicken seems to work quite well against evil lurking among the trees. ... It'd be nice if days were't getting creepier the further I get into the forest either, but they kinda do.

Good news: I might craft an actual gun soon enough!

Really damn good horror game, this one.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

I wonder if the new Tomb Raider will be good. Hope springs eternal. They were still defending button prompt QTEs as real gameplay the last time. 

I was looking forward to it, but locking the challenge tombs behind a Season Pass (or the "Croft Edition") taking the price up to over 80 Euros has moved the game into the "buy when steeply discounted" category. My backlog is big enough that I can wait, even for a game I was looking forward to.

Anyway, still mucking about in Fallout 4: Project Valkyrie (or rather "Outcasts and Outlaws", which integrates with Project Valkyrie). Ran into my first big issue with the mod: a prison sequence where they strip all your gear. When I found my gear a whole bunch of my stuff ended up being missing. *sigh* ended up having to make sure I emptied out my inventory and left any and all weapons I renamed behind just to make sure nothing would go missing. Annoying.

Started playing Guild Wars 2 a bit more actively as well. Almost got world completion done for the second time, this time on my Chronomancer (aka, my first Mesmers, and yes, I have 2 max level Mesmer, I like Mesmers). Despite all the new content being good I end up still preferring the "old world" areas. The fact that all the latest expansion stuff run like utter garbage might have something to do with it though. Also, Mesmer being lousy DPS makes the constant flood of enemies with insane aggro and leash ranges a horrible chore.

My new guild has also started raiding a bit more seriously so hoping I can finally tank Dhuum and get that one knocked of ye ole bucked list soonish as well...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

After dinner break, and 2,5 hours long NG++ speed run for last trophy (I have forgot to pick up Large Ember in the Depths, so I had to backtrack back from Anor Londo, and died few times), I have finished my Platinum Trophy run of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on PS3.

The game was little bit easier than Demon's Souls, with the exception of Smough and Ornstein, and Kalameet's tail cutting. Still I am happy to have completely beaten another Soulborne game right after turning 40 years old :p

My collection of Platinums went up to 18 :)

If anyone cares, complete list is in my signature :)

• Like 2

I jumped back into my game of Subnautica and realized I had done everything I wanted already. I had a beautiful habitat with great decorations. I had a neat submarine parked outside. I mean, yeah, I could try and cure the virus and all that, but I think I'm happy just living out in the ocean in my own sustainable environment.

• Like 2

Now I have checked the stats of my Dark Souls playthrough :p

One thing which I find funny :D

Time to Platinum
6 years, 10 months, 3 weeks

This record will be very hard to beat :D

• Like 2

After all the two month long Dark Souls adrenaline marathon, I have decided to chill at some older game in my backlog, and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory is the perfect game, where I can just sit down in my chair and have easy time to play and enjoy without to much hassle. Dark Souls II will be on schedule probably after Xmas :)

Destiny 2

So I started playing it because it was free with PS+ and I found that I really like it. It just feels like the Halo campaign I've been missing, with some extra bits and bobbles. So I went ahead and bought the whole package and fully anticipate regretting it before I'm done.

I mean, I still never cared for Halo's competitive multiplayer, I still dislike lootfests, but it's very fun floating around shooting stuff. I miss running around in Halo campaigns shooting grunts and jumping around.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I wonder if the new Tomb Raider will be good. Hope springs eternal. They were still defending button prompt QTEs as real gameplay the last time. 

I was looking forward to it, but locking the challenge tombs behind a Season Pass (or the "Croft Edition") taking the price up to over 80 Euros has moved the game into the "buy when steeply discounted" category. My backlog is big enough that I can wait, even for a game I was looking forward to.

Anyway, still mucking about in Fallout 4: Project Valkyrie (or rather "Outcasts and Outlaws", which integrates with Project Valkyrie). Ran into my first big issue with the mod: a prison sequence where they strip all your gear. When I found my gear a whole bunch of my stuff ended up being missing. *sigh* ended up having to make sure I emptied out my inventory and left any and all weapons I renamed behind just to make sure nothing would go missing. Annoying.

Started playing Guild Wars 2 a bit more actively as well. Almost got world completion done for the second time, this time on my Chronomancer (aka, my first Mesmers, and yes, I have 2 max level Mesmer, I like Mesmers). Despite all the new content being good I end up still preferring the "old world" areas. The fact that all the latest expansion stuff run like utter garbage might have something to do with it though. Also, Mesmer being lousy DPS makes the constant flood of enemies with insane aggro and leash ranges a horrible chore.

My new guild has also started raiding a bit more seriously so hoping I can finally tank Dhuum and get that one knocked of ye ole bucked list soonish as well...

Well, one could just chose to ignore all the downloadables since you can't really know whether it will be worthwhile. Besides, the new way of selling a AAA game on sale is to heavily discount the base game only, hoping for microtransactions and DLCs to recover the loss. They always want you to be able to spend more and they figure once you are invested you will.

I'd guess the DLCs will hover around the 5-10 Euro mark and there will be no option for an all in one GOTY edition, not heavily discounted anyway.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I finished the Destiny 2 base campaign. Lots of fun, if completely flat emotionally. Halo had this great partnership with Master Chief and Cortana which got expanded as the series went along. Destiny has the potential for that with it's three fireteam members, but they did not do anything with them except serve as McGuffins you have to collect who occasionally throw out something on the radio.

But still tons of fun and I look forward to more.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Farewell, social life. Hello, Dragon Quest XI.

Jealousy level rising... Rising.

It will likely be at least a couple months before I get to play it. :(

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, one could just chose to ignore all the downloadables since you can't really know whether it will be worthwhile. Besides, the new way of selling a AAA game on sale is to heavily discount the base game only, hoping for microtransactions and DLCs to recover the loss. They always want you to be able to spend more and they figure once you are invested you will.

I'd guess the DLCs will hover around the 5-10 Euro mark and there will be no option for an all in one GOTY edition, not heavily discounted anyway.

Oh, I am a flawed human being, but impatience thankfully isn't one of my flaws. Steam games (and their DLC) tend to go on sale eventually.

Origin is a lot more annoying in that respect, EA tends to stick to the tactic you describe pretty consistently and waiting for a "GOTY" version is usually more reasonable than waiting for DLC to go on sale on that platform (often the discount on the GOTY makes it slightly cheaper than buying the discounted DLC so they can do you over once more). Thankfully it's been a long while since there's been a game on there I really want.

I finished the Destiny 2 base campaign. Lots of fun, if completely flat emotionally. Halo had this great partnership with Master Chief and Cortana which got expanded as the series went along. Destiny has the potential for that with it's three fireteam members, but they did not do anything with them except serve as McGuffins you have to collect who occasionally throw out something on the radio.

But still tons of fun and I look forward to more.

Just in time for the Forsaken expansion. :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.